ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Does Plex just suck or am I doing something wrong? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293871)

NewChief 08-12-2015 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 11656143)
Ive gotten Kodi to work fine for TV shows and movies. What I cant get it to do is stream live TV channels. Ive been messing around with it all day, watched probably 15 Youtube vids and tried different tutorials. I have the live channels, they just wont play anything. I actually did get one NBC Sports channel to play but that's it. None of the ESPN, Fox Sports or CBS stations will load.

I see the usefulness of it if you just want to watch already aired TV shows and movies. But if this is as good as it gets for live TV I dont think cord cutting is a real option unless you dont need or want it.

It sucks for live TV outside of USTVNow. Get a digital antennae for local stations. For sports, check out the Sportsdevil addon.

Fish 08-12-2015 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 11656143)
Ive gotten Kodi to work fine for TV shows and movies. What I cant get it to do is stream live TV channels. Ive been messing around with it all day, watched probably 15 Youtube vids and tried different tutorials. I have the live channels, they just wont play anything. I actually did get one NBC Sports channel to play but that's it. None of the ESPN, Fox Sports or CBS stations will load.

I see the usefulness of it if you just want to watch already aired TV shows and movies. But if this is as good as it gets for live TV I dont think cord cutting is a real option unless you dont need or want it.

Live streams will not be both reliable/high quality and free on a consistent basis. That's just the nature of the beast. The biggest hurdle to overcome with cutting the cord is live TV. If you absolutely require that, then you need to stick with cable/satellite because you will not find a free HD source for all live TV at this time. You can pay for reliable live TV cable with accounts like USTVNow, but that's a monthly payment. If you're expecting to cut the cord and completely replace live TV watching with free online streams, you're going to be very disappointed.

MTG#10 08-12-2015 09:51 PM

I guess I was going in with too high of expectations. I dont know if I misread something or heard someone say it but I was under the impression you could stream pretty much any channel for free. Oh well, its still pretty cool. Now if I could only figure out a way to cast it from my PC in my bedroom to my Chromecast I'll be in business. I can cast Plex just fine though.

Shaid 08-12-2015 11:21 PM

I really love Plex for my own content. It has a really nice interface. I'm not a fan of the streaming channels. I've been using Cartoon HD for all my streaming and chromecast it through the Localcast app. Super easy.

A lot of people also use the Showbox app but that has been buggy lately. I love it when it works.

Silock 08-12-2015 11:25 PM

I dislike Plex.

ragedogg69 08-15-2015 11:17 AM

So I got bored today and was messing around with the TVMC addons that come preinstalled. Cliq had ESPN2, FS1 and FS2 in 720p and ESPN in SD. SportsDevil is even keeping updated, but you have to install it manually from tvaddon.ag.

Kodi works fine for free shit, you have to be patient and look for them.

Demonpenz 08-15-2015 12:37 PM

I have cut the cord for a couple years and saved enough money to invest it. Plex is awesome with your own content, but you would be better off going to buffalo wild wings if you want to watch sports.

Buck 08-16-2015 02:45 AM

I installed the unsupported channels plugin and IceFilms and Let Me Watch This work fine on my PC but not Roku. SS Plex works fine on the Roku though, but I have to search through different sources for each show I want to watch. One source (vidzi.tv I think?) always works for me so far. This is great.

Buck 08-16-2015 02:48 AM

Is there any way to route my NFL Game Pass subscription through my Plex without having to have my entire home network connected on a VPN in Turkey though?

hometeam 08-16-2015 08:54 AM

Meh, I just use chrome and one single website to watch every show I want, and get live sports streams from the appropriate subreddit.

DaFace 08-16-2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 11663017)
Is there any way to route my NFL Game Pass subscription through my Plex without having to have my entire home network connected on a VPN in Turkey though?

A smart DNS (like AdFreeTime) will do it as well if you set it up on your router.