ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Browns made up Manziel concussion to cover for him showing up drunk (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=298127)

Baby Lee 02-09-2016 01:51 PM

Refresh my memory, wasn't Manziel the draft pick the owner took from a homeless dude outside the stadium? ROFL

-King- 02-09-2016 01:58 PM

Can they even punish the browns? The GM and coach who made that decision are fired. Hue Jackson wants nothing to do with Manziel. He doesn't even want to talk to him
Posted via Mobile Device

Red Dawg 02-09-2016 01:59 PM

They are screwed. Goodell should go ape shit on them with punishment. Any coach that knew could get banned for life or at least a year.

rabblerouser 02-09-2016 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 12073270)
Just when you think the Browns organization can't get anymore screwed up, they now have this shitfest to deal with.

The league should step in and auction off the Browns to the highest bidder. Payoff that crappy owner Jimmy Haslam and let him run his truck stops.

Well, to be fair, being drunk can totally look like a concussion.

:drool:

DaFace 02-09-2016 02:07 PM

I guess I don't see why this is a huge deal (in terms of league punishment anyway). It's just lying about an injury, which I'm sure happens all the time. Slap on the wrist? Sure. But some of you guys are acting like some sort of crime was committed.

KC_Lee 02-09-2016 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 12073270)
Just when you think the Browns organization can't get anymore screwed up, they now have this shitfest to deal with.

The league should step in and auction off the Browns to the highest bidder. Payoff that crappy owner Jimmy Haslam and let him run his truck stops.

Nah, just swap the Titan's ownership with the Brown's ownership. Then Jimmy Haslam can own the team in his brother's state.

Marcellus 02-09-2016 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12073321)
I guess I don't see why this is a huge deal (in terms of league punishment anyway). It's just lying about an injury, which I'm sure happens all the time. Slap on the wrist? Sure. But some of you guys are acting like some sort of crime was committed.

Yea I agree. Had they hid a concussion by saying he was drunk the shit would hit the fan but really this seems very minor to me.

Valiant 02-09-2016 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12073321)

Yeah i dont see the big deal. If it were reverse maybe and hiding a concussion. Teams lie about the injury severity all the time. Give them a 5k fine and be done.

Mr. Laz 02-09-2016 02:23 PM

League isn't going to be happy about the Browns manipulating the system. Concussions are THE hot button issue right now too.

It will be interesting to see what the punishment will be. Of course it will be more severe for the Browns than it would be for the Broncos,Patriots,Steelers etc.

Garcia Bronco 02-09-2016 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12073246)
If they were concerned about his privacy, they only had to say, "We're dealing with an off-the-field issue" or that he's out for "personal reasons" or whatever the preferred PR wording is

I don't know if this was Ray Farmer's fault or the coach's, but man, what a massive ****up Ray Farmer turned out to be. I'd be surprised if he works in an NFL front office in ANY capacity ever again.

OR they could say he had a concussion. It's takes a real twisted sense of reality to blame the Browns for Manziel's poor choices.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-09-2016 06:40 PM

This is exactly why the Browns are a horrible organization . Lots of people go to work intoxicated and perform just fine. they should have just let Johnny roll .

Deberg_1990 02-09-2016 06:45 PM

"Tell the troof!l

GloucesterChief 02-09-2016 07:03 PM

I think the reason they did this was trade value. Concussion's are one thing but showing up to practice drunk completely kills any potential trade value particularly after Johnny's problems with alcohol.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-09-2016 07:09 PM

If Pioli got another job after burning a franchise to the ground and initiating a complete fan revolt amidst a totalitarian regime, there's no reason why Farmer couldn't either.

J Diddy 02-09-2016 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12073894)
This is exactly why the Browns are a horrible organization . Lots of people go to work intoxicated and perform just fine. they should have just let Johnny roll .

The only way I'd want to play for the Browns is if they let me play drunk.