ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reid announces starting Oline for 1st preseason game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293873)

Titty Meat 08-12-2015 10:23 AM

That whole right side will be complete shit. If this is an upgrade over last year it's not by much.

RunKC 08-12-2015 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 11655304)
What does this say about how the staff really feels about Kush and Stephenson?

Don't care. I just hope Allen looks good.

Getting one of the two offensive lineman drafted in 2012 would be a big success.

Bootlegged 08-12-2015 10:24 AM

Allen Bailey at RT - Ironman football. He eats roadkill. He could do it.

wazu 08-12-2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 11655304)
What does this say about how the staff really feels about Kush and Stephenson?

They are resting them for the playoffs.

Rausch 08-12-2015 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billay (Post 11655331)
That whole right side will be complete shit. If this is an upgrade over last year it's not...

Exactly...

Saccopoo 08-12-2015 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 11655315)
Wut?

The fact that neither are capable of playing at this level for whatever reason.

I've said before that it's going to be a question of Stephenson being able to achieve functional power without the PED's as he's now going to be looked at with a higher degree of regularity/probability in terms of testing by the league. His only real question mark coming into the league was his strength, which wasn't overwhelming when he came out of college. He was incredibly athletic for a man his size, but not incredibly strong. One hoped that an NFL strength and conditioning program would have allowed his base athleticism to build his functional strength. However, as far as it goes right here, right now, this is apparently not the case.

With Kush, I've repeatedly said that if he was any good, even marginally, that they would have played him at guard last season due to the horrific nature of the on-field performance of McGlynn/Linkenbach. You simply couldn't get worse than those two. Well, unless it was Kush. I've already expressed my disappointment in not signing Rod Hudson to a new deal (although it would have been tough to match the offer given to him by the Raiders, he was still our best lineman by a good measure last season).

This shows that Reid and staff are more concerned about putting out the best five performance wise versus experience, tenure, etc., although I'm a bit concerned about Morse at center seeing as he's had very little experience at the position and defensive coordinators are going to go after him hard - like they did with Fulton last season.

Should have paid Hudson.

milkman 08-12-2015 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11655357)
The fact that neither are capable of playing at this level for whatever reason.

I've said before that it's going to be a question of Stephenson being able to achieve functional power without the PED's as he's now going to be looked at with a higher degree of regularity/probability in terms of testing by the league. His only real question mark coming into the league was his strength, which wasn't overwhelming when he came out of college. He was incredibly athletic for a man his size, but not incredibly strong. One hoped that an NFL strength and conditioning program would have allowed his base athleticism to build his functional strength. However, as far as it goes right here, right now, this is apparently not the case.

With Kush, I've repeatedly said that if he was any good, even marginally, that they would have played him at guard last season due to the horrific nature of the on-field performance of McGlynn/Linkenbach. You simply couldn't get worse than those two. Well, unless it was Kush. I've already expressed my disappointment in not signing Rod Hudson to a new deal (although it would have been tough to match the offer given to him by the Raiders, he was still our best lineman by a good measure last season).

This shows that Reid and staff are more concerned about putting out the best five performance wise versus experience, tenure, etc., although I'm a bit concerned about Morse at center seeing as he's had very little experience at the position and defensive coordinators are going to go after him hard - like they did with Fulton last season.

Should have paid Hudson.

Not at the price tag he got.

But I was expressing some amusement to your post, since you were saying all offseason that Stepehenson was going to be the man when I expressed concerns.

Most of my heated exchanges were with SNR, but you chimed in.

And I will say this again.

SNR is a ****ing moron.

Titty Meat 08-12-2015 10:37 AM

Does Stephenson even make the roster?

Dunerdr 08-12-2015 10:37 AM

This is clearly just to add morse value so we can trade him and let kush start! Yay chuefs! -truefan

RealSNR 08-12-2015 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11655323)
Great roster stash move with Eric Kush last season then, amirite?

Eh, you always need a backup C. Would you rather have had Zach Fulton doing that job?

Hammock Parties 08-12-2015 10:42 AM

This is gonna be fun.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-p29u4b-k8B...-rub-hands.gif

Mav 08-12-2015 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billay (Post 11655331)
That whole right side will be complete shit. If this is an upgrade over last year it's not by much.

Are you ever right about anything? Fulton is only going to get better and Allen was playing well before he got hurt. Morse is the unknown but that is a hell of an impression if he has supplanted kush before the first preseason game.

RealSNR 08-12-2015 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 11655368)
Not at the price tag he got.

But I was expressing some amusement to your post, since you were saying all offseason that Stepehenson was going to be the man when I expressed concerns.

Most of my heated exchanges were with SNR, but you chimed in.

And I will say this again.

SNR is a ****ing moron.

What was I wrong about, Pat Bowlen? The fact that we were fine at the guard spots? Oh wait, I was right about that.

How about needing more depth at OT? Nope, I was right about that, too.

Go **** yourself.

Rausch 08-12-2015 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11655390)

So he was still drafted and intended to be a G, right?...

Mav 08-12-2015 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11655390)

Your over reaction to preseason games always are "fun"