ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What to expect from Justin Houston this year (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273157)

Rasputin 05-18-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9690486)
If Poe continues to develop in the middle and gets that push that keeps the QB from stepping up in the pocket, Hali and Houston could have 28-30 sacks between them.

I would still move Poe over to T Jack spot as I think he has more versatility along the line but not great power over the middle. Then put Powe over the center and see what happens.

That way we can get Poe and Powe on the field at the same time.

Even if for just a few packages a game.

This could help out in the sacks for the linebackers imo.

MTG#10 05-18-2013 10:52 AM

18 sacks this year

Bowser 05-18-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9689878)
MOAR PAIN!!!!

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i...-10-1329-1.jpg

Gonzo 05-18-2013 11:34 AM

He's got the potential to be one of the best LB's in the game right now. If they do install the attack D that we're expecting this year, the defense will win several games on its own. KC could have the best D in the league this year if they do this right and just blitz like a mofo 80% of the time.

Rasputin 05-18-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9690571)
He's got the potential to be one of the best LB's in the game right now. If they do install the attack D that we're expecting this year, the defense will win several games on its own. KC could have the best D in the league this year if they do this right and just blitz like a mofo 80% of the time.

I can be down with this :D

At least something to be excited about this season.

With the added blitzes then I'm going to add and expect more turnovers as a result from the blitzes. Sounds good to me. Force passes too soon or stripping the quarterback of the ball as he is hit. Stripping his pride and dignity all together.

Bowser 05-18-2013 11:42 AM

Just look at the defensive backfield we have going. Our corners are built for press coverage, and Poe has the potential to be a beast in an attacking 1-gap style. Just what you look for in blitzing 3-4 scheme.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-18-2013 12:12 PM

You guys are giving me hope.....stop it!!

Where's mjac to tell us you need 2 deep in ProBowlers at all 11 positions to have a top defense?

Halfcan 05-18-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

If Poe continues to develop in the middle and gets that push that keeps the QB from stepping up in the pocket, Hali and Houston could have 28-30 sacks between them.

:thumb:

MrGiggity 05-18-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

If they put up those type of numbers I would be soooooooooooo happy.

ThaVirus 05-18-2013 01:22 PM

I'd like to think Houston and Hali will bust out 30 sacks between the two of them, but I still feel we're too weak at the DE positions for that to happen. I have absolutely zero faith in any DE we have on this roster to generate consistent pressure on passing downs.

Sfeihc 05-18-2013 01:24 PM

I expect Houston and Hali to meet at Peyton Manning's leg and make a bone stick out from the skin. That's all.

RunKC 05-18-2013 02:23 PM

I'm still worried about the DL . Devito has played in this system and didn't do jack in the pass rush.

Jackson had a little success at the end of last year, but I'm not confident in him either. Poe on the other hand looks like he could be a solid NT in the 1 gap.

It's all up to the DL. They don't even have to rack up sacks. I'll be happy if they consistently get push up the middle and take away the space for a QB to step up in the pocket and feel uncomfortable.

Halfcan 05-18-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9690721)
I'm still worried about the DL . Devito has played in this system and didn't do jack in the pass rush.

Jackson had a little success at the end of last year, but I'm not confident in him either. Poe on the other hand looks like he could be a solid NT in the 1 gap.

It's all up to the DL. They don't even have to rack up sacks. I'll be happy if they consistently get push up the middle and take away the space for a QB to step up in the pocket and feel uncomfortable.

I want to see hard hitting sacks. Lots of them.

durtyrute 05-18-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9689967)
I expect to see a lot more of this this season.

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com...n-11-12-12.gif

That was a sack and a fumble.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-18-2013 05:45 PM

Called back right?

Wasn't that the 2nd TD call they got boned on? Don't recall if it was a legit call or not. I know for sure they got ****ed against Baltimore.

How easily this team could have beaten playoff caliber teams like Balt, Pitt, Indy, and Denver last year with even DECENT QB play.