ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ESPN Audibles talking Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272659)

chop 04-30-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9646923)
It's hard to underestimate just how bad that coaching was last season, in my opinion.

Coaching and bad QB play really costs some games last year. I think the Chiefs have a good opportunity to compete for the division.

PA Chiefs 04-30-2013 07:03 PM

Cutting the turnovers and having someone who can complete 60% of his passes plus the defense staying or marginally improving we should win at least 9-10 games.

Chris Meck 04-30-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9646968)
Quintupling a win total rarely happens in any sport bro

I'm aware. I'm also aware that we had historically bad QB play, and while some here would paint Alex Smith as the same, that's simply not the case. We also had a joke for an offensive coordinator, a head coach who was at best confused and ineffective, an outdate defensive system that put no pressure on the QB despite having two excellent edge pass rushers, and had no legitimate NFL CB talent other than Flowers.

That's how you can go 2-14 and have that many pro bowlers. It's called imcompetence. I think the free agent signings filled most of the holes, the draft looks solid, and the coaching staff is full of proven winners. It's going to make a big difference I think.

keg in kc 04-30-2013 07:08 PM

It's still a bad division, so they'll compete. This should be an 7 or 8 win team with or without Alex Smith. The main complaint with him is that he's marginal improvement for premium price. If we can get Matt Cassel 2010 out of him then we can certainly get a wildcard and then get obliterated in the first round. Which would technically be improvement, but the road needs to continue well beyond that.

Chris Meck 04-30-2013 07:11 PM

I would agree with all of that. I think Andy Reid can get that out of Smith.

AlexSmithDynasty 04-30-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic (Post 9646880)
Thank God that experiment is past tense and we have a physically gifted rookie QB for our staff to work with. Bray's floor is Jeff George and his ceiling is Brett Favre.

Lol what? Jeff George was a number 1 overall pick and a starter, Bray is undrafted and will most likely never see the field outside of pre season.

JohnnyV13 04-30-2013 07:15 PM

Yeah, I think they'll be better. Coaching and more ball possession will help.

kcxiv 04-30-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9646843)
Who would you have preferred at QB?

A rookie, i would state the obvious, but we went down that road already! Hell, i rather see Barkley then Alex Smith and im not even a Barkley fan.

At least one is unknown at the next level. We know Alex Smith is Average at best. So we are just delaying the inevitable. I dont believe in stop gaps. The whole Chiefs organization is a stop gap.

patteeu 04-30-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic (Post 9646880)
It's cool to be an hater on CP. There's isn't a damn thing that Dorsey could have done to make the glass half empty crowd happy. Am I ectatic to have A. Smith as QB, hell no. But, ANYBODY other than Matt Cassel is better in my eyes. Thank God that experiment is past tense and we have a physically gifted rookie QB for our staff to work with. Bray's floor is Jeff George and his ceiling is Brett Favre.

I agree with all of this but the Bray bit. IMO, Bray's floor is Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell. If he becomes a Jeff George as an UDFA, he's a steal.

Marcellus 04-30-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9647019)
A rookie, i would state the obvious, but we went down that road already! Hell, i rather see Barkley then Alex Smith and im not even a Barkley fan.

At least one is unknown at the next level. We know Alex Smith is Average at best. So we are just delaying the inevitable. I dont believe in stop gaps. The whole Chiefs organization is a stop gap.

You are an idiot.

Fat Elvis 04-30-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9646968)
Quintupling a win total rarely happens in any sport bro

Do you have any idea how bad the Faid and Bolts are? There are 4 wins right there. Split with the Donks (we actually have the talent to do that) and you are at 5. Do you really think we will lose to the Jags? We're up to six already. Add in the Tits, Browns, Bills and Iggles and we have our 10 win season.

Hammock Parties 04-30-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9647161)
Do you have any idea how bad the Faid and Bolts are?

So bad that...they swept us?

BigRedChief 04-30-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9646896)
WOO HOO!!!! IT'S GONNA BE 1995 AGAIN!!!! 13 - 3!!! HOME FIELD!!!

...and lose in the first round again due to piss poor QB play.

Welllll i would consider that a ****ing fantastic first year.:rolleyes:

Discuss Thrower 04-30-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9647161)
Do you have any idea how bad the Faid and Bolts are? There are 4 wins right there. Split with the Donks (we actually have the talent to do that) and you are at 5. Do you really think we will lose to the Jags? We're up to six already. Add in the Tits, Browns, Bills and Iggles and we have our 10 win season.

The AFC West is never as easy as people think it should be.

BossChief 04-30-2013 08:08 PM

Alex Myth to the rescue!!!