ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   **** OFFICIAL WalterFootball.com Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289960)

kccrow 01-22-2015 07:44 PM

I really don't think any of Amari Cooper, Kevin White, or DeVante Parker are going to be around when KC selects. If that's the case, I'd rather KC went OLine than WR in round 1. No way would I advocate taking an ILB in round 1... not this class

RealSNR 01-22-2015 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 11286877)
I really don't think any of Amari Cooper, Kevin White, or DeVante Parker are going to be around when KC selects. If that's the case, I'd rather KC went OLine than WR in round 1. No way would I advocate taking an ILB in round 1... not this class

Which is why I think we need to trade up, so we can grab one of those three guys.

kccrow 01-23-2015 05:57 PM

I don't think I'd trade up very high for any of these guys. I guess its not the players as much as I don't believe in trading up very often for positions that have a high bust rate.

Believe it or not, I'm still a little concerned about Amari Cooper. He doesn't look as fast nor as quick as his stats would seem to make him out to be. The better defenses made him very average, especially in terms of yards per catch.

I like Kevin White the best. He looks like he has really good quickness out of his cuts. He looks more athletic (quicker and faster) than Cooper and quicker than Parker. I think that is very important in Reid's offense. I'm anxious to see the 3-cone at the combine to see if my eyes aren't deceiving me.

O.city 01-23-2015 06:15 PM

I think Kevin white ends up being the best wr from this class.

He's awesome

KCChiefsfan1234 01-24-2015 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 11286006)
The Chiefs simply have to get an elite receiver in the draft and pick up somebody who's a B+ or better in FA. We can't skip receiver in the first unless there is just a great OL sitting there.

100+

BigCatDaddy 01-24-2015 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11272142)
Here's his 4th rounder.

115. Shane Carden, QB, East Carolina
The Chiefs have to think about developing a young quarterback. Alex Smith failing to throw a single touchdown to his receivers was not a fluke.

Walter obviously gets it. Anybody know anything about Carden?

Saccopoo 01-24-2015 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 11289808)
Walter obviously gets it. Anybody know anything about Carden?

Everybody gets it.

Dorsey and Reid get it. That's why they've picked up rookie QB's in consecutive years, their first two years, after trading for Smith and signing Daniel.

You keep drafting guys at the position hoping someone gets it, that you get your Brady (6th), Montana (3rd), Unitas (9th). You don't burn a high rounder on the position just yet, but you keep at it nonetheless.

With all the picks that they have this year, I certainly hope that they draft a QB. Mannion, Grayson, Bridge, Petty or the like.

BigCatDaddy 01-24-2015 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11290020)
Everybody gets it.

Dorsey and Reid get it. That's why they've picked up rookie QB's in consecutive years, their first two years, after trading for Smith and signing Daniel.

You keep drafting guys at the position hoping someone gets it, that you get your Brady (6th), Montana (3rd), Unitas (9th). You don't burn a high rounder on the position just yet, but you keep at it nonetheless.

With all the picks that they have this year, I certainly hope that they draft a QB. Mannion, Grayson, Bridge, Petty or the like.

Sadly, not everyone gets it.

However, from what I've read I like Grayson. Know anything about Carden? Looks like great numbers, but I didn't watch a snap of his. Sounds like at worst he's an Alex Smith type QB on a cheap contract.

Saccopoo 01-24-2015 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 11290162)
Sadly, not everyone gets it.

However, from what I've read I like Grayson. Know anything about Carden? Looks like great numbers, but I didn't watch a snap of his. Sounds like at worst he's an Alex Smith type QB on a cheap contract.

I haven't seen anything of Carden. Reaper follows the small(er) college game though. Perhaps he has something on him.

kccrow 01-24-2015 06:40 PM

I'll give you a good synopsis on Carden...

Brett Favre's body and attitude with Chad Pennington's arm. :)

the Talking Can 01-28-2015 08:48 AM

1/28/15

18. Kansas City Chiefs: Landon Collins, S, Alabama
The Chiefs will need to think about bringing in a new safety, as Eric Berry may not be able to play football ever again, unfortunately. They can replace Berry with another SEC safety, as Landon Collins is one of the top prospects still available.

Pick change; previously Eric Kendricks, ILB

49. Kansas City Chiefs: Jeremiah Putasi, OT, Utah
The Chiefs had pass protection issues this past season - only six teams surrendered more sacks - and I doubt Andy Reid will pass on an offensive lineman in the first couple of rounds.

80. Kansas City Chiefs: Laken Tomlinson, G, Duke
Andy Reid won't stand by idly while his offensive line struggles. He's going to make sure he shores up Alex Smith's protection.

115. Kansas City Chiefs: Shane Carden, QB, East Carolina
The Chiefs have to think about developing a young quarterback. Alex Smith failing to throw a single touchdown to his receivers was not a fluke.

eh...within a few picks of Putasi is Greene and Agholor, within a few picks of Tomlinson is Dorsett and Hardy

really can't imagine not getting a wr in the first 4 picks

Direckshun 01-28-2015 09:50 AM

If that is our draft, I will jump off a building.

Right after I kill TTC.

The Franchise 01-28-2015 10:13 AM

I'd rather see this.

1. La'el Collins, OT/G, LSU
2. Rashad Greene, WR, Florida State
3. Philip Dorsett, WR, Miami
4. Ladarius Gunter, CB, Miami

O.city 01-28-2015 10:56 AM

Walters draft looks like one we would all gag over initially, then 2 years later looks back on and be like "yeah, good solid draft".

Or more likely it would suck then too.

Direckshun 01-28-2015 11:13 AM

I would then kill O.city.

With a spork to the heart.