ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports What's your favorite sports ball? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292431)

CoMoChief 05-10-2015 08:08 AM

I'd say tennis ball because you can play w/ it virtually anywhere.

But I love having a baseball in my hands. Always loved to pitch and I was good, til I blew my arm out when I was 15.

BigMeatballDave 05-10-2015 09:48 AM

Hockey puck

BigMeatballDave 05-10-2015 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 11489717)
I was good, til I blew my arm out when I was 15.

From masturbation?

Deberg_1990 05-10-2015 09:57 AM

No luv for Ping Pong balls?

TLO 05-10-2015 01:01 PM

Bowling ball.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-10-2015 02:32 PM

Happy Fun Ball, mother****er.

Rain Man 05-10-2015 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 11489716)
Issac Newton would be interested in subscribing to your newsletter.

I've never seen one of these balls before, but I suspect that it's because if you drop one it eventually ends up in outer space.

carcosa 05-10-2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 11489525)
Racquetball. All ****ing day. Good bounce. Fits my hand perftectly. Good sound. Can't go wrong with racquetball.

Damn, yeah, the bounce and sound of the racquetball are hard to beat. I might stick with tennis ball just because it's a little easier to control the bounce (key for indoors idle bouncing; don't want to break any TVs if you can help it), but racquetball should definitely be a strong contender.

cosmo20002 05-10-2015 03:52 PM

Tennis balls are pretty ****ing versatile.
Good bounce, catchable, enough weight for a good throw.
Best thing is it is a decent substitute for a baseball. You could play baseball in the backyard/street/cul-de-sac without worrying too much about breaking a window or denting a car.

Rain Man 05-10-2015 05:46 PM

I agree with the sentiment about the racquetball. I was very torn between the tennis ball and the racquetball, and perhaps I should have even gone with the racquetball. I like the feel of it better than the fuzz on a tennis ball.

I think the fatal flaw of the otherwise wonderful football is that it requires two people. You really can't play with a football by yourself, in contrast to racquetballs and tennis balls. Give me a racquetball or tennis ball and I can entertain myself for hours.

Deberg_1990 05-10-2015 05:53 PM

Wiffle ball?

Iowanian 05-10-2015 05:54 PM

The ovary.

cdcox 05-10-2015 06:08 PM

I think the solo value of the football is extremely undervalued.

Even if one were stranded alone on an island who could not entertain themselves for endless hours by faking handoffs, running bootlegs, shifting the ball from side to side to deliver stiff arms to palm trees? Not to mention the joys of throwing the pass and catching it too (haha Elvis). With s tennis ball you miss the tree one time and that ball is lost in the underbrush forever -- a football is big enough to find. Also if you decide to do the Tom Hanks Wilson thing, a football will make an outstanding companion.

Perineum Ripper 05-10-2015 07:02 PM

I can't believe that there hasn't been any mom jokes about her favorite balls to play with are mine around here..what the **** is going on here

Rain Man 05-10-2015 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 11490513)
I think the solo value of the football is extremely undervalued.

Even if one were stranded alone on an island who could not entertain themselves for endless hours by faking handoffs, running bootlegs, shifting the ball from side to side to deliver stiff arms to palm trees? Not to mention the joys of throwing the pass and catching it too (haha Elvis). With s tennis ball you miss the tree one time and that ball is lost in the underbrush forever -- a football is big enough to find. Also if you decide to do the Tom Hanks Wilson thing, a football will make an outstanding companion.

I'll admit that I could have a lot of fun punting on a deserted island.