ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life So, about this cop killer Eric Frein... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287286)

R8RFAN 10-08-2014 03:25 PM

They probably fear he has set booby traps and are going to wait for him to come out because of the cold or hunger

Ming the Merciless 10-08-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 10994794)
Very true, Frein had obviously been planning this for awhile as the caches of food and supplies in the woods attest to.

How long did dorner plan his out for?

I know he ended up having to steal a car and break into people's houses so it didnt seem very well planned IMO

not sure though ,, I didnt pay a ton of attention to either case

Easy 6 10-08-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10994806)
They probably fear he has set booby traps and are going to wait for him to come out because of the cold or hunger

Like I said though, that puts civilians at a much greater risk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 10994808)
How long did dorner plan his out for?

I know he ended up having to steal a car and break into people's houses so it didnt seem very well planned IMO

not sure though ,, I didnt pay a ton of attention to either case

Dont know that I ever read how long they think Dorner planned it, but afaic all signs point to a "snap" and ill prepared getaway.

Frein is obviously different.

2bikemike 10-08-2014 03:37 PM

This guy had been preparing for this for a Long time. He has studied how to survive in the wilderness even though he is self taught. They have apparently found explosives or material to make explosive devices at his house. He is supposedly an excellent marksman. These are a few of the reasons the cops are going slow and deliberate.

IMHO if he makes it until winter really sets in he will be harder to capture. As I understand it he is an area of mostly seasonal cabins. If he can hunt down for a while he may have an opportunity to slip away as the search effort ratchets back.

The last I read though is they think they have him hemmed in to about a 1.5 sq. mi. Area

Easy 6 10-08-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike (Post 10994828)
This guy had been preparing for this for a Long time. He has studied how to survive in the wilderness even though he is self taught. They have apparently found explosives or material to make explosive devices at his house. He is supposedly an excellent marksman. These are a few of the reasons the cops are going slow and deliberate.

IMHO if he makes it until winter really sets in he will be harder to capture. As I understand it he is an area of mostly seasonal cabins. If he can hunt down for a while he may have an opportunity to slip away as the search effort ratchets back.

The last I read though is they think they have him hemmed in to about a 1.5 sq. mi. Area

Wow 1.5 miles is an awfully small area, if thats the case his capture should happen any day or minute now.

The thing about winter setting in is what scares me for civilians though, because theres just NO way he's going to survive for long without a fire and even a dakota fire pit is going to give off the scent of burning wood and heat for a FLIR system to detect... he will have to pull a home invasion.

2bikemike 10-08-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 10994837)
Wow 1.5 miles is an awfully small area, if thats the case his capture should happen any day or minute now.

The thing about winter setting in is what scares me for civilians though, because theres just NO way he's going to survive for long without a fire and even a dakota fire pit is going to give off the scent of burning wood and heat for a FLIR system to detect... he will have to pull a home invasion.

I think that as winter sets in most of those cabins will have been shuttered for the winter. Which will reduce the danger to civilians.

Easy 6 10-08-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike (Post 10994968)
I think that as winter sets in most of those cabins will have been shuttered for the winter. Which will reduce the danger to civilians.

What I'm talking about though, is him slipping through this park/vacation cabin dragnet area and getting into more of a populated vicinity.

With these vacation cabins, he could break into one for shelter later on, but so far he doesnt seem dumb enough to do that.

DJay23 10-08-2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 10994787)
I have no idea , I havent followed either case...so this is a guess...but Dorner seemed much more spur of the moment , like he snapped ...and had less time for preparations, or maybe some part of his prep. was foiled?

This guy seems to have been prepping a long time...but hes probably ****ed because:

http://i.qkme.me/3537xx.jpg

He has been planning this for a long time. In addition, I have a bad feeling there are folks aiding him.

Gonzo 10-08-2014 04:57 PM

It's over Johnny....

Big Chief Homer 10-08-2014 05:08 PM

A lot of people don't believe he's actually there any longer. Although they have been finding a lot of supplies in the woods. Like blankets and old camp fires. There are still some people they are not allowing back in their homes.

Only thing I know is I'm sick of the helicopters at tree level at 3 am.

Easy 6 10-08-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Chief Homer (Post 10995036)
A lot of people don't believe he's actually there any longer. Although they have been finding a lot of supplies in the woods. Like blankets and old camp fires. There are still some people they are not allowing back in their homes.

Only thing I know is I'm sick of the helicopters at tree level at 3 am.

Ah, so you're right there eh? Are they talking about putting your neighborhood out of your homes yet? Sucks to say, but that may not be a bad idea if this keeps up, dudes well armed and knows how to use it, even the toughest, best shot of a husbands cant be home 24/7.

Those choppers are definitely carrying FLIR looking for a heat signature, guarantee he's hiding under a mylar blanket, even with his head poking out he looks no bigger than a possum or a coon to that.

Big Chief Homer 10-08-2014 05:26 PM

Yeah, kids were out of school a few days. We're not real close,
Helicopters fly directly over our house on the way to refuel and return.

A lot of people are still not allowed into their homes but the numbers are dropping. Have a friend that works out of those barracks, thank god he was off that night.

A lot of people think he's not around that area anymore. Some of the evidence they are finding seems a little planted.

Easy 6 10-08-2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Chief Homer (Post 10995063)
Yeah, kids were out of school a few days. We're not real close,
Helicopters fly directly over our house on the way to refuel and return.

A lot of people are still not allowed into their homes but the numbers are dropping. Have a friend that works out of those barracks, thank god he was off that night.

A lot of people think he's not around that area anymore. Some of the evidence they are finding seems a little planted.

That he's evaded capture for so long does maybe point to outside help, its definitely possible he's slipped out of the search area.

Buck 10-08-2014 06:59 PM

How have I not heard of this? Where is this happening?

Easy 6 10-08-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10995259)
How have I not heard of this? Where is this happening?

Pennsylvania, ambushed a state trooper outside his command post with a hunting rifle.