ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft If Teddy Bridgewater really does fall, do you draft him? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283127)

jjchieffan 04-20-2014 09:19 PM

Funny that sackashit responds with a gif of two of the lamest unfunny actors on the planet. I know you want to waste the pick on a guard. Was that you in the true fan gif?

O.city 04-20-2014 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10575334)
I don't know that I really have an opinion about him one way or the other, but as strongly as I feel about the importance of the position, if they decide he's worth spending the 23rd pick on, I wouldn't have any issues with it, regardless of what other perceived holes the roster has. Nothing or noone else that they could possibly draft could ever have a greater positive impact on the franchise's next decade (or more) than the right QB, and if their analysis tells them that he's that right guy, then they need to pull the trigger.

Good take. I agree.

They need to be forward thinking. If they feel that way about him, pick him. If not trade the pick to someone who does

Saccopoo 04-20-2014 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 10575345)
Funny that sackashit responds with a gif of two of the lamest unfunny actors on the planet. I know you want to waste the pick on a guard. Was that you in the true fan gif?

This is how stupid people get around here about the proverbial "QBOTF" first round pick.

The single biggest hole on this entire team is at OG, but you see people ridiculing that position as a possible pick because they think that if we don't use a first round pick on a QB right ****ing now that the sun will implode, go super nova and swallow the earth.

The QB position is the last one that needs to be addressed. They've got Smith - a guy who can win in the playoffs, Daniel showed he's a capable backup in the San Diego game and you got a rookie last season who has all the tools to be an elite level guy at the position. What else do you need at the position? So, let's summarize...a 29 year old starter with playoff experience, a 27 year old backup and a 22 year old dude with the tools to groom.

Yeah, let's use that first round pick on another QB. That makes sense.

Oh, that's right, we need to draft our own first round pick who we all know will be in the ****ing Hall of Fame because the Chiefs would draft him. That's why we wanted Jimmy Clausen. Because we'd finally get that Hall of Fame QB and he'd be all ours and nobody else's and we'd have picked him in the first round and the curse of Blackledge will be finally off this team and we'll win the Super Bowl in his rookie season because he'd be the starter because he'd be our first round pick and nobody else's and we'd be the envy of the league because we'd have a first round QB picked who will be in the Hall of Fame who will win the Super Bowl his rookie year because we picked him in the first round.

That's why.

Jimmya 04-20-2014 09:43 PM

Let pick some fat ass guard that won't finish the season and will leave in 3 years..... Bad ass.

Saccopoo 04-20-2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 10575390)
Let pick some fat ass guard that won't finish the season and will leave in 3 years..... Bad ass.

It would be a better pick than Freddy Bilgewater.

kcxiv 04-20-2014 09:47 PM

IF he is the best player on their board when we pick, absolutely.

RunKC 04-20-2014 09:49 PM

Why do you hate Bridgewater so much Sac? You've hated him since last years game vs Florida.

BossChief 04-20-2014 09:50 PM

Yes.

The thing that does give me pause about the kid is when he talked about almost walking away from football as a freshman because he wasnt the starter. How much effort would he put in to try and pry the starters job from Alex Smith if we did draft him to be the long term answer? Does he truly love the game enough to put in the time it takes to develop all of his skills? Does he have the intestinal fortitude (thanks bobby heenan) to watch film and lift weights ON HIS OWN TIME?

The weight lifting part is HUGE because he wouldn't play right away (unless Alex gets injured) and his legs are made of pixie sticks. His arms look like he hasn't ever touched a weight. Those things lead me to believe he has gotten by strictly on talent to this point and he would need to completely refine his outlook on the game in the future to realize his potential.

Does he have it in him to do that?

If the answer is yes, you run to the podium and select him.

If the answer is no, you select the player on the board that provides the team the best impact.

Chief_For_Life58 04-20-2014 09:50 PM

we are in win now mode. I want immediate impact. I voted no

BossChief 04-20-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10575399)
Why do you hate Bridgewater so much Sac? You've hated him since last years game vs Florida.

Because Alex Smith went to Utah.

BossChief 04-20-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 10575402)
we are in win now mode. I want immediate impact. I voted no

The teams offseason thus far doesn't support the claim that we are in win now mode.

Mr. Laz 04-20-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10575395)
IF he is the best player on their board when we pick, absolutely.

Do you think he is?

common sense tells you that the 15 of the best players are going to be gone, there will be some surprises about the other 8.

Is Bridgewater that good?

Bridgewater > Marquise Lee?
Bridgewater > Brandin Cook?

What possible players will be there that you would take over Bridgewater?

Mr. Laz 04-20-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10575405)
The teams offseason thus far doesn't support the claim that we are in win now mode.

It sure doesn't

It looks like we did a quick band-aid last year and are now on to the rebuild.

Or Dorsey and Reid really think we were robbed last year and are ready to win with existing talent.

O.city 04-20-2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10575407)
It sure doesn't

It looks like we did a quick band-aid last year and are now on to the rebuild.

Or Dorsey and Reid really think we were robbed last year and are ready to win with existing talent.

It's a bold play, but I'm pretty sure they feel they've got in house talent that can replace and be better than what they lost/didn't sign.

Added to that this years draft, I guess.

It's a bold play counting on slot of unknowns though

O.city 04-20-2014 09:57 PM

I would take lee or cooks over bridgewater right now