ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life How much effort do you put into voting? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287912)

Hammock Parties 10-29-2014 11:28 AM

It's for suckers.

Coochie liquor 10-29-2014 11:41 AM

This is the first year I've voted, and only did so because I'm voting for leagization of medical marijuana. As for the rest I voted all independent. Unless there wasn't one, then I wrote in Bob Marley!

BWillie 10-29-2014 11:58 AM

I don't vote in presidential elections, because I live in Kansas, and my vote literally does not matter. But for the senate & gubernatorial ones I do a little research, probably more than most. For the more local ones, I don't vote or put anything down for them because I have no idea who they are. I know most people just blindly click the guy with the "R" or "D" next to it. Really helping out society there guys, just blindly picking the R or the D.

gblowfish 10-29-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 11066929)
A lot. It's important. People die for my right to do it. It matters.

This.

When I was 18, my dad made me go register to vote. He said he didn't freeze his ass shooting at the Chinese in Korea for his son not exercise the freedom he fought for.

I've made sure to vote ever since. Don't think I've missed a Presidential or Mid-Term election ever.

cosmo20002 10-29-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimidollar (Post 11066976)
I think voting is pointless. However, I still do it because it takes two minutes of my time. This year I voted mostly Libertarian with a few Republicans mixed in as well. Voting was a lot more fun when I could pull the lever for Ron Paul. Now I'm represented by a ****ing walrus.

It was pointless in your case.

cosmo20002 10-29-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11066915)
So...how much effort do you put into it?

Hardly any effort is needed. There's tons of campaign ads on TV, so I just listen to those and get most of the info I need.

On important stuff like County Water Commissioner, I'll research on the internet until I feel like I can make an informed decision.

BigMeatballDave 10-29-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11066980)
Well informed. However, I refused to vote in 2012 Presidential as I refused to cast a vote for the "lesser of two evils" candidate. I'd like a candidate I can actually support rather than the one I dislike the least.

Exactly

MahiMike 10-29-2014 12:06 PM

One crook from column A, one crook from column B...

BigMeatballDave 10-29-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11067068)
Hardly any effort is needed. There's tons of campaign ads on TV, so I just listen to those and get most of the info I need.

On important stuff like County Water Commissioner, I'll research on the internet until I feel like I can make an informed decision.

LMAO Sheep

Fairplay 10-29-2014 12:08 PM

I ask cosmo who he is going to vote for then I vote the opposite.

Steron 10-29-2014 12:12 PM

I vote in each election. I put in the work to find out where each one stands on the issues that are important to me. The ones I don't know, I either don't vote for or I cast a vote along the party line. I have to believe that the candidate with the same affiliation as me has at least the same core values. Well, they are supposed to.

ptlyon 10-29-2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steron (Post 11067091)
I vote in each election. I put in the work to find out where each one stands on the issues that are important to me. The ones I don't know, I either don't vote for or I cast a vote along the party line. I have to believe that the candidate with the same affiliation as me has at least the same core values. Well, they are supposed to.

Yay buddy, Mr. Bill Clinton

jimidollar 10-29-2014 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 11067058)
This.

When I was 18, my dad made be go register to vote. He said he didn't freeze his ass shooting at the Chinese in Korea for his son not exercise the freedom he fought for.

I've made sure to vote ever since. Don't think I've missed a Presidential or Mid-Term election ever.

I'm confused. How did shooting at Chinese in Korea protect your right to vote?

Iconic 10-29-2014 12:29 PM

None because it doesn't matter.

Molitoth 10-29-2014 12:41 PM

I research the Issues/Amendments/etc and vote on those, but have little care for what figure head is in office just doing what their funding party want them to do.