ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 7 Chiefs Roster Questions before the next round of cuts (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285952)

Dayze 08-26-2014 12:55 PM

We are the chiefs afterall

jd1020 08-26-2014 12:58 PM

So it would surprise him if the Chiefs kept 4 QBs, cut any of them, and parting ways with Daniel.

So I guess he thinks the Chiefs are getting trade offers for Bray or Murray?

srvy 08-26-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 10850806)
Succop is better at kickoffs, while I'd love to go cheap, he's the guy.

As for Daniel, I'd cut his ass. Look, we are going into the shitter if/once Alex goes down. Might as well let the young kids play.

I don't think Succup has a stronger leg. I believe Santos was being looked at to see if he could kick to spots and also to look at players on special teams. Succups leg is just got enough in right conditions to drive it 6 yards deep. Problem is teams take it out routinely now 8 deep. Santos I think has an out of end zone leg. Either one if Miami doesn't snap one up Denver might with Prather suspended and saucing.

CaliforniaChief 08-26-2014 01:01 PM

I don't think Santos would have any trade value. Succop might get a 7th rounder as well as a cap savings, so that makes sense.

I wonder if one of the QB's will get "injured" Thursday night and end up on IR.

I also think the team is a high candidate to make some sort of move (trade/waiver claim) on OL, although we don't have an optimal spot to pick from this year.

I think LDT ends up on the PS. The other rookies should make it.

thabear04 08-26-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 10850806)
Succop is better at kickoffs, while I'd love to go cheap, he's the guy.

As for Daniel, I'd cut his ass. Look, we are going into the shitter if/once Alex goes down. Might as well let the young kids play.

Agree Succop has a better kick off.

thabear04 08-26-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10850856)
I don't think Succup has a stronger leg. I believe Santos was being looked at to see if he could kick to spots and also to look at players on special teams. Succups leg is just got enough in right conditions to drive it 6 yards deep. Problem is teams take it out routinely now 8 deep. Santos I think has an out of end zone leg. Either one if Miami doesn't snap one up Denver might with Prather suspended and saucing.

He didn't kick it out of the end zone when we played the panthers.

jd1020 08-26-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10850856)

Succop had something like 42 touchbacks last year, good for 9th in the league.

saphojunkie 08-26-2014 01:12 PM

Trade Alex Smith and Eric Fisher to Houston for Duane Brown.

Mr. Laz 08-26-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10850881)
Succop had something like 42 touchbacks last year, good for 9th in the league.

How many of those touchbacks came late in the year when the cold weather hit?

jd1020 08-26-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10850890)
How many of those touchbacks came late in the year when the cold weather hit?

Who knows? I'm guessing more than 23 other teams kickers.

srvy 08-26-2014 01:18 PM

Hard to say all the reporters in camp say its very close but that Santos is most likely the guy so who knows. I do know when Succup drives it its always low and if it isn't deep the usually get good field position.

Coogs 08-26-2014 01:22 PM

Murry's gal moved to KC to take a job at Channel 41 last week. I'm thinking there must have been some logical reasoning that went into that decision with the final two cutdowns coming in the very near future to that said move.

KCUnited 08-26-2014 01:22 PM

May as well pick some names out of a ****ing hat.

Mr. Laz 08-26-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10850892)
Who knows? I'm guessing more than 23 other teams kickers.

not necessarily, just because he was 9th overall doesn't mean it was 9th all year

seems to me like Succops power drops off dramatically when the cold hits

more than many other quality kickers

why doesn't that matter?

Because the kicks become more important late in the year when it's cold.

It also seems like if you ask Succop to kick several times close together his kick length drops a lot.

fieldgoal
kickoff
defensive int
fieldgoal
kickoff

4 kicks pretty close together and the 2nd fieldgoal and kickoff aren't going to be nearly as good. Seems like it anyway.

Halfcan 08-26-2014 01:36 PM

I doubt Bray makes this team. He had a year to learn the playbook and failed. He has rocks in his head.