ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How Would You Stop the Broncos Outside Zone? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291141)

Snapplez 03-08-2015 05:57 PM

Given the Chiefs personnel I would say 3-3-5. Line up in a 3-4 formation, but have Abdullah in the box in place of Mauga.

Sully 03-08-2015 06:14 PM

I hate this to the core of my being, but I've been convinced...

Assuming a few things;
1) The counter to that play (other than counter) is a boot or drop back, and throw a drag or deep post.
2) Film shows the center flies across that quickly
3) Manning is the QB.

I have my DL allow the overtake and play from underneath. I hope this screws up the OL paths, as well as stopping counter and boot. This is the part I hate...

I play C 3, mostly. I'm giving up seams, but I need the extra safety to play low.

I assume that it will mostly be run to the FB or HBack side, and call my run strength to that, hoping to put my most disruptive ILB to that side, and have my box safety to the back side.

I pray that I have at least 2 players on the front 7 who are better than the guy across from them

Bowser 03-08-2015 06:25 PM

Play single high 8 in the box with your corners up in press. Have the short zone defenders attack the instant one of the guards pulls (or the HB cuts) and pray it's not a perfectly set up play action down the seams pass.

listopencil 03-08-2015 07:32 PM

As you are watching those gifs you should look at the QB. Pay attention to how much ground he is covering, and how much time he takes to get to his spot. If you're honest you will reconsider whether Manning can run Kubiak's Offense assuming you had major doubts until this point.

Sully 03-08-2015 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 11369118)
As you are watching those gifs you should look at the QB. Pay attention to how much ground he is covering, and how much time he takes to get to his spot. If you're honest you will reconsider whether Manning can run Kubiak's Offense assuming you had major doubts until this point.

I know it's been a few years, and age and whatnot, but Manning's Colts ran outside zone a tin, and he was great at it.

Sorter 03-08-2015 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 11369375)
I know it's been a few years, and age and whatnot, but Manning's Colts ran outside zone a tin, and he was great at it.

^^^This.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Q1uHL4yiCY...0/morenotd.gif

Additionally, if Kubiak is really concerned they can: A)Continue to run primarily out of the gun or B)Run more out of the pistol to shorten the distance. I don't think they'll necessarily have to do that though.

Just Passin' By 03-08-2015 10:44 PM

What point in the game is it?
What's the score?
How successful has Denver been running it up the middle to this point?

(Reason for asking is the possibility of shifting Poe)

Also, how's Manning's arm?

Sorter 03-08-2015 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 11369870)
What point in the game is it?
What's the score?
How successful has Denver been running it up the middle to this point?

(Reason for asking is the possibility of shifting Poe)

Also, how's Manning's arm?

First play of the game and Manning's arm is the same as it was as the beginning of last year for this scenario.

booger 03-09-2015 02:50 AM

Lazer Skunk! Got to throw Eric Berry some love.

Tempting to run under wasp sting if DJ is back in form. Hit them for a loss potentially. Could bite ya in the ass though

booger 03-09-2015 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 11368628)
Will there be funneled kill-zones?

Only if Sutton goes to 52 bearcat Mike! Like the Duracell commericial with Patrick Willis LMAO
abort abort abort he's keeping it Patrick!

Aspengc8 03-09-2015 05:51 AM

Good ol' Dicky's fire zone.. especially if DJ is back, since he has a knack for shooting gaps.

http://strongfootballcoach.com/wp-co...zone-blitz.jpg

Mother****erJones 03-09-2015 06:22 AM

With Revis, I'm ****ing blitzing.

Honestly, I don't know much about scheme so I won't pretend to dick measure. 3-4 base, blitz with the safety. I definitely want to learn more about this though it's very interesting

Sorter 03-09-2015 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 11370047)
Lazer Skunk! Got to throw Eric Berry some love.

Tempting to run under wasp sting if DJ is back in form. Hit them for a loss potentially. Could bite ya in the ass though

I love this post.

RunKC 03-09-2015 09:08 AM

Sorter, how do you feel about Eric Kendricks?

Additionally, are there any other LB's you think could help defend this formation?

Sorter 03-09-2015 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11370330)
Sorter, how do you feel about Eric Kendricks?

Additionally, are there any other LB's you think could help defend this formation?

If he's anything like his brother, I'd love to have him.