ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football No Alex or Charles in the final preseason game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285962)

Rasputin 08-26-2014 06:42 PM

Maybe they should keep Charles out of weeks 1 - 16, you know until we can get an offensive line next year.

Deberg_1990 08-26-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10851617)
Interesting that they don't even want them to play one drive to get a little confidence boost.

An entire MONTH of football without a touchdown from the first-team offense. Wonderful.

I'm actually shocked that fans still think preseason games mean anything.

Your smarter than this.

Or maybe not.......

Rasputin 08-26-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10851692)
I'm actually shocked that fans still think preseason games mean anything.

Your smarter than this.

Or maybe not.......

Winning or losing may not matter or mean anything in preseason but how they play does.

Deberg_1990 08-26-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 10851697)
Winning or losing may not matter or mean anything in preseason but how they play does.

Not really

I care more about how the team is playing later in the season than early anyways.

So many teams look bad or average early, then are completely different beasts in the back half if the year. Preseason is mostly meaningless.

ThaVirus 08-26-2014 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10851687)
Risk what?

Risk losing due to injury instead of losing due to shitty play?

Yes. In the grand scheme of things, one measly drive likely wouldn't mean shit. A significant injury would mean very, very much.

thabear04 08-26-2014 06:52 PM

Better sit out Berry too I don't want him hurt if he just came back.

Rasputin 08-26-2014 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10851710)
Not really

You don't think for some players preseason doesn't help give them experience? You don't think valuable experience matters? It matters. Winning and losing may not be important but learning from mistakes & working on fundamentals do matter for the season.

I don't curr about the wins or losses in preseason but I do want to see success and efforts by those who have something to prove.

WakkaWakka 08-26-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 10851685)
Eric Fisher not expected to play? Holy shit balls if anyone needs to play it's him. He is sick? What a wuss.

What a ****ing joke.

Reerun_KC 08-26-2014 06:56 PM

Oh noes. CPs usual suspects will have a menstrual meltdown.

Deberg_1990 08-26-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 10851725)
You don't think for some players preseason doesn't help give them experience? You don't think valuable experience matters? It matters. Winning and losing may not be important but learning from mistakes & working on fundamentals do matter for the season.

I don't curr about the wins or losses in preseason but I do want to see success and efforts by those who have something to prove.

Sure. Experience matters some obviously.

Especially for the rookies or guys on the edge of getting cut

Proven vets? Very little.

Like I said earlier, a lot of teams don't even completely gel until late in the season.

Snapplez 08-26-2014 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WakkaWakka (Post 10851727)

Safe pick

TribalElder 08-26-2014 07:00 PM

The Offense is allergic to touchdowns

mcaj22 08-26-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10851710)
Not really

I care more about how the team is playing later in the season than early anyways.

So many teams look bad or average early, then are completely different beasts in the back half if the year. Preseason is mostly meaningless.

That makes no sense, if you start shitty chances are you aren't making the playoffs, I could care less how this team looks at the end of the season if they are absolute garbage the first 8 games/2 months.

Deberg_1990 08-26-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10851789)
That makes no sense, if you start shitty chances are you aren't making the playoffs, I could care less how this team looks at the end of the season if they are absolute garbage the first 8 games/2 months.

Oh really ? I think you better look at some NFL history.

InChiefsHeaven 08-26-2014 07:47 PM

This is the smart play. Charles doesn't need any carries, he friggin' knows what he's doing. All he needs is some over-zealous prick from Green Bay laying a helmet in his earhole and having a concussion for 6 weeks.

Alex. We've seen enough. Last season we saw that he has it within himself to be more than just serviceable. Granted, the O-Line and him need to have a come together moment, but one more pre-season game ain't gonna iron all that out.

Fisher...what the ****? That guy needs all the snaps he can get.

Berry. I'd sit him out too, but I guess this indicates he'll be out there at least for awhile.

Rest your starters, get a few of them some reps, and the bore the hell out of everybody. It's preseason. Who could possibly give a shit, or who could think that one more game would make a difference?

I get that people want us to look polished and awesome for the short time our starters are in there, but we've already seen that's not gonna happen. Might as well reload and get to the games that count with the best players you have.