ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dorsey vs Pioli, What Say You Now? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291183)

Meatloaf 03-09-2015 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11371618)
As humans, there's no question who the better man is.

Reminds me of a Scooter anecdote. Remember when the Monet Water Lily exhibition was at The Nelson (art gallery) in KC (I'd bet NONE of you do....oh well)? Anyway, the day before the draft when Scooter was first here, the Chiefs people called The Nelson people and asked them to clear out the exhibition for a bit so that one of their guys could view it without the public rabble in sight. Yup, you guessed it. The next day Scooter had the exhibit all to his lonesome self. Pioli may have lacked some things, but ego wasn't one of them. Sheesh.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-09-2015 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 11371619)
Sweet Daddy, I can't talk to you now???

Actually, Scooter wasn't exactly a draft guru, and so far Dorsey hasn't exactly pulled rabbits outa hats either. However, it's probably too early to bag on Dorsey's picks as they haven't been in the league very long. So, by my tally, verdict is still going to be out on Dorsey's drafting abilities for at least a couple more years.

They both have their drafting issues.

Peeholi always struck me as an insecure type and afraid to commit, someone who had to be cattle-prodded in to a selection.

Dorsey loves his "Dianetics" software or whatever the **** you call it, and would probably be better served if Reid would just exit the process altogether. We all know Andy is scared to all holy hell death of a collapsing O-line, and would probably feed Saccopoo cheese steaks and pudding pops until he died to bring him on-board as an adviser to the draft.

I really won't miss Reid when he is gone.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-09-2015 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 11371628)
Reminds me of a Scooter anecdote. Remember when the Monet Water Lily exhibition was at The Nelson (art gallery) in KC (I'd bet NONE of you do....oh well)? Anyway, the day before the draft when Scooter was first here, the Chiefs people called The Nelson people and asked them to clear out the exhibition for a bit so that one of their guys could view it without the public rabble in sight. Yup, you guessed it. The next day Scooter had the exhibit all to his lonesome self. Pioli may have lacked some things, but ego wasn't one of them. Sheesh.

Sounds about right for that piece of shit.

RealSNR 03-09-2015 05:27 PM

I don't think even at Dorsey's perceived worst did anybody ever say that he was worse than Pioli.

RealSNR 03-09-2015 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11371631)

Peeholi always struck me as an insecure type and afraid to commit, someone who had to be cattle-prodded in to a selection.

Dorsey loves his "Dianetics" software or whatever the **** you call it, and would probably be better served if Reid would just exit the process altogether. We all know Andy is scared to all holy hell death of a collapsing O-line, and would probably feed Saccopoo cheese steaks and pudding pops until he died to bring him on-board as an adviser to the draft.

LMAO

I love the idea of Dorsey being a scientologist. I think it's hilarious for some reason. Don't know why.

Mav 03-09-2015 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11371634)
I don't think even at Dorsey's perceived worst did anybody ever say that he was worse than Pioli.

I have not read that.

Meatloaf 03-09-2015 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11371631)

Sweet Daddy, you're on a roll tonite. "...feed Saccopoo cheese steaks and pudding pops until he died to bring him on board as an advisor to the draft"

That's gonna be hard to top, my friend!

Hoover 03-09-2015 05:29 PM

Fat scott couldn't hire a good coach to save his life.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-09-2015 05:32 PM

Ridiculous question. Dorsey has been no better than average, but by comparison he looks like Branch Rickey to Pioli. Any non-Millen GM does.

Meatloaf 03-09-2015 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11371651)
Ridiculous question. Dorsey has been no better than average, but by comparison he looks like Branch Rickey to Pioli. Any non-Millen GM does.

Can't say it, can you Hamas? Ok, I'll help. Repeat after me: Overall, Dorsey has done a good job....especially when you consider the putrid culture that he had to remove/replace courtesy of Mr Scooter.

There now, that didn't hurt, did it?!?!?!?!

stevieray 03-09-2015 05:38 PM

Dorsey can't call Brady "Tommy"

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-09-2015 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 11371659)
Can't say it, can you Hamas? Ok, I'll help. Repeat after me: Overall, Dorsey has done a good job....especially when you consider the putrid culture that he had to remove/replace courtesy of Mr Scooter.

His #1 overall pick is wandering towards Brian Jozwiak territory, Dee Ford had a shit first year, and he gave up two second rounders and 17 million/year for Alex Smith who is asked to "not lose" games.

I believe his entire 2013/4 FA class has already been cut or is no longer on the team and he was unable to secure extensions with the two young, cost-controlled players whose salaries were up in this offseason, one of whom was signed by a division rival.

You'll find no bigger fan of Jeremy Maclin than me. If the search function on here worked you could find posts of me advocating for the Chiefs drafting him at #3 overall in 2009, but I remain unconvinced that Alex Smith can make use of his talent.

I'm also seriously concerned about the continued decline of the offensive line, and I think that people are foolishly conflating our pass ranking with great secondary play when most of it, I believe, was due to the pressure exerted on the QB by Hali, Poe, and Houston.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-09-2015 05:44 PM

The Chiefs under Dorsey have gotten much better than the 2-14 season that got us the #1 overall pick in the first ever draft that had no franchise QB available.

Coaching staff is night and day better.

Dorsey is thinking about developing a roster and managing the salary cap 24 hours a day. Who are we to pretend we know more than he does ????

He has a plan for Houston and I guarantee you he will be playing in a chiefs uniform from game one . If he's not then we will be handsomely compensated.

If Houston DOES elect to sit 9 games we will see Dee Ford make him realize everybody can be replaced. Houston won't sniff 22 sacks again in his career .

Do you think Houston would have had 22 sacks if he wasn't playing for a contract anyway ?

Hudson is replaceable.

I think Dorsey is going to have this team built for the long run just like the Packers. It takes more than 2-3 years . It really takes 5-6.

So far I'm all in.

OnTheWarpath15 03-09-2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11371682)
His #1 overall pick is wandering towards Brian Jozwiak territory, Dee Ford had a shit first year, and he gave up two second rounders and 17 million/year for Alex Smith who is asked to "not lose" games.

I believe his entire 2013/4 FA class has already been cut or is no longer on the team and he was unable to secure extensions with the two young, cost-controlled players whose salaries were up in this offseason, one of whom was signed by a division rival.

You'll find no bigger fan of Jeremy Maclin than me. If the search function on here worked you could find posts of me advocating for the Chiefs drafting him at #3 overall in 2009, but I remain unconvinced that Alex Smith can make use of his talent.

I'm also seriously concerned about the continued decline of the offensive line, and I think that people are foolishly conflating our pass ranking with great secondary play when most of it, I believe, was due to the pressure exerted on the QB by Hali, Poe, and Houston.

Spot on, Hamas. Every last word.

Brock 03-09-2015 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 11371659)

I don't see much happening that I wouldn't credit to Reid more than Dorsey. I don't dislike the guy, but so far he hasn't made much of an impression either way.