ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Oakland Raiders sign.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282701)

Coochie liquor 04-01-2014 04:45 AM

Looks like an almost completely new roster in Jokeland. Should be interesting this season.

Mecca 04-01-2014 05:12 AM

They just signed 2 of the top 3 CB's on the 49ers roster this past season, can't really say that's a bad thing.

That's gonna be a better team, there's no question.

Messier 04-01-2014 05:47 AM

The Raiders are better. Yes they added talent, but this offseason is like a handbook in how to spend money just to spend money. Compare what the Raiders did to the Broncos. The Broncos signed pretty young, still in their prime players, that their former team would've loved to keep. I'm trying to think of the player Oakland signed that their former team wasn't like, meh, go ahead, we're fine. Brown maybe?

Mecca 04-01-2014 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 10531791)
The Raiders are better. Yes they added talent, but this offseason is like a handbook in how to spend money just to spend money. Compare what the Raiders did to the Broncos. The Broncos signed pretty young, still in their prime players, that their former team would've loved to keep. I'm trying to think of the player Oakland signed that their former team wasn't like, meh, go ahead, we're fine. Brown maybe?

Well when you have 70 million to spend you have to spend money to spend money. I don't think they've signed any bad contracts short front loaded deals don't kill teams.

Marco Polo 04-01-2014 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 10531702)
Sometimes this makes me wonder how the NFL is tax exempt.... Non-Profit my ass.

I think you are confused. The league office is non-profit but the individual teams pay taxes. The vast majority of the money is held with the teams.

htismaqe 04-01-2014 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 10531798)
Well when you have 70 million to spend you have to spend money to spend money. I don't think they've signed any bad contracts short front loaded deals don't kill teams.

I mentioned this the other day but nobody was apparently paying attention.

The Raiders HAVE to spend money. They were teetering on having to pay fines for hoarding too much money...

Mecca 04-01-2014 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10531839)
I mentioned this the other day but nobody was apparently paying attention.

The Raiders HAVE to spend money. They were teetering on having to pay fines for hoarding too much money...

Yep, so they're in position to front load short deals to vets because they have to.

I think at the end of the day they're a better team now than they were at the end of the season.

ct 04-01-2014 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10531297)
I was expecting jacque schiitt

Back off!! All you're schiitts are belong too us!

lawrenceRaider 04-01-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 10531791)

Which young, in their prime players did the Donks sign? I must have missed those signings.

Oakland signed some vets, who still should have a couple good years left, and didnt' break the bank signing them. Oakland looks to have similar cap room next offseason as well. How about the Chiefs? Well, giving a player like Bowe over 11 mill per season is hamstringing your ability to sign players to fill the gaps in your squad.

htismaqe 04-01-2014 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 10531863)
Which young, in their prime players did the Donks sign? I must have missed those signings.

Oakland signed some vets, who still should have a couple good years left, and didnt' break the bank signing them. Oakland looks to have similar cap room next offseason as well. How about the Chiefs? Well, giving a player like Bowe over 11 mill per season is hamstringing your ability to sign players to fill the gaps in your squad.

The Broncos signed TJ Ward and Emmanuel Sanders, both ascending players just entering their primes...

Simplicity 04-01-2014 08:03 AM

The Raiders had to spend the money... Don't give me the "At least they are trying" bullshit...

Mecca 04-01-2014 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 10531916)
The Raiders had to spend the money... Don't give me the "At least they are trying" bullshit...

Well we had cap room like that when Pioli was here and he sat around with his thumb up his ass.

Messier 04-01-2014 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 10531916)

Agreed. I'm not saying the Raiders aren't better, but they HAD to spend money. And they got a bunch of people you can say, hey, I know his name, about. They had a few savvy signings, but most seem like they are about 4 years too late.

MTG#10 04-01-2014 08:25 AM

My Saints fan coworker just told me the raiders just traded 3 picks for Jimmy Graham?

Eleazar 04-01-2014 08:27 AM

The Raiders are spending money, but that hasn't made the Redskins contenders in the past, nor did it work for the Eagles when they were being called the "dream team" a few years ago.

Talent without coaching and leadership isn't going to take them anywhere, we'll see if they have either of those in quantity.