ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Nightfyre Off-season Number 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290959)

OldSchool 02-28-2015 11:45 PM

Positives: I really like the work you did with the cap.

Negatives: Huh? Why would you extend Hudson and then go and sign solid but lesser starting Center in FA?

Erving is going to be a Center in this league, his arms are incredibly short for an OL player, less than 33" in length. He also isn't very strong, nor is he athletic. Terrible 1st round pick, IMO. If you put him out at RT, he is going to make Eric Fisher look like an All-Pro.

No way in hell Justin Hardy slips to the 5th round. He's too good of a football player to fall that far because of average athleticism. Think what happened with Landry last year, Hardy might last into the 3rd but that's as far as I see him falling.

I don't like Brett Hundley at all as a potential starting QB, he's going to be another Pryor at best, but even I don't think that he's going to fall as far as the 7th round comp selection. Are you serious there? The guy is being discussed by some analysts as one of the top 5 QBs in this draft, he is not going to fall completely into the back end of day 3.

Saccopoo 03-01-2015 12:38 AM

Hundley has some pretty good tools to work with. He needs some good coaching, but the guy is a gamer and has "winner" about him.

I like him better as a pro than in college in the right system.

And he's a different QB than Pryor (who is actually a pretty damn good football player who also needs to get into a good system, which he now is a part of).

jd1020 03-01-2015 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11353828)
And he's a different QB than Pryor (who is actually a pretty damn good football player who also needs to get into a good system, which he now is a part of).

Much better system than the Seahawks that he couldnt make the 53 man roster with.

Nightfyre 03-01-2015 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 11353775)
Positives: I really like the work you did with the cap.

Negatives: Huh? Why would you extend Hudson and then go and sign solid but lesser starting Center in FA?

Erving is going to be a Center in this league, his arms are incredibly short for an OL player, less than 33" in length. He also isn't very strong, nor is he athletic. Terrible 1st round pick, IMO. If you put him out at RT, he is going to make Eric Fisher look like an All-Pro.

No way in hell Justin Hardy slips to the 5th round. He's too good of a football player to fall that far because of average athleticism. Think what happened with Landry last year, Hardy might last into the 3rd but that's as far as I see him falling.

I don't like Brett Hundley at all as a potential starting QB, he's going to be another Pryor at best, but even I don't think that he's going to fall as far as the 7th round comp selection. Are you serious there? The guy is being discussed by some analysts as one of the top 5 QBs in this draft, he is not going to fall completely into the back end of day 3.

I signed Wisniewski because he was a way better guard than he was a center. Additionally, he is an additional smart offensive lineman to bring veteran leadership to a really young group.

Cameron Erving's arms came in at 34-1/8 at the combine and he posted top marks for O-Line in every combine drill. I am not sure why you think he is unathletic or not suited to the outside. Especially given that he played left tackle for the strongest offensive line in college football and beasted some tough competition. So, I guess what I am saying is that I disagree with your assessment of Cameron Erving.

Hardy may not slip to round 5, you're right. Everything I read had him as a round 2-4 type guy before he fell flat at the combine, so I considered it within the realm of possibility that he would be there.

I don't have Hundley in the top 5 QBs, but who knows where they will go. I had a pretty firm priority UDFA grade on Hundley and I would hope the Chiefs wouldn't take him much higher than round 7.

OldSchool 03-01-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 11354226)
I signed Wisniewski because he was a way better guard than he was a center. Additionally, he is an additional smart offensive lineman to bring veteran leadership to a really young group.

Cameron Erving's arms came in at 34-1/8 at the combine and he posted top marks for O-Line in every combine drill. I am not sure why you think he is unathletic or not suited to the outside. Especially given that he played left tackle for the strongest offensive line in college football and beasted some tough competition. So, I guess what I am saying is that I disagree with your assessment of Cameron Erving.

Hardy may not slip to round 5, you're right. Everything I read had him as a round 2-4 type guy before he fell flat at the combine, so I considered it within the realm of possibility that he would be there.

I don't have Hundley in the top 5 QBs, but who knows where they will go. I had a pretty firm priority UDFA grade on Hundley and I would hope the Chiefs wouldn't take him much higher than round 7.

My bad on Erving, for some reason I got him mixed up with someone else.

Watched him against Vic Beasley when they played Clemson. Beasley worked him over pretty badly.

Saccopoo 03-01-2015 02:57 PM

Erving was a better left tackle than he was a center. First team All-American his junior year at LT. He was the best lineman that Florida State had and they needed a center in the worst way this year. Pretty unselfish of him to make that move inside in a year that he stood to make a lot of money.

DTLB58 03-01-2015 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11352753)
The Eagles have $27M in cap space and no one else to use it on. They could potentially not use it like last year but when the difference is only about $3M more than what the player is looking at in terms of a contract, not sure what makes it such a terrible idea, especially when you can easily cover the cost. Just look at how much Larry Fitzgerald just got and compare his last few years vs Maclin.

The Eagles tagged Vick to stay out of FA before signing him to a big contract. They also did the same with DeSean Jackson. I'm betting they do the same with Maclin.

Agreed. To lose Jackson and Maclin in back to back years wouldn't be good and that would lay directly at the feet of Chip.

I can't imagine he said after each season, the best thing for our team is to get rid of our best WR?

jd1020 03-09-2015 10:27 AM

Welp... I completely underestimated the power of ignorance that resides in Chip Kelly's brain.