ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Pick The 8 Players KC Will Cut This Offseason (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289703)

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11244233)
The Chiefs are not cutting Fasano or Walker. Look at their cap number.

Both these guys have more dead money than cap savings so cutting them both does nothing but lose money. You're paying to get rid of them

Cutting them in 2016 however gives you back $2.77 million for Fasano and $2.52 million for Walker.

Fasano is worthless. He has a $4.25 cap number and if he's cut, they'll save $2 million.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11244238)
One valid reason? How about he's not that good and there's no logical reason to believe that he brings more to the team than someone like Murray, Bray, or any rookie QB the Chiefs might draft/sign.

Right. He's no better than Bray.

LMAO

Good grief.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11244231)
I don't think he will be, but that would be the only scenario I could see playing out where he is cut.

Or if Winston were to drop and they were on love with him and drafted him.

The Chiefs will not draft Winston. Not a chance.

jd1020 01-04-2015 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11244242)
Right. He's no better than Bray.

LMAO

Good grief.

He sure lit shit up against SD.

Not sure how anyone could be asked to throw for 157 yards and no TDs. That's like a ****ing mountain to climb!

This guy has 2 ****ing starts in his career and people defend him like he's an ace in the hole.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11244247)
He sure lit shit up against SD.

Not sure how anyone could be asked to throw for 157 yards and no TDs. That's like a ****ing mountain to climb!

On two days practice.

Bray would have fumbled, thrown multiple interceptions and walked off the field each time with his mouth wide open, looking like a deer in the headlights. Just like preseason.

The Chiefs aren't cutting Daniel.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11244247)
This guy has 2 ****ing starts in his career and people defend him like he's an ace in the hole.

Defend him? No. Best backup on the roster? Yes.

Do you even watch NFL games? How many QB's are knocked out for significant time or lost for the season? Do you honestly believe that Clark Hunt, Andy Reid and John Dorsey would be so foolish to rely on an undrafted free agent that hasn't proven anything when he's played, to be their backup?

O.city 01-04-2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11244246)
The Chiefs will not draft Winston. Not a chance.

There was smoke they wanted Johnny football, but that was pretty Alex smith contract.

I dunno about jameis off field stuff

jd1020 01-04-2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11244252)
On two days practice.

Bray would have fumbled, thrown multiple interceptions and walked off the field each time with his mouth wide open, looking like a deer in the headlights. Just like preseason.

The Chiefs aren't cutting Daniel.

Bray is a 3rd string QB at this point.

Daniel's gone, Murray/Draftee/signee #2, and Bray #3 or cut with Daniel.

The "drop-off" from a QB depth chart of that vs having Daniel at #2 is probably a net gain. **** Daniel and anyone arguing he brings something to the table.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11244263)
Bray is a 3rd string QB at this point.

Daniel's gone, Murray/Draftee/signee #2, and Bray #3 or cut with Daniel.

The "drop-off" from a QB depth chart of that vs having Daniel at #2 is probably a net gain. **** Daniel and anyone arguing he brings something to the table.

Bray is NOT a third stringer. He's not on the active roster. They're giving him one more year to prove he deserves to be on an NFL roster this summer. I'll be shocked if he makes it.

You're just another irrational Daniel hater, probably because he attended Missouri.

RunKC 01-04-2015 08:28 PM

It's going to cost us $300k in the hole to get rid of Fasano and $25k to get rid of Walker.

We struggled to stay healthy to run the 3 TE set. He's staying. Plus the QB likes him. Add to that position to cut him in 2016.
Walker is valuable bc of injuries. We weren't that deep and could use one more DL as depth even with him. $3.75 million isn't that bad.

Cut Avery, Tamba and Mays. Tell DeVito and Bowe to restructure. Get $4 million from Berry's contract on the NFL non injured injury list.

jd1020 01-04-2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11244261)
Defend him? No. Best backup on the roster? Yes.

Do you even watch NFL games? How many QB's are knocked out for significant time or lost for the season? Do you honestly believe that Clark Hunt, Andy Reid and John Dorsey would be so foolish to rely on an undrafted free agent that hasn't proven anything when he's played, to be their backup?

I wish I knew how someone could definitively say a guy with 2 games of experience is the best backup on the team when the QB is literally asked to barely exist in KC.

jd1020 01-04-2015 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11244272)
Bray is NOT a third stringer. He's not on the active roster. They're giving him one more year to prove he deserves to be on an NFL roster this summer. I'll be shocked if he makes it.

You're just another irrational Daniel hater, probably because he attended Missouri.

Nah. I'm a Daniel hater because he's not ****ing good. Plain and simple. I don't give 2 shits where someone went to school 6 years ago.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11244262)
There was smoke they wanted Johnny football, but that was pretty Alex smith contract.

I dunno about jameis off field stuff

I never heard a thing from anyone about the Chiefs and Manziel. I find it hard to believe, since he doesn't fit Reid or Dorsey's vision of a tall, smart WCO QB.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11244280)
Nah. I'm a Daniel hater because he's not ****ing good. Plain and simple.

That's why the Chiefs lost last week.

jd1020 01-04-2015 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11244286)
That's why the Chiefs lost last week.

Tell me all about the pivotal role Daniel played in that win.