ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Free NFL Sunday ticket (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286167)

Earthling 09-06-2014 12:35 PM

I called today and asked if there was a discount for long time customers and got about $40 knocked off. I'm cool with that. They told me that if teams are blacked out in their home areas then Direct TV will NOT televise those games. I think that's new for this year. Anyone know if the Chiefs had any blacked out games last year? Kinda worries me...

TimeForWasp 09-06-2014 02:13 PM

I called to cancel service and they offered me free wireless genie on two tvs, free sunday ticket, free showtime for 4 months, free installation. I changed my mind and kept it. Just got hooked up yesterday. one flatscreen above the other and I can move one outside and watch games. This is pretty awsome.

lewdog 09-06-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsNow (Post 10884661)
I called to cancel service and they offered me free wireless genie on two tvs, free sunday ticket, free showtime for 4 months, free installation. I changed my mind and kept it. Just got hooked up yesterday. one flatscreen above the other and I can move one outside and watch games. This is pretty awsome.

When you move a TV outside you still have to have that dumb box attached to the coax cable somewhere right?

TimeForWasp 09-06-2014 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10884730)
When you move a TV outside you still have to have that dumb box attached to the coax cable somewhere right?

The mini goes with the one you want to move. You can keep it attached to the tv somehow it's only the size of a paperback book. You still have to plug the tv and mini in to power. Supposed to reach around 80' whatever wireless range is.

lewdog 09-06-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsNow (Post 10885449)
The mini goes with the one you want to move. You can keep it attached to the tv somehow it's only the size of a paperback book. You still have to plug the tv and mini in to power. Supposed to reach around 80' whatever wireless range is.

I got upgraded to the genie with our last move but no wireless ones.

Damn, maybe that is something new? I'd love to take my TV out to the patio and they told me they'd have to route coax to that side of the house to the patio when I asked about this back in February.

65TossPowerTrap 09-06-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthling (Post 10884382)
I called today and asked if there was a discount for long time customers and got about $40 knocked off. I'm cool with that. They told me that if teams are blacked out in their home areas then Direct TV will NOT televise those games. I think that's new for this year. Anyone know if the Chiefs had any blacked out games last year? Kinda worries me...

None of them were blacked out last year. The national games are just on your regular networks instead of the 700s channels.

chief52 09-07-2014 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 10884083)
They were gonna charge you $329 for Sunday Ticket? I would have called also

Yep...standard rate, actually auto re-up rate.

GloryDayz 09-07-2014 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10884095)
people wanting handouts is all America is about now

Wow, kinda being a dick aren't ya? While they offered him the deal in return for not losing his business, which means it's not a hand-out, it's a comp; these constant fights grow older by the day. JFC, look how long Time Warner held-out against the NFL! And they were the last one.

I'll be happy when cable providers aren't a monopoly - it'll be good for all. And going to satellite seems to have its own challenges, so I'm not thinking it's a better choice in many cases (like days that it rains).

But either way, it's not a hand-out, it's a company desperate to keep customers who are willing to deal a bit.

Nzoner 09-07-2014 07:49 AM

I had to call Friday to get my other 6 receivers activated and it took 25 minutes to get an agent,then she got flustered with what I was wanting to do and said she needed to put me on hold.30 minutes later she picks up the phone to see if I'm still there(as I can hear the other agents in the background)and then hangs up thus causing me to lose connection.

Now I'm ****ing livid and call back and have to wait another 20 minutes but i get a very nice young man in retention and proceed to tell my story giving the girl's name and going as far to saying she needs her ass fired.

20 minutes later I have Sunday Ticket max for $149 plus Showtime for a year plus $10 credit on my bill each month plus a $200 Visa gift card.I told the guy I didn't want to come across as "that guy" to which he assured me I wasn't and that there was no excuse for the treatment I received.

Kaepernick 09-07-2014 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 10884083)
They were gonna charge you $329 for Sunday Ticket? I would have called also

I thought Sunday ticket was $200 now.

Kaepernick 09-07-2014 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10884095)
people wanting handouts is all America is about now

Cable/Satellite TV are near monopolies, hence they gouge the hell out of you. I approve of anybody who can get the price of that gouging down. This is nothing at all like taking handouts. It is like having a car dealer add $5,000 dealer markup on your car, and you are just trying to get it back down to MSRP.

Nzoner 09-07-2014 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 10886333)
I thought Sunday ticket was $200 now.

I,m pretty sure basic NFL Ticket is $239 and Max is $329

R8RFAN 09-07-2014 08:56 AM

Get a job you ****ing Obama voters..

Bob Dole 09-07-2014 10:26 AM

Just in under the wire. Raycom just announced they have reached an agreement with DTV.

chief52 09-07-2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 10886372)
I,m pretty sure basic NFL Ticket is $239 and Max is $329

Well they were definitely trying to hose me then. I just pulled my bill. 6 payments of $54.99 for a total of $329.94 is what they were going to charge me. Glad I got someone to wipe it out. Although I did not know there was a "basic NFL Ticket". Thought it was all one. Red Channel?

Go CHIEFS!