ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Resources for the 2016 Chiefs Offseason (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=296259)

Direckshun 11-24-2015 10:27 PM

For the record, Sean Smith is exactly the type of player this team should be re-signing. Not only because he's very good.

The past TWO seasons we've punished him for some offense by putting his ass on the 2nd team defense.

Both times, Sean Smith responded by playing his ass off rather than tanking. He responded by celebrating with his fellow 2nd teamers when they recorded a sack or pick six. Matter of fact, he celebrated just like they were starters in a playoff game.

He's also been extremely well credited with Marcus Peters' development.

This guy was a "lights on, lights off" player for the Dolphins, but not only has he becomes a lights on player only under Sutton and Reid, he's been a consummate team player on the field.

Sign his ass, Dorsey.

Urc Burry 11-24-2015 10:49 PM

Yeah I hadn't even thought that much ahead in regards to the franchise tag. With him being 28 and likely getting his last chance at a big contract, we would have a ton of leverage. Just get Howard and Berry inked before it comes to that

jonzie04 11-25-2015 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11904530)
I think this is a year you sign your own guus maybe make 1 free agent signing that's not just depth filler, and have a good draft

Yep, going to be a Packers like offseason.. I'm sure Dorsey will bring in his collection of random jags, and i'm sure some of them will contribute one way or another next year.

spanky 52 11-25-2015 08:00 AM

Howard, Berry and Johnson are a lock. I wouldn't mind seeing Smith finishing his career here but he'll want a nice contract. If it comes down to him and Allen, I'd rather keep Allen and go CB early in the draft.

And Stephenson, Reid and Fanaika can go **** themselves.

ChiefAshhole1056 12-21-2015 09:02 PM

So with the Reid signing, how does that impact the cap room for the offseason?

Also, I believe the new salary cap has been announced to $160-ish could be wrong though.

I think Jeff Allen deserves to be on the must-keep list. Same with Tyvon Branch. Him and Josh Mauga have to be considered the two of the biggest surprises of the year imo.

Tender West, Sorenson, and Moses to reasonable tier offers that is team-friendly and will also attract other teams.

Franchise Sean Smith, he's the type of player it was made for. (Guy you want one more year of at a price you'd probably have to pay anyways but only for a year instead of multiple).

Dante84 12-21-2015 11:46 PM

Sorenson is probably the worst player on our team that sees the field on a regular basis, alongside Frankie Hammond, who is a stop-gap while DAT heals.

This coming offseason is going to be a blast, because we know what we have now, we know who needs to go, and with another solid FA group and Draft class, we will be well positioned to contend on a regular basis.

Direckshun 12-25-2015 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056 (Post 11969548)
So with the Reid signing, how does that impact the cap room for the offseason?

Also, I believe the new salary cap has been announced to $160-ish could be wrong though.

I think Jeff Allen deserves to be on the must-keep list. Same with Tyvon Branch. Him and Josh Mauga have to be considered the two of the biggest surprises of the year imo.

Tender West, Sorenson, and Moses to reasonable tier offers that is team-friendly and will also attract other teams.

Franchise Sean Smith, he's the type of player it was made for. (Guy you want one more year of at a price you'd probably have to pay anyways but only for a year instead of multiple).

Overthecap.com doesn't have info on how Jah Reid's new contract affects the cap. Soon as they do, I'll update the OP. :)

Direckshun 01-08-2016 08:57 PM

Updated to reflect the signings of Demetrius Harris and Jah Reid.

I will update our cap numbers when overthecap.com has updated them.

Bowser 03-03-2017 09:44 PM

D, would it be ok to unsticky this thread in favor of another?

Direckshun 03-07-2017 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12767480)
D, would it be ok to unsticky this thread in favor of another?

Yeah this is outdated. Forgot it was stickied.

I'm on a smartphone, otherwise I'd do it.

Direckshun 03-07-2017 09:14 AM

Got it.

Bowser 03-07-2017 09:36 AM

Cool. Forgot you had the privileges in here....