ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Gas Grills (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281695)

Bwana 02-23-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 10448992)
I have a Kenmore gas grill and a Weber 22" kettle charcoal grill.

I used my Weber for smoking and whatnot and the gas grill for quick cooking.

The flavorizer bars and the drip tray sheet metal is all rotted out on the gas grill so I need to either replace these pieces or replace the whole damn grill.

I know the Weber gas grills are good but real expensive.

I'd like to find one that has a smoking tray built right in and maybe an infared burner for searing steaks.

I may even consider a Traeger.

Any ideas?

Traeger makes large steaming piles of shit, their product sucks.

Buehler445 02-24-2014 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 10449056)
What kind of problems did the Traeger have?

The damn thing is already 1000.00

To my knowledge they've replaced the thermostat twice, the igniter at least once and have had a ton of problems getting the pellets to feed right. I'm not sure what the problem ended up being there. And that's just the shit I know of. I know I've seen other traeger parts around, I just don't know what the problems were.

Like I said though, I have a buddy with the same model that has had no problems.

RedandGold 02-24-2014 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10449695)
Sideburners are perhaps the most overrated feature of grills in the history of grills. Not saying that they don't have their uses, but most people don't use them and never miss them.

I have a Weber Genesis gas grill without a side burner, and there hasn't been a single time where I wished it had one.

Holladay 02-24-2014 07:04 AM

Weber Genesis. Had 2-3 others before and had hotspots/poor quality/wouldn't get hot enough/poor design etc.

I bought the Genesis 10 years ago and never looked back. I have a cover for it and still looks new. I just grilled 2 weeks ago in -10F weather. This baby ran up to 600F in 5 min. Nice sear.

Yes expensive but over time cheap. Try and buy them at the end of the season...got mine in Oct list was ?? $600 from HD on sale for ?525. Best money spent on a grill.

Sidebar-has a side burner which was used once for a marinade. Worthless.

tooge 02-24-2014 10:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
all you need is this for smoking and grilling, and the electric starter makes it easy as hell. It'll do it all for you

scho63 02-24-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10450318)
all you need is this for smoking and grilling, and the electric starter makes it easy as hell. It'll do it all for you

What make and model is it?

Impossible to tell :hmmm:

tooge 02-24-2014 12:49 PM

thats a Weber Smokey Mountain. It comes in 18" and 22.5". I have the bigger one but either will do. I've seen guys modify them with a gas insert and a propane line as well, but that sort of defeats the purpose.

kevonm 02-24-2014 01:43 PM

Weber ep330. Thing is boss. I wish the side burner was optional in the Genesis line. The only thing I use it for is lighting my charcoal chimney thingy.

scho63 02-24-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10450638)
thats a Weber Smokey Mountain. It comes in 18" and 22.5". I have the bigger one but either will do. I've seen guys modify them with a gas insert and a propane line as well, but that sort of defeats the purpose.

Thank you kindly sir

scho63 06-10-2014 11:36 AM

Anyone own one of these propane grills?

4 Attachment(s)
I realize for $200 I should not expect the world but to pay $1000-1200 for the same sized Weber doesn't do it for me.

My community will not allow a charcoal grill on the decks

Any comments or reviews or past experience with this brand would be greatly appreciated. :thumb:

Silock 06-10-2014 11:38 AM

It will last a year or two. Maybe three if you're diligent about replacing the parts that rust out.

scho63 06-10-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10682020)
It will last a year or two. Maybe three if you're diligent about replacing the parts that rust out.

So I should absolutely get a cover or will that do little?

KCUnited 06-10-2014 11:44 AM

Yeah, one of my wife's vendors gave us a CharBroil gas grill as a wedding gift (lol), it's on year 3 and I'm looking to replace it. They rust fast, so I'd get a decent cover for it. Plus, I'd see if they'd sell you that display. You need Tyler Wilson size hands to put that together. I walked away from that assembly all gnarled up and angry.

scho63 06-10-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 10682032)
Yeah, one of my wife's vendors gave us a CharBroil gas grill as a wedding gift (lol), it's on year 3 and I'm looking to replace it. They rust fast, so I'd get a decent cover for it. Plus, I'd see if they'd sell you that display. You need Tyler Wilson size hands to put that together. I walked away from that assembly all gnarled up and angry.

Thanks-I may just do that if I buy it. They had 4 put together already on display

Just Passin' By 06-10-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 10682014)
I realize for $200 I should not expect the world but to pay $1000-1200 for the same sized Weber doesn't do it for me.

My community will not allow a charcoal grill on the decks

Any comments or reviews or past experience with this brand would be greatly appreciated. :thumb:

1.) Buy a lower level Weber.

2.) Tell your community to **** off.

Those need not be separate options.