ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Forecasting the Future: 2014 Unknowns (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282694)

RealSNR 03-31-2014 06:33 PM

Fisher WILL improve. He surely can't get any worse.

G play WILL drop off significantly from last year. I don't expect Allen to improve any, and we're one injury away from looking at Jeff ****ing Linkenbach. And I don't trust rookies to do shit. Kansas City hasn't drafted good OL who played well as rookies in quite some time.

Bowe WILL have a better season than last year. Again, he can't be worse

AJ Jenkins WON'T be an improvement over McMidget. Last year Dex finally found his niche as a short range 3rd down possession receiver on crosses and slants. I don't trust Jenkins to do shit just because he caught a couple passes in the playoffs.

Kelce WON'T be a solid contributor. I define solid contributor as somebody who does something more than Fasano/McGrath. If you look at the preseason games, Kelce sucked dick. Again, show me you can look good outside of training camp

Commings WILL be better than Lewis. Duh.

Houston WILL be better than last year. I think that because he had to sit out a few games and also got "figured out" by offenses (thanks, Sutton). I don't know if he'll be a monster, but he'll be better than last year.

Alex Smith WILL have a better season. And that's considering the mammoth defenses he has to face. He finally figured shit out as things went along.

Catapano WON'T be a solid contributor this year. Again, ****ing show me. I don't want hype. Hype is what I bought during the Vermeil years. Never again.

2014 draft class WON'T have 3-4 solid contributors in it. 3-4 is a lot, and the Chiefs are a good(ish) team as it is. We couldn't cobble together one single solid contributor in 2013 and we had the #1 pick.

ForeverChiefs58 03-31-2014 07:04 PM

I'm guessing the people who believe Jenkins will be better than McCluster, also believe Kelce and Cummings will be...well...better than...their carreer so far has shown?

Easy 6 04-03-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 10531252)
I'm guessing the people who believe Jenkins will be better than McCluster, also believe Kelce and Cummings will be...well...better than...their carreer so far has shown?

Jenkins not only has better size and speed, but he's been a receiver for years and years... its not some position being thrust upon him out of necessity.

Dex was an All-Pro returner and truly grew into a serviceable slot player last year, I've given him his due credit time and again for that... but for upside strictly as a receiver? Jenkins ceiling is the stratosphere while Dex' was just barely clearing that medium sized hill over there...

ForeverChiefs58 04-03-2014 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10537896)
Jenkins not only has better size and speed, but he's been a receiver for years and years... its not some position being thrust upon him out of necessity.

Dex was an All-Pro returner and truly grew into a serviceable slot player last year, I've given him his due credit time and again for that... but for upside strictly as a receiver? Jenkins ceiling is the stratosphere while Dex' was just barely clearing that medium sized hill over there...

Hey, I hope Jenkins turns into the next Jerry Rice too, but having the distinction as the only 1st rd WR in nfl history to not catch a pass is not something that seems rationale to put a lot of hope into.

Easy 6 04-03-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 10538015)
Hey, I hope Jenkins turns into the next Jerry Rice too, but having the distinction as the only 1st rd WR in nfl history to not catch a pass is not something that seems rationale to put a lot of hope into.

I'm not counting my chickens just yet, but I still have far more faith in this guy becoming a gamebreaking WR than I EVER did Dex.

Dex had a limited ceiling, what else can I say?

WhiteWhale 04-03-2014 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10538064)
I'm not counting my chickens just yet, but I still have far more faith in this guy becoming a gamebreaking WR than I EVER did Dex.

Dex had a limited ceiling, what else can I say?

I think people should stick with hoping he can become a contributor before worrying about him becoming a 'gamebreaking WR". I doubt that will ever happen.

TEX 04-03-2014 07:47 PM

I cant believe all those who feel Kelce is going to make a significant difference this season. He looked terrible when he played in pre season last year but beyond that, he's coming off micro surgery and thats a difficult thing to overcome.

TEX 04-03-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10538083)
I think people should stick with hoping he can become a contributor before worrying about him becoming a 'gamebreaking WR". I doubt that will ever happen.

Yea, but he improved a great deal in only year 1 of Andy Reid and dude was a big threat in the return game. He's going to be missed.

Rausch 04-03-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10538088)
I cant believe all those who feel Kelce is going to make a significant difference this season. He looked terrible when he played in pre season last year but beyond that, he's coming off micro surgery and thats a difficult thing to overcome.

I doubt Tony Kelce ever starts a game for us...

007 04-03-2014 08:01 PM

I had more won'ts than wills

Easy 6 04-03-2014 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10538083)

Pop Quiz... you have to fill a receiver spot right now, based on what we have seen, who do you choose?

Me? I'll take the relatively unproven 6' 190 guy with 4.4 speed over the 5'8 175 guy with 5.4 speed all day long... is there a bit of Hope and Wish involved? of course.

But most coaches can find a decent punt returner for much less than Dex commanded... we don't need an awesome punt returner, we NEED a killer receiver, and Jenkins has about 1000 times better chance of becoming that player.

Easy 6 04-03-2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10538103)

No doubt, Bob Kelce? **** that guy...

SeeingRed 04-03-2014 08:08 PM

I answered positively to almost all questions. I was stuck on 2014 draft class (how do we know that when we dont even know who they are yet?) and AJ Jenkins being better than McCluster. I said no about Jenkins but I hope I'm wrong. I believe pretty strongly in contributions from Kelce, Commings and Catapano. I sure hope Fisher has an improved season since this is vital.

Ragged Robin 04-03-2014 08:10 PM

Alex Smith will have a better season because he's a muthafukin baus and was lighting doods up in the last half of the season. Jenkins/McCluster is not a fair comparison because technically Bowe will be replacing McCluster in the slot when they're outside base personnel which is what they did in the last few games including the playoffs. As a #3 option contributor? Maybe, but I'm hoping we draft TWO receivers in the mid rounds who will instantly become contributors, thus moving Jenkins/Avery down the depth chart.

SeeingRed 04-03-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10538103)

You mean Travis Kelce :hmmm:

Hopefully he is fully recovered from his surgery and if he is I feel he will be a HUGE boost for the offense.