ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals It was a hell of a run (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287929)

TribalElder 10-29-2014 09:45 PM

Too bad the trophy is leaving town

Nobody remembers the 1980 team LMAO

I really wanted to see this city get a world championship

Three7s 10-29-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11070213)
Best baseball I've ever seen.

But this still hurts quite a bit to be that close. Man. Gonna be tough to just let it go.

If we pick up where we left off next year, this will be seen as the starting point. I think we could be even better.

Al Bundy 10-29-2014 09:47 PM

We haven't seen the last of this team.

Buehler445 10-29-2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 11070214)
Too bad the trophy is leaving town

Nobody remembers the 1980 team LMAO

I really wanted to see this city get a world championship

It's been 29 years. Especially if it starts aomething people will remember 2104. If they're any fan at all.

ChiTown 10-29-2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

But this still hurts quite a bit to be that close. Man. Gonna be tough to just let it go.

I'm gonna miss the GDT's

Some of the Best times I've had this Summer. Thanks to all of the regulars who were part of this glorious season

TribalElder 10-29-2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11070223)
It's been 29 years. Especially if it starts aomething people will remember 2104. If they're any fan at all.

True, fairy tale endings only happen in the movies

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-29-2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 11070199)
The crappy part is there was a way that the Royals could have kept it tied, but what's done is done. The Royals had one guy to beat and couldn't get it done. Hat's off to Bumgarner. He's an above average regular season pitcher, but he's the best in the history of the game in the post-season. It's no surprise how the Giants have achieved this dynasty with him.

The Royals need to approach this off-season by looking towards getting another starter. Doesn't even need to be ace caliber with Ventura. Just need another guy with the ability to keep the Royals in the game. Also need a corner outfielder. Get those two things, keep our bullpen in tact, and I like our chances next year.

I will say this: I hope the last two nights illustrates to those who constantly clamor for the bunt why it is such a poor tactical decision.

Bumgarner was all over the place to Infante and went 2-0 to Escobar. Giving up an out with a hot hitter like Escobar in that situation is just malpractice. He was one of the Royals' best hitters.

Once Bumgarner got the easy out at first he settled down and basically slammed the door from there.

Yost has a team full of speed demons and he managed that inning afraid of the double play. You're still going to need a hit to drive the run in even if you get a bunt, so why give the out up right away, especially when Escobar was going to see a fastball on 2-0 (which he did)?

That was foolish, cowardly managing, and it cost the Royals their best chance to tie the game or take the lead.

Al Czervik 10-29-2014 09:50 PM

Great run for KC....
Very proud of the team and look forward to next year!!!

Three7s 10-29-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11070228)
I will say this: I hope the last two nights illustrates to those who constantly clamor for the bunt why it is such a poor tactical decision.

Bumgarner was all over the place to Infante and went 2-0 to Escobar. Giving up an out with a hot hitter like Escobar in that situation is just malpractice. He was one of the Royals' best hitters.

Once Bumgarner got the easy out at first he settled down and basically slammed the door from there.

Yost has a team full of speed demons and he managed that inning afraid of the double play. You're still going to need a hit to drive the run in even if you get a bunt, so why give the out up right away, especially when Escobar was going to see a fastball on 2-0 (which he did)?

That was foolish, cowardly managing, and it cost the Royals their best chance to tie the game or take the lead.

Agreed

Yost made two mistakes tonight. Not taking out Guthrie to start the 4th and bunting in that situation. If you're looking for another reason, it was Panik's play on that ball up the middle hit by Cain. If we get 1st and 3rd with no one out there, the Royals are in complete control, regardless of Bumgarner coming in soon.

Just sucks.

Buehler445 10-29-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11070228)

Agreed. If you have to point to a play its that one IMO.

TimeForWasp 10-29-2014 09:53 PM

you baseball people on this site have been throwing nothing but insults at Yost.

from what I have seen, you are lucky to have him here.

lcarus 10-29-2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Sure it hurts but sometimes you gotta get that close before you can get over the hump. Spring training will be here before you know it, and in the meantime we have a football team that's in the thick of things. It is not a bad thing to be a KC sports fan this in 2014.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-29-2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsNow (Post 11070242)
you baseball people on this site have been throwing nothing but insults at Yost.

from what I have seen, you are lucky to have him here.

Ned Yost is a ****ing moron. Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl, for Chrissakes. Joe Torre won four World Series, and he was abysmal everywhere he didn't have the Core Four + another $150 million.

Yost decapitated the Royals in the Wild Card game, but they were resilient enough to sew their heads back on. He routinely constructed illogical batting orders and mismanaged a lot of tactical decisions, but the players were running so hot it didn't matter.

The Royals overcame Yost and they were almost good enough to overcome Yost and Bumgarner in his hottest of hot streaks. That's pretty impressive.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-29-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 11070237)
Agreed

Yost made two mistakes tonight. Not taking out Guthrie to start the 4th and bunting in that situation. If you're looking for another reason, it was Panik's play on that ball up the middle hit by Cain. If we get 1st and 3rd with no one out there, the Royals are in complete control, regardless of Bumgarner coming in soon.

Just sucks.

You can't control great plays by the other team. You can control managerial incompetence, because they are common sense decisions.

O.city 10-29-2014 09:58 PM

Yost said in the post game that Escobar bunter on his own