ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The Fix is in (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284038)

eDave 05-31-2014 12:57 PM

Marketing wins championships.

cosmo20002 05-31-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10662433)
ROFL (Here we go again!) You should do BOTH...

It's my opinion that controlling the whole game would be impossible; However, it is very possible for the NFL to control a single moment/s of any game they want without any player / coach / team etc. being involved. Sometimes that moment can determine the outcome of a game. A call here, there, especially a NON-CALL here / there can do the trick. The perfect "defense" is human error and non reversible calls. It's all entertainment and can be manipulated. To not accept that as a possibility is beyond being close-minded. It's plain stupid.

I assume the "etc." doesn't include the refs, because you would need one or probably more to pull off what you are describing.

You didn't mention or defend the Touhy guy in the OP's video, but he seems to be the go-to expert on this topic. He says something like, "the refs don't even need to be told by the NFL what to do--they just know." WTF is that?

The easiest way to know Touhy is full of shit is that he always claims that fixing of games by the NFL isn't even illegal, so of course they take advantage of this. It would be very illegal.

redshirt32 05-31-2014 01:41 PM

Is there not holding on every play ?

At some point in the game you can throw your flag and it can determine or alter a games outcome, to say that no ref has taking money or has received some kind of comp to give and edge to another team to give them a better chance to win
or to say that not one game ever has been altered or an edge given to another team knowingly by a ref or refs is stupid.
They are human and they will and can make shitty calls at the right time be it money or friends or the hot ass BJ he received just before the game not every ref has the upmost integrity.

NBA had some shit refs back in the day

Pepe Silvia 05-31-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10662480)
I assume the "etc." doesn't include the refs, because you would need one or probably more to pull off what you are describing.

You didn't mention or defend the Touhy guy in the OP's video, but he seems to be the go-to expert on this topic. He says something like, "the refs don't even need to be told by the NFL what to do--they just know." WTF is that?

The easiest way to know Touhy is full of shit is that he always claims that fixing of games by the NFL isn't even illegal, so of course they take advantage of this. It would be very illegal.

No it's not, the NFL has a loophole, it says on the ticket that you're paying to see a football game, it doesn't have to be a FAIR game. It's entertainment, they aren't liable in court.

patteeu 05-31-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Would it? What law do you have in mind?

millz 05-31-2014 03:08 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsvmcc6tzE0 part 2 right here.

i like tuohy but how did he get access to all these FBI files? Also, I'm sorry but Ritchie looks pissed off and knows something we don't.

Aries Walker 05-31-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10661972)
They brought up the 15 and 1 packers- we know who they lost that one too. One of the best home games in recent years.

That game got me a personal "Way to go" from Rob Riggle.

Dayze 05-31-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10662413)
OK. We know you think that. What evidence do you have?

I don't.
just because I smell dog shit but can't find the turd, doesn't mean the dog shit doesn't exist.

NFL is entertainment. which is one of the reasons my interest has wained to the point where I only watch the Chiefs games any more.

TEX 05-31-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

The problem with your opinion on the subject is that you don't know what you're talking about. However, you think that you do and that's the worst position to be in regardless of the subject matter...Do us all a favor and go educate yourself on the law and then come back and discuss this topic again. You just might learn something...

TEX 05-31-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10662544)
No it's not, the NFL has a loophole, it says on the ticket that you're paying to see a football game, it doesn't have to be a FAIR game. It's entertainment, they aren't liable in court.

Bingo! Hey Cosmo, I'd start (and end) with this...

beach tribe 05-31-2014 04:33 PM

And the refs who were just on strike for more money are to be trusted with this multimillion dollar secret?

Lex Luthor 05-31-2014 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10662642)
I don't.
just because I smell dog shit but can't find the turd, doesn't mean the dog shit doesn't exist.

NFL is entertainment. which is one of the reasons my interest has wained to the point where I only watch the Chiefs games any more.

A better analogy: Just because you think the dog must have shit in your yard because you have a feeling that the damn dog must have done so, doesn't mean that a dog shit in your yard.

Find the turd and you'll have a better argument.

Pepe Silvia 05-31-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10662738)
A better analogy: Just because you think the dog must have shit in your yard because you have a feeling that the damn dog must have done so, doesn't mean that a dog shit in your yard.

What?

Mr. Laz 05-31-2014 06:12 PM

manipulated,massaged,influenced aren't the same as fixed

I absolutely think that refs subconsciously favor big names in all the sports. I also think that the league wants to give big markets the best chance for success.

Any real conspiracy group would have to be very small or someone would talk, it's just human nature. No way would players,officials keep their mouth shut forever ... they would write a book or blackmail the league endlessly.

cosmo20002 05-31-2014 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10662544)

No it doesn't. That's just ****ing stupid.

But even using your ticket "loophole," a football "game" implies that it is an actual competitive, fair game. If it had a determined outcome, it would be a performance.