ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs #7 in NFL.com power rankings (1 spot over Denver) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294452)

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-09-2015 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11712993)
I think we'll know after week 1. If we can win week one there's reason to have hope.

If we lose week 1 it's hard to see how we'll beat teams like the Packers, Donks, or Bengals. Starting off 0-3 or 1-4 is hard to come back from...

Doesn't work that way. Last year we lost to the Titans. We beat the Seahawks and Patriots so bad everybody was saying it was time for Brady and Belicheck to hang it up.

Big Tedd 09-09-2015 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11713004)
Why's that? Seems pretty logical that, if we can't beat the Texans, it's gonna be tough to beat better teams.

Remember last year?

Lost to the Titans first game but beat the Patriots and Seahawks later in the season. Don't loose your mind over one game.

scho63 09-09-2015 08:53 AM

They are ranked all over the place.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...150053421.html

#13 at Yahoo Sports

13. Kansas City Chiefs (LW: 12)
Eric Fisher getting bumped from left tackle to right tackle is not a good sign for the 2013 No. 1 overall pick. But, it's not like there were any superstars taken high in that draft. It looks like it's going down as one of the worst drafts ever.

At least he nails it with that last statement!

Rausch 09-09-2015 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 11713033)
Doesn't work that way. Last year we lost to the Titans. We beat the Seahawks and Patriots so bad everybody was saying it was time for Brady and Belicheck to hang it up.

At the time both those teams were slumping and we were the low point that started their rebound.

And we started the year with injuries last year. This year, other than Poe, this team is healthy and ready to go...

BWillie 09-09-2015 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Riley (Post 11712946)
The Cowboys are garbage dunno how they are top 10

They are? The reason Murray was so good last year was because of their amazing offensive line. That isn't going anywhere. Whoever they put back there this year to run the ball will have success.

Rausch 09-09-2015 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Tedd (Post 11713034)
Remember last year?

Lost to the Titans first game but beat the Patriots and Seahawks later in the season. Don't loose your mind over one game.

A huge reason we lost to the Titans last year was our kicker shanking everything...

Coochie liquor 09-09-2015 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Riley (Post 11712946)
The Cowboys are garbage dunno how they are top 10

Good defense, good playmakers in Romo, Dez, and an offensive line that can open holes even Trent Richardson could run through.

BigRichard 09-09-2015 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 11713033)

Exactly, Chiefsplanet members overreacts to shit all the time. Half of the teams in the NFL lose week 1. I guess we should just eliminate them from playoff contention at that time.

BossChief 09-09-2015 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11713061)
A huge reason we lost to the Titans last year was our kicker shanking everything...

And we were a very young team that lost 2 veteran leaders for the whole year to Achilles injuries

And Alex threw a bunch of picks

And we came out flat

And we overlooked the Titans with Denver on the schedule for week 2 (hopefully, this doesn't happen again)

BossChief 09-09-2015 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 11713069)
Exactly, Chiefsplanet members overreacts to shit all the time. Half of the teams in the NFL lose week 1. I guess we should just eliminate them from playoff contention at that time.

Well, if we won that game, we would have been in the playoffs.

Rausch 09-09-2015 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 11713069)

Our schedule starts rough and ends easy.

Few teams make the playoffs after starting 0-3. It just doesn't happen that often.

I do like our last 6 games though. If we're 4-4 at the midway mark I love our chances at the playoffs...

Simply Red 09-09-2015 09:22 AM

well not shocking considering we're winning the Super-bowl.

Mile High Mania 09-09-2015 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11712993)
I think we'll know after week 1. If we can win week one there's reason to have hope.

If we lose week 1 it's hard to see how we'll beat teams like the Packers, Donks, or Bengals. Starting off 0-3 or 1-4 is hard to come back from...

Not saying you've said, this ... but there's been so much talk around here by the masses about the talent on this team and how they're the most talented in the division. If that's true, then the road opener in Houston without Foster and really a marginally overall talented offense... that should be a win.

I didn't follow a lot of the preseason chest beating, so maybe this has been your stance the whole time... but, KC's expectations should be they're walking in and winning that game, no questions asked.

You are right though, lose that game and there's so much lost momentum heading into the home opener vs Denver.

Beef Supreme 09-09-2015 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Tedd (Post 11713034)
Remember last year?

I remember last year. When we missed the playoffs by one win.

Coochie liquor 09-09-2015 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11713084)
well not shocking considering we're winning the Super-bowl.

This!!