ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official NBA 2015 Off-Season (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293085)

RealSNR 06-24-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11564143)
Wiggins and towns could be very interesting for a while. I think they need a better pg than Rubio but if they can add a good shooting 2 guard, would be awesome.

LaVine is still a huge question mark, but he's definitely got the talent to be that skilled 2 guard.

I would almost prefer Russell over Towns, actually. I'm getting really tired of waiting for Rubio to be healthy. I know all of the injuries he's sustained have been "fluke", but you get enough of those racked up and they stop being flukes.

RealSNR 06-24-2015 01:15 PM

Really excited to see what a presence like KAT can do for spacing and allowing Dieng to be a better player that I think he can be.

Even Pekovic in the 10 games per season when he's not a broke dick will see an immediate payoff, I think.

Best of all, this means no more watching Adriean Payne **** himself in an attempt to not be shitty.

RunKC 06-24-2015 01:25 PM

@ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources say Cavs forward Kevin Love has opted out of the final year of his contract and will be a free agent July 1

Good job on passing on Wiggins Cleveland.

O.city 06-24-2015 01:31 PM

Meh, I bet he ends up in Cleveland still

RealSNR 06-24-2015 01:33 PM

Love being a huge vagina and a crybaby was the best thing to ever happen to Minnesota.

We wasted a good 4 years trying to build a team around that always-injured ****stick. Glad we for once raped a trade instead of getting raped by trades.

kcxiv 06-24-2015 01:45 PM

Nothing can help Minnesota, so it doesnt matter lol

RealSNR 06-24-2015 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 11564450)
Nothing can help Minnesota, so it doesnt matter lol

The worst parts of Minnesota's team last year were defensive rebounding (dead last) field goal percentage in the paint (dead last) and attempted 3-point shots (dead last).

KAT can and should improve all of those areas.

Minnesota is still a bunch of hopes and dreams, but damn, those are hopes and dreams that a lot of NBA teams would kill to have. It's better than assembling a team of a bunch of dead dicks and hoping that one day they can strike it rich on some non-top 10 draft prospect and get carried to greatness.

Bufkin 06-24-2015 02:06 PM

Should be a fun offseason. Hoping that the Jazz draft Frank Kaminsky with the 12th overall pick, JP Tokoto in the 2nd round, and bring back Paul Millsap (which is a hot rumor).

PG: Dante Exum, Trey Burke
SG: Alec Burks, JP Tokoto, Elijah Millsap
SF: Gordon Hayward, Rodney Hood, Joe Ingles
PF: Paul Millsap, Derrick Favors (6th man), Trevor Booker
C: Rudy Gobert, Frank Kaminsky.

Championship for Quin Snyder and Utah's finest.

thabear04 06-24-2015 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11564419)
@ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources say Cavs forward Kevin Love has opted out of the final year of his contract and will be a free agent July 1

http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-rumo...rs/2015/06/24/

Sources tell ESPN.com that the Los Angeles Lakers and the Celtics are among the teams planning ‎to make a run at Love in free agency. Sources say that the Portland Trail Blazers, furthermore, are likely to pursue the former Oregon high school star in the event that LaMarcus Aldridge — as many league executives expect — flees the Blazers in free agency

chiefzilla1501 06-24-2015 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11564419)

Yup. Still ****ing hate this trade.

KevB 06-24-2015 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 11564741)
Yup. Still ****ing hate this trade.

If Love stays healthy and helps you win a ring, it's a good trade. Sometimes you roll the dice to win a ring. Really tough call for Cavs management on what to do with Love now though.

chiefzilla1501 06-24-2015 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 11564751)
If Love stays healthy and helps you win a ring, it's a good trade. Sometimes you roll the dice to win a ring. Really tough call for Cavs management on what to do with Love now though.

It was a stupid trade then. It's proving to be even dumber now.

I screamed last year that the top 4 Cavs priorities in order were: wing defender, rim protector, backup PG, backup to give Lebron a rest. I said the Cavs didn't need another volume shooter in Love especially since he doesn't play defense. The Cavs would have had $15M in Love money, multiple first round picks, and Bennett/Waiters as trade bait to get those pieces and THEN some.

The Cavs proved in the finals they have a damn good team without him. Now all I can hope for is a sign and trade to salvage this.

BWillie 06-24-2015 04:28 PM

I am floored that Willie Cauley-Stein is projected 7th-8th. What a joke. The guy fit a particular need at UK, he didnt have to develop any offensive skills because UK constantly brings in 5 star scorers every year and he can just be the garbage man. Hes a pretty good defensive player dont get me wrong, but he isnt even an elite rebounder even though his size would warrant it. He wasnt even very good against 6ft2inch white kids in the Sunflower league in HS. If you want defense, fine, but dont waste it on a lottery pick w/ WCS. You can get Robert Upshaw instead in the early 2nd whos a better shot blocker with a higher upside. WCS has a very low ceiling, I dont care how long and athletic he is. He has Sasha Kaun like offensive skills, and that is probably pushing it

CaliforniaChief 06-25-2015 01:42 PM

I'm seeing a lot of buzz that the Lakers are leaning towards drafting D'Angelo Russell.

I love it, if true.

Use the cap space to add Aldridge or Love, draft Russell, Randle comes back, and they're in business again.

RealSNR 06-25-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 11566181)
I'm seeing a lot of buzz that the Lakers are leaning towards drafting D'Angelo Russell.

I love it, if true.

Use the cap space to add Aldridge or Love, draft Russell, Randle comes back, and they're in business again.

Sixers should trade their pick.

The last thing they need is another addition to their cluster**** of centers