ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto My Catalytic Converter was Stolen... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288402)

Earthling 11-16-2014 05:44 AM

I had a swamp cooler that I got out of an old shed that had been home to various rodents. Everything worked on it so I cleaned the hell out of it but could never get rid of mouse droppings odor when you turned it on. I sat it outside by the shed and it was stolen a few days later. It made me chuckle to think about the thief getting that smell blasted through-out their house. About a week later I came home and discovered the thief had returned it and it was back by the shed again.

booger 11-16-2014 05:47 AM

:LOL:

Bwana 11-16-2014 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 11113656)
I have a pickup they can steal too. No questions ask.

Heh yeah, mine "fell off" my 3/4 super duty years ago.

Hamwallet 11-16-2014 07:25 AM

Lenexa businesses have been having a problem with this for the last year or so. My company has had probably a dozen cars hit like this in the middle of the day.

Baby Lee 11-16-2014 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamwallet (Post 11113715)
Lenexa businesses have been having a problem with this for the last year or so. My company has had probably a dozen cars hit like this in the middle of the day.

Yeah, my sis got hers taken off Metcalf a year or so ago.

Katipan 11-16-2014 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 11113679)
Indeed. Probably not as bad and as sudden as catching a ****er under my car trying to steal a catalytic converter.

I would have to remote start the car...

shitgoose 11-16-2014 07:35 AM

Had mine stolen from my jeep a couple years ago. Found a worn down Sawzall blade under the jeep. About 30 vehicles in the same area had them stolen. I guess you can get $50~ for each one scrap.

$1500 buys alot of dope

Buehler445 11-16-2014 07:47 AM

It depends on what all they tore up getting it out.

Those Luminas were pretty tough to work on, in the engine compartment anyway. Jasonsauto would be the one to ask. I just know I'd be ****ing pissed.

SAUTO 11-16-2014 08:26 AM

Damn assholes.

On that car I would just have a shop install a universal converter instead of the oe model.

It will save you a ton of money and it's not like it's a jewel anyway. I don't do them, one thing i just don't do is weld exhaust, but a good shop here in town does them for me for a hundred bucks.

Baby Lee 11-16-2014 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11113751)
Damn assholes.

On that car I would just have a shop install a universal converter instead of the oe model.

It will save you a ton of money and it's not like it's a jewel anyway. I don't do them, one thing i just don't do is weld exhaust, but a good shop here in town does them for me for a hundred bucks.

Ironically.

Kman34 11-16-2014 08:37 AM

My daughter wrecked her car recently and I sawed the converter out of it for before I had it taken away. Went to two local recyclers and couldn't sell it cause they needed a title with it from the car it came from. I sent the title with the car when I sold it to the junk yard.
I guess my point is some recyclers are helping the police with trying to stop this crime.

SAUTO 11-16-2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11113757)
Ironically.

What's ironic?

Well maybe it is the last surviving jewel 97 lumina...

Edit: I got it you racist.

Baby Lee 11-16-2014 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11113769)
What's ironic?

Well maybe it is the last surviving jewel 97 lumina...

Edit: I got it you racist.

Now I don't get it.

I was referring to it not being attractive, but being stuffed with precious metals, as opposed to stuffed with precious minerals which are attractive.

ie, it isn't a jewel, but it's the closest thing to jewelry on most cars.

notorious 11-16-2014 09:09 AM

Thieves are some of the most vile pieces of shit on this planet.

When I lived in Tulsa I had my apartment broken into and my pickup broken into within the first 3 months.

4 years later they stole my entire pickup. What I wouldn't give to catch someone trying to steal from me..........

Buehler445 11-16-2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11113795)
Thieves are some of the most vile pieces of shit on this planet.

When I lived in Tulsa I had my apartment broken into and my pickup broken into within the first 3 months.

4 years later they stole my entire pickup. What I wouldn't give to catch someone trying to steal from me..........

Meth monkeys were out and about stealing junk ass batteries off irrigation wells. For what? A $15 core?

Meanwhile, I cant pump water because they need $15 of meth. **** them.