ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football **** OFFICIAL College Football Week 1 Game Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285955)

Rasputin 08-26-2014 08:35 PM

College*

DaKCMan AP 08-28-2014 10:44 AM

bumpz

Frosty 08-28-2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 10851204)
7:00 Idaho at Florida - ESPNU

My son goes to Idaho. Might have to watch this one for the lulz.

Bowser 08-28-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10851468)
Iowa might make it to the Big Ten Title game this year. Good schedule, solid players, if their linebacking corp just comes together they could be dangerous.

Iowa has a freshman linebacker named Aaron Mends that was good friends with my daughter since like 8th grade. Great kid. I'll be keeping an eye on the Hawkeyes this year to see how he does and if he can crack the lineup as a true freshman.

Bowser 08-28-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 10852053)
No Nebraska will

http://gotps3.ru/files/guest/220311_890422030.gif

htismaqe 08-28-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10851468)
Iowa might make it to the Big Ten Title game this year. Good schedule, solid players, if their linebacking corp just comes together they could be dangerous.

The QB position certainly looks solid. I loved what I saw out of a young Rudock last year.

htismaqe 08-28-2014 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10856237)
Iowa has a freshman linebacker named Aaron Mends that was good friends with my daughter since like 8th grade. Great kid. I'll be keeping an eye on the Hawkeyes this year to see how he does and if he can crack the lineup as a true freshman.

He has a good chance to play. They moved him to FULLBACK.

Bowser 08-28-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10856246)
He has a good chance to play. They moved him to FULLBACK.

Whoa, what? They experimented with him a bit at FB in high school his senior year, but he was never really a true lead blocker, he'd be a decoy or just go out for the flat passes or wheel routes. His junior year he put up monster numbers as a halfback. The kid has a great first step/initial burst, and could flat out FLY in high school......

Last I heard was that the coaches wanted him to put on another 20 or so pounds to play OLB for them. There is a guy I work with that has "inside" connections with the coaching staff in some manner. I told him all of this about Mends and he said he wouldn't be surprised if Ferentz moved him back to offense. Said that is something he likes to do just to get his athletes all on the field.

htismaqe 08-28-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10856256)
Whoa, what? They experimented with him a bit at FB in high school his senior year, but he was never really a true lead blocker, he'd be a decoy or just go out for the flat passes or wheel routes. His junior year he put up monster numbers as a halfback. The kid has a great first step/initial burst, and could flat out FLY in high school......

Last I heard was that the coaches wanted him to put on another 20 or so pounds to play OLB for them. There is a guy I work with that has "inside" connections with the coaching staff in some manner. I told him all of this about Mends and he said he wouldn't be surprised if Ferentz moved him back to offense. Said that is something he likes to do just to get his athletes all on the field.

Well, he won't be a traditional FB because he's only a shade over 200 lbs. But their starting HB is 240 so it all evens out.

The starting FB is out for the season and they only had one other FB on the roster, so they moved Mends out of necessity. From what I've read, they were planning on redshirting him rather than play him at LB.

Bowser 08-28-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10856272)
Well, he won't be a traditional FB because he's only a shade over 200 lbs. But their starting HB is 240 so it all evens out.

The starting FB is out for the season and they only had one other FB on the roster, so they moved Mends out of necessity. From what I've read, they were planning on redshirting him rather than play him at LB.

Interesting. Well, good for Aaron. I'm sure he would rather play fullback than redshirt his freshman season. Like I said, if he can get comfortable he's certainly capable of making some big plays. Definitely a kid to root for.

My daughter had weightlifting with Aaron and another kid that will play college ball named Marquise Doherty. During the class, she saw this older guy she didn't recognize talking to both of them, and they left with him to go sit in a class. She had no idea who the guy was, just knew he was a coach of some type. She learned his name, came home and asked me if I knew who Bo Pelini was, because he was at the school talking to those guys. Kind of cool, and apparently she caught shit from the other kids for not knowing who Bo Pelini was, lol.

And here's a link to his NFSC results from last year. Pretty cool, although I figured he would have a faster 40 time (definitely seems like he plays faster...)

http://www.studentsports.com/blog/20...-combine-team/

htismaqe 08-28-2014 12:08 PM

The thing about Iowa's offense is that they actually do use a FB and with only 2 on the roster, I'm guessing he'll actually be on the field quite a bit.

KCTitus 08-28-2014 12:29 PM

FiOS doesnt yet carry the SEC network...effing bastards.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08-28-2014 04:08 PM

TD TAMU!!!!

**** you, Spurrier.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08-28-2014 04:11 PM

I came

O-line and skill players looked great

chiefs1111 08-28-2014 04:28 PM

Hill looking good for the Aggies so far