ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet How can we improve Chiefs discussion around here? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293965)

alpha_omega 08-17-2015 03:31 PM

End of Megathreads = problem solved

mdchiefsfan 08-17-2015 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 11665975)
Yes as has been mentioned over and over and over and over, ChiefsPlanet is a mere shadow of its former self.
There is a laundry list of things that could be done.
Civility not hatred for differences of opinions.
When someone has "news" and doesn't have a link they should not be ran over the coals about it.
Better moderation.
Trolls should be sent packing. They may generate "traffic" but the tolerance and acceptance of trolls has cost this board many of its best posters.
That is just a few things off the top of my head.

Penbrook approves this message.

I keed, I keed

BlackOp 08-17-2015 03:32 PM

Having the Mods prevent every thread from dissolving into a bitch session about Alex Smith...would be a good start.

There are 4-5 posters that ruin any type of objective discussion...and they show up in every thread. They add nothing to the topic.

Titty Meat 08-17-2015 03:32 PM

Ban the trolls

alanm 08-17-2015 03:32 PM

How bout giving timeouts to certain individuals who come in and shit all over positive news concerning the Chiefs. I won't even get into the name calling of the members who try to keep a positive outlook. It gets old :shake:

Quesadilla Joe 08-17-2015 03:33 PM

New rule, if some new info is posted in a megathread and a new thread is made with that same info it doesn't automatically qualify as Q. Only subsequent new threads with that same info can be classified as a Q..

alanm 08-17-2015 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 11665992)
Having the Mods prevent every thread from dissolving into bitch session about Alex Smith...would be a good start.

There are 4-5 posters that ruin any type of objective discussion...and they show up in every thread.

And I think we all know who they are.

DaFace 08-17-2015 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11665989)
2. Stop giving a shit about repost police. They usually get it all out of their systems within the first 10 posts or so.

If the thread contains good material or a basis for good discussion, it'll survive.

3. Stop bitching about megathreads. If you don't like them, stay out of them. There are enough people that like it only one way that both megathreads and individual threads for a number of topics will remain on the front page.

I think you're missing the point. You say "stop bitching - if things are good, it'll work out," but the point is that that's not happening the way things are at the moment.

ThaVirus 08-17-2015 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11665989)
2. Stop giving a shit about repost police. They usually get it all out of their systems within the first 10 posts or so.

If the thread contains good material or a basis for good discussion, it'll survive.

3. Stop bitching about megathreads. If you don't like them, stay out of them. There are enough people that like it only one way that both megathreads and individual threads for a number of topics will remain on the front page.

In all likelihood, we'll end up with a front page full of megathreads and individual threads discussing similar things. At that point, the board will be littered with good discussion.

It's a win for everyone except those that come here for pool threads. Even then, this place loves it some poop threads so we'll have a lot of bit of something for everyone.

lewdog 08-17-2015 03:33 PM

I personally hate the mega threads. I don't read Chiefs stuff everyday. I can't keep up unless it's in its own thread.

ThaVirus 08-17-2015 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 11665995)
New rule, if some new info is posted in a megathread and a new thread is made with that same info it doesn't automatically qualify as Q. Only subsequent new threads with that same info can be classified as a Q..

No. You DIE. Right now.

notorious 08-17-2015 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 11665971)
1.) Everything you want gets buried in the giant megathreads. Then it's too hard to go back and find information.

2.) Have some real games that we'll actually care about. It's preseason #1 man.

3.) Snapplez is from Fort Worth? Neato.

/end thread

Mav 08-17-2015 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11665983)
That's certainly an option. However, that solution involves me sadly just leaving and spending my time elsewhere, which isn't what I'm after at all.

And that's part of the problem. You bring a legitimate concern/question, and someone is either an asshole about it, or makes a joke of it. It's every thread. Before this offseason since I have been here I never missed a day. Now, meh. The trolls run the place now sadly.

seclark 08-17-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11665965)
If it turns out that everyone is pretty content the way things are, I'll just bookmark some other resources and move on with life. But if I'm not alone, what can we do to make things better?

props for not saying you're leaving forever. this is nicer.

you're not alone, but when something like this gets posted, people bag on you for posting it.
too old
things change
old posters suck more than new posters
bring back thiggy
etc

you were a great mod, though.

sec

KC native 08-17-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 11665995)

Shut up Knowmo.