ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the Seahawks. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288252)

ToxSocks 11-10-2014 10:56 AM

I was far more worried about this game a few weeks ago.

Hali and Houston are going to have to tame themselves and prepare for the read option, which obviously hampers our pass rush. IIRC, Hali has been pretty good at defending the read option the few times it was run against us in the past.

Lynch is obviously worrisome. Not sure how we're gonna tackle that guy.

Chiefs are gonna have to play keep away again.

And im honestly not all that worried about the Bowe/Sherman matchup.

O.city 11-10-2014 10:59 AM

Previously bowe was eaten up by good corners. Look at his games this year against good corners.

He's absolutely playing at a high level this year and I don't think they need to let him walk this year.

Big Poppa Payne 11-10-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 11100806)
The only thing you need to know about the Seahawks is that they are going to kick our ass

I feel like if we score more points than them we will win :p

Easy 6 11-10-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11100832)
And im honestly not all that worried about the Bowe/Sherman matchup.

Why not?

Bowe cant outrun him and he cant outphysical him... Sherman seems like the perfect corner for a guy like Bowe IMO.

Mav 11-10-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11100843)
Why not?

Bowe cant outrun him and he cant outphysical him... Sherman seems like the perfect corner for a guy like Bowe IMO.

they move bowe around a lot, and Sherman doesn't move.

Easy 6 11-10-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11100846)

Thats definitely our best bet.

OldSchool 11-10-2014 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11100843)
Why not?

Agreed, Sherman is going to be on Bowe all day long. I have a feeling that this is the game where Kelce and DAT really break out.

The only concern with Kelce is that Seattle has some of the best coverage LBs in the league and if Chancellor is playing, can Kelce take the hits or can Smith help him avoid taking them?

Mebane may be out of this one, he injured his hammy last week, so I fully expect Reid to run it down their throats as they will be missing their best run stuffer up front.

OldSchool 11-10-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

You haven't seen the Seahawks enough this year then. Sherman has been following the true #1 receivers for much of the year. Go catch the Dallas game, he was matched up against Bryant pretty much all game no matter where Bryant lined up.

I fully expect Sherman to follow Bowe around or be matched up against Kelce on some occasions as they are our only real threats in the passing game.

Fritz88 11-10-2014 11:06 AM

We suck against the run.
Posted via Mobile Device

Direckshun 11-10-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Ahhhhhhhh. I forgot that!

And he struggles with speedsters.

Hell, just put Hemingway out there. Sherman can help us by eliminating him from Smith's reads. LMAO

mikey23545 11-10-2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 11100808)
Also, the Seahawks have had a hard time getting pressure on the QB this year, at least compared to last year. They also aren't very good against the run, especially on the road. The thing I worry about most is stopping Wilson's runs. He tore the Giants up yesterday.

Seahawks are 30th in the NFL in sacks.

Marcellus 11-10-2014 11:11 AM

Seahawks are at the bottom of the league in QB pressures and sacks. They aren't getting to the QB which bodes well for our keep away game.

Smith may have his best game of the season next week.

BlackOp 11-10-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 11100872)
Seahawks are at the bottom of the league in QB pressures and sacks. They aren't getting to the QB which bodes well for our keep away game.

KC just faced the best defensive front I've seen in a long time....on the road. Arrowhead will be loud this game...Lynch will be the man to stop. If Smith has another second to drop back..KC will dink them.

jonzie04 11-10-2014 11:17 AM

They have been "exposed " this year. The legion of boom isnt so scary without the beastly pass rush they had last year. Im feeling good about this match up much like the pats game I think this team is going to bring its absolute best at home and so will the crowd.

It is going to be a bitch stopping lynch though. Fugg it id play 8 in the box until russel proves he can beat us through the air, which he certainly cannot do, so long as we get interior pressure.

jonzie04 11-10-2014 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 11100872)

They get pretty good pressure from the outside in the few games i watched. But they arent getting any interior pressure at all.