ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals ***Official Royals vs. Red Sox 9/12 Game Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286476)

kcjayhawks5 09-12-2014 11:18 AM

We need this one bad!

ROYC75 09-12-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art Vader (Post 10905162)
favorable pitching matchup tonight, shouldn't be too tough a win, mojo or not.

This, only time he wants GDT's is when we are HOT or the pitching match ups align well.

Oh well, Let's Go Royals. This depressing play, not hitting & crappy defense they have been playing of late is ridiculous.

Bruiser 09-12-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 10905423)
This, only time he wants GDT's is when we are HOT or the pitching match ups align well.

Oh well, Let's Go Royals. This depressing play, not hitting & crappy defense they have been playing of late is ridiculous.

right...

:deevee:

tyler360 09-12-2014 11:36 AM

In!

Strongside 09-12-2014 12:07 PM

Royals win tonight 8-2. Calling it.

cmh6476 09-12-2014 12:23 PM

I remember April 7, 2008 vividly. And just as I proclaimed right after Mario hit the three to send it into overtime, I can confidently proclaim in this very moment "WE'RE GOING TO WIN!!!!!!!!"

PBJ PBJ PBJ

cmh6476 09-12-2014 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 10905036)
yeah, that is not going to happen. I'm planning on starting the Sunday game thread.

Can I ask you an honest question, without meaning to be a dick about it? It really seems that you put in a tremendous amount of work with your GDTs. And obviously you enjoy it and some folks appreciate it. To me it's nice and it's fine, but if I want the detail I can just go to MLB gameday and basically get the same info.

So my question is this; with as much work as you put into it, wouldn't be just as fun to sit back and watch and enjoy the game? I mean, if we are in the playoffs I'm not going to be close to this damn place, I'm going to be in the zone, in the moment enjoying every minute of it. And I just don't see how watching a pennant game and doing what you do could be all that much fun. Is there something I'm missing?

alnorth 09-12-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 10905579)
Can I ask you an honest question, without meaning to be a dick about it? It really seems that you put in a tremendous amount of work with your GDTs. And obviously you enjoy it and some folks appreciate it. To me it's nice and it's fine, but if I want the detail I can just go to MLB gameday and basically get the same info.

So my question is this; with as much work as you put into it, wouldn't be just as fun to sit back and watch and enjoy the game? I mean, if we are in the playoffs I'm not going to be close to this damn place, I'm going to be in the zone, in the moment enjoying every minute of it. And I just don't see how watching a pennant game and doing what you do could be all that much fun. Is there something I'm missing?

Same reason I take a scorebook to the ballpark. It actually gets you mentally more involved in the game, and your attention is less likely to wander around since you really do need to see and absorb every play.

ROYC75 09-12-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruiser (Post 10905427)
right...

:deevee:

For some reason I see that you are always doing this :deevee:

You use this smiley more than any other poster.:hmmm:

Strongside 09-12-2014 12:45 PM

Fiancee has been on me to help her with wedding planning stuff all week and I agreed to Friday night. Forgot all about it. Just sent a text asking if she had any interest in going to the game and got a reply stating "I'll just plan the wedding by my ****ing self."

Guess I'm not going to the game.

ROYC75 09-12-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10905510)
Royals win tonight 8-2. Calling it.

That would be great, right now, I will just take a win, even if it's the way ole Ned likes em, by 1 run and drama in the 9th.

ptlyon 09-12-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10905624)
Fiancee has been on me to help her with wedding planning stuff all week and I agreed to Friday night. Forgot all about it. Just sent a text asking if she had any interest in going to the game and got a reply stating "I'll just plan the wedding by my ****ing self."

Oh no buddy. This is your chance! Two birds with one stone!

ROYC75 09-12-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Oh man, not sure to congratulate you or offer my condolences.

Best of luck to ya.

Old Dog 09-12-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Maybe it's a way to get out of getting married?

/I kid

alnorth 09-12-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Ouch! That... was a mistake. You'll probably pay for that one.