ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Competition Committee to true NFL Fans: Get ****ed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285773)

Anyong Bluth 08-19-2014 08:34 AM

Honestly, if this holds true. The NFL just took a massive shit.

There will be almost zero point to drafting anything less than the elite guy on the defensive side, otherwise keep loading up on offensive talent, and the guys who don't pan out just throw over to the defensive side.

You may as well line up the prevent defense or double quarters, and simply send everyone else on max out and overload blitzes.

They're going to make real life Techmo Bowl.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-19-2014 08:35 AM

Brady and jug head...zero punts because a flag bails them out on every third down. Kind of like usual, but on speed this timem

RealSNR 08-19-2014 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 10831549)
As soon as tv ratings dip the flags will stop.

Sweet. We only have to wait an entire season for that to happen.

KCTitus 08-19-2014 08:35 AM

I would consider this a good thing if it benefitted KC over other teams, however, we all know that will not be the case. In the penalty department, KC is usually getting the brown end of the stick.

This is going to really ruin the games.

Chiefnj2 08-19-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10831560)
Sweet. We only have to wait an entire season for that to happen.

The sponsors could complain sooner.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-19-2014 08:40 AM

Saw several plays in a few games where the receiver pushed off, the defender turned and looked for the ball, ball sailed 5 yards over everyone's head...1st and goal at the one.

FlaChief58 08-19-2014 08:40 AM

For the first time in my life I'm not acting like a giddy school girl in anticipation of football season. I blame most of this on the heartbreak that is the Chiefs and the rest on the direction that the NFL is taking to appease the FF geeks out there.

I could see me giving up on the sport altogether if this shit continues

Molitoth 08-19-2014 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 10831561)
I would consider this a good thing if it benefited KC over other teams.

True, this does not help teams that are stuck in 80's style of football.
You know... that game manager style of run the football, checkdowns, kick field goals.

Big Poppa Payne 08-19-2014 08:41 AM

This is what happens when you try to take something that's not broken and fix it.

hometeam 08-19-2014 08:45 AM

yuk

Fansy the Famous Bard 08-19-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 10829398)
Julio Jones is racking in at least 2,000 yards this season for an 8 win Falcon team. That's what the NFL is becoming.

This is a cycle...

Whether it's the beginning of the cycle ending the NFL's reign as big boy in America, or the cycle of just this style of play.... we'll see.

KCTitus 08-19-2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 10831575)
True, this does not help teams that are stuck in 80's style of football.
You know... that game manager style of run the football, checkdowns, kick field goals.

Actually, I chalk KC's inability to do anything on offense on the fact that they severely lack talent just about everywhere it counts save for RB. Aside from that, KC has never been a franchise to benefit from the hanky...that's for the glamor teams with glamor QB's.

Eleazar 08-19-2014 08:57 AM

Unwatchable. This will kill fans' enjoyment of the games.

Frosty 08-19-2014 08:59 AM

The preseason games this year have been unwatchable. You can't go more than three plays without a flag.

The NFL is forgetting its history. Fans like defense. Most of the legendary units were defensive - '85 Bears, the 2000 Ravens, the Steel Curtain, the Purple People Eaters, Fearsome Foursome, etc. On offense, there's what? - the "Greatest Show on Turf" who barely won their Super Bowl?

Seriously - if people want to watch basketball on the gridiron, they can watch Arena Ball.

bigjosh 08-19-2014 09:00 AM

Mr. Goodell was pissed that his hero Peyton got beat up by Seattle. There is nothing more to this story than the golden boy got schooled. If Denver had won, there would be no new enforcement of these stupid ****ing rules.