ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports I tore my ACL. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288877)

SAUTO 12-03-2014 08:10 AM

i tore mine years ago and have never done anything about it.

Simply Red 12-03-2014 08:14 AM

Why I gave up running and tennis for light weight training.

BucEyedPea 12-03-2014 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11163608)
The physician himself said it was highly unusual.

I'm basically Wolverine, right?

It happened to my cousin. Only a few years later he had to have surgery as he didn't heal right. You lucked out.

BucEyedPea 12-03-2014 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11163691)
Why I gave up running and tennis for light weight training.

I use a Health Rider. Very low impact, targets more than one muscle group at a time.

Ming the Merciless 12-03-2014 08:15 AM

Anal cavity lips?

Nirvana58 12-03-2014 08:28 AM

Honestly the doctor has no idea how bad you tore your ACL until they do an MRI. When I originally tore my ACL the first doctor told me that I was fine but when I continued to have problems I went to another one and they finally ordered an MRI. He probably did stability testing on both your knees and found one was weaker than the other. If your not doing many cuts in your physical activity than you can function very well without an ACL. The surgery and rehab is extremely painful. Way way worse than the injury. Usually you will here a pop in your knee and it swells up right away. I was able to put weight on it a little while after and limp walk. Ended up I blew my ACL and tore up my meniscus. Basically ended my sports career. I recovered but was never the same player physically that I use to be. However, surgery and rehab is leaps and bounds better than it was 10-20 years ago.

Lex Luthor 12-03-2014 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 11163634)
If you could walk on it two weeks after, it's a small or partial tear. Your not putting weight on it if its torn completely; there's basically no stability in your knee. Once the inflammation passed he was ok. I completely tore my ACL, partial MCL and some damage to medial meniscus and had to be helped off. I tried to put weight on it.. no way.

No point in getting surgery to fix a partial tear. Even if your semi-competitive in sports, might as well wait for it to tear complete. It wont unless there is a traumatic event to the area.

You are incorrect, sir, although I understand why you think that.

I completely tore my ACL and my PCL. I had to be carried off the softball field, and it hurt like a mother****er. A few days later I could walk on it, but my knee was very unstable. I couldn't jog or run on it. It would occasionally bend the wrong way when I was just walking on it, and when that happened it would hurt like hell and swell up for about 4 days.

Based upon his description, I agree that Direckshun's ACL is probably partially torn. But I am living proof that you can walk on a completely torn ACL. I just learned to walk carefully and never make a sharp turn while walking. (By the way, it sucks to have to live like that.)

Before my surgery, my doctor thought my ACL was partially torn for the reasons you stated. He had to open up my knee to figure out it was completely torn, and the 90 minute surgery turned into a 4 1/2 hour surgery. My doctor knows a little about ACLs, as he was the team physician for the Chiefs for a couple of decades (Dr. Jon Browne). He had done thousands of ACLs before he did mine.

KC native 12-03-2014 08:45 AM

Dejuan Blair says you're a pussy and your mom is a whore.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...o_problem.html

DMAC 12-03-2014 09:06 AM

My heart sunk when I read the thread title on the front page.

Dunerdr 12-03-2014 09:08 AM

I've got a friend that had a similar incident. It had already been repaired surgically once. The second time he said **** it. He's been rocking and rolling for 6-7 years now.

J Diddy 12-03-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11163608)
The physician himself said it was highly unusual.

I'm basically Wolverine, right?

Everything depends largely on whether or not you have lost your burst.

LoneWolf 12-03-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11163650)
America! Where religion is a right, and health care is a privilege!

And this comment has what to do with this discussion? You've turned into a real douche lately.

Jim Lahey 12-03-2014 09:43 AM

I had a friend who did a similar thing. Lived with it for about 3 years. He complained of a little pain whenever we played basketball. He got drunk and played haki sack one night and ended up injuring it even worse.

Lex Luthor 12-03-2014 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 11163778)
And this comment has what to do with this discussion? You've turned into a real douche lately.

I've noticed that too.

Dayze 12-03-2014 09:53 AM

are you going to be ready for the playoffs?