ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football NFL considers banning academically ineligible players from Scouting Combine (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274356)

mcaj22 07-07-2013 06:40 PM

didnt we just have 4 years of the "Scooter Pioli Right 53 plan where he tried to draft players that were "leaders" and captains of their team"

how did that work out. One guy committed a murder-suicide and the others are either already traded, cut, not resigned or will be struggling to make the team after TC.

That didnt work for this team the last 4 years, and I think a lot of teams noticed, especially the ones that go after the bad characters good athletic talent for that high risk high reward.

Setsuna 07-07-2013 06:51 PM

I have a question...are student athletes required to take finance classes in college or seminars as well as even criminal justice classes? If not, they should.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton Bibsby (Post 9797430)
I have a question...are student athletes required to take finance classes in college or seminars as well as even criminal justice classes? If not, they should.

Because less than 300 students per 450,000 actually end up in the pros each year and most of those never last a year.

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9796814)
That'll solve murders!

Nope but it might keep the shield from being tarnished as much.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9797626)
Nope but it might keep the shield from being tarnished as much.

How so? They'd still be scouted and drafted.

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 08:30 PM

If the League truly wanted to stop it they would punish the teams for player conduct when said player has a history and teams choose to hire and play them then those teams could be fined or punished in some way for employing those types of people.

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797630)
How so? They'd still be scouted and drafted.

Some but not as many would be scouted and drafted. Plus it would give a public appearance that the NFL is taking a stand against these types of activities and or the people that cause them.

tk13 07-07-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9797410)
didnt we just have 4 years of the "Scooter Pioli Right 53 plan where he tried to draft players that were "leaders" and captains of their team"

how did that work out. One guy committed a murder-suicide and the others are either already traded, cut, not resigned or will be struggling to make the team after TC.

That didnt work for this team the last 4 years, and I think a lot of teams noticed, especially the ones that go after the bad characters good athletic talent for that high risk high reward.

Nobody ever agrees with me... but the right 53 was never about finding role models. It isn't in New England either. Look at Vrabel, Belcher, Hernandez... we could go on and on in both KC and NE. It was about finding guys that actually liked playing football and would fall in line and listen to the coaches. It was more militant than moral. But I agree that's not how it'll be remembered.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9797640)
If the League truly wanted to stop it they would punish the teams for player conduct when said player has a history and teams choose to hire and play them then those teams could be fined or punished in some way for employing those types of people.

Good God. Stop what?

And you DO realize that the LEAGUE is the NFL owners themselves, right?

Goodell and the NFL office personnel are are hired and fired by the owners.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9797646)
Some but not as many would be scouted and drafted. Plus it would give a public appearance that the NFL is taking a stand against these types of activities and or the people that cause them.

Complete bullshit.

Vontaze Burfict is the perfect example.

Do you always talk out of your ass or just on Chiefsplanet?

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797657)
Good God. Stop what?

And you DO realize that the LEAGUE is the NFL owners themselves, right?

Goodell and the NFL office personnel are are hired and fired by the owners.

Stop What?? You paying attention?? Stop the constant negative publicity of murderers, gun arrests, drug and alcohol arrests, DWI convictions, etc.
Those are all recent player activities that tarnishes the NFL.
Yeah I realize that. You realize that the owners can use the commissioner to make the NFL seem like a separate entity. You do realize that the owners have to vote. It isn't as if one owner can just make anything happen. It takes a committee of owners.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9797683)
Stop What?? You paying attention?? Stop the constant negative publicity of murderers, gun arrests, drug and alcohol arrests, DWI convictions, etc.
Those are all recent player activities that tarnishes the NFL.
Yeah I realize that. You realize that the owners can use the commissioner to make the NFL seem like a separate entity. You do realize that the owners have to vote. It isn't as if one owner can just make anything happen. It takes a committee of owners.

The NFL is so full of murderers that taking a kid to a game is likely to end in death.

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797660)
Complete bullshit.

Vontaze Burfict is the perfect example.

Do you always talk out of your ass or just on Chiefsplanet?

Who is talking out their ass again? Burfict went undrafted even if he was scouted he went undrafted.
He could have been drafted fairly early in the middle rounds.
We don't know for sure that he will not do something stupid to tarnish the NFL.

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797687)
The NFL is so full of murderers that taking a kid to a game is likely to end in death.

I see you still go to over reaction when you are wrong. Nice cherry picking only one thing out of all those that I posted that put the NFL in a negative spotlight instead of realizing those are all things that players have been punished for tarnishing the shield by their behavior.

Setsuna 07-07-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797440)
Because less than 300 students per 450,000 actually end up in the pros each year and most of those never last a year.

Well true but they still have the potential to be successful. If you had taken a finance class in college, do you think you'd be better off right now or not?