ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy on with Petro... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272625)

BlackHelicopters 04-29-2013 02:45 PM

Petro springing for the snacks?

Marcellus 04-29-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 9643927)
Great interview. Pretty obvious that the Chiefs did their homework on the draft picks. I was impressed with the level of research they did. Reid knew a lot of detail on the players, both on-field & off-field. Stuff that us armchair GM's would not be privy to or just wouldn't have the resources to investigate. Left me even more confident about where this franchise is headed under Reid/Dorsey. Can't wait to see what this team looks like on Sept 8th. Anyone going to Jax for that game?

Blasphemy!/CP

Direckshun 04-29-2013 03:10 PM

Is there a link to listen to this?

xztop123 04-29-2013 03:15 PM

stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=26&c=373&f=1356351

bevischief 04-29-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 9643927)
Great interview. Pretty obvious that the Chiefs did their homework on the draft picks. I was impressed with the level of research they did. Reid knew a lot of detail on the players, both on-field & off-field. Stuff that us armchair GM's would not be privy to or just wouldn't have the resources to investigate. Left me even more confident about where this franchise is headed under Reid/Dorsey. Can't wait to see what this team looks like on Sept 8th. Anyone going to Jax for that game?

You didn't see the thread about it?

BossChief 04-29-2013 05:25 PM

Thanks for the info, guys.

Good stuff.

Ya know...somebody should make an official thread for use when the Chiefs are talked about on tv or the radi...something to bump...

Anyong Bluth 04-29-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9644416)
Thanks for the info, guys.

Good stuff.

Ya know...somebody should make an official thread for use when the Chiefs are talked about on tv or the radi...something to bump...

Well if someone will change this thread title, I think this one works and then start a fresh one right after the draft each year.

Maybe the title should be:

___ talks with ___... *** Official KC players & personnel media interviews ***

penbrook 04-29-2013 06:32 PM

Per Soren Petro

#Chiefs *HC Andy Reid says Knile Davis can contribute and rotate in right away. Says he could be the most talented RB in draft.

Anyong Bluth 04-29-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9644614)
Per Soren Petro

#Chiefs *HC Andy Reid says Knile Davis can contribute and rotate in right away. Says he could be the most talented RB in draft.

That's funny because I sent him an email earlier today about Davis and some got a reply back saying he liked it and planned on bringing up what I wrote and information linked about the guy...

Guess he's getting people's curiosity up to discuss it.

BigBeauford 04-29-2013 07:14 PM

He could also end up just like Moekei. He should some flash, but his college injury concerns have come to fruition.

Rausch 04-29-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9644834)
He could also end up just like Moekei. He should some flash, but his college injury concerns have come to fruition.

If those two can't stay healthy as back ups or rotational players they're ****ed...

Anyong Bluth 04-29-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9644892)
If those two can't stay healthy as back ups or rotational players they're ****ed...

see below.

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9644834)

Ya, definitely is a red flag, but can we not piss away any or all hope just yet that maybe they hit on the pick.

I simply ask that out of my own selfish desire after watching tape on the guy and envisioning what awesome damage a 230lbs burner with a 6th gear could do to opposing defenses if he panned out.

BigBeauford 04-29-2013 07:42 PM

Absolutely, I don't question his potential. Just wonder if that potential couldn't be had later.

BossChief 04-29-2013 08:19 PM

I have to say...I love the confidence John Dorsey placed in his coaching staff with the players we took.

Almost all of them have a real bust factor, but for reasons that coaching can prevent. They also have a huge BOOM potential.

If these picks work out the way these guys planned, this is gonna be a fun team to watch again.

Anyong Bluth 04-29-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9645170)
I have to say...I love the confidence John Dorsey placed in his coaching staff with the players we took.

Almost all of them have a real bust factor, but for reasons that coaching can prevent. They also have a huge BOOM potential.

If these picks work out the way these guys planned, this is gonna be a fun team to watch again.

Heard that mentioned too earlier today and agree. Some added risk but it could potentially have a huge payoff... at this point and with little financial cap hell worries thanks to the new rookie pay scale, it may be smart to become more embracing of risk reward picks.

There was a discussion talking about the the trend in the NBA to emphasis on 3 pt shots - which has seen the value of big men decline so much and the lack of as many true centers in the league. Point being. Even though you're taking a lower % shot (higher risk) the point differential if you as a team can shoot around 38% from take the 3 vs. a surer high % 2pt shot (greater reward) against say a more traditional lineup that relies on a majority of their scoring from inside the arc then even though you're success rate may be lower you have actually picked up the equivocal of an additional 4-10 possessions per game. In addition having long range shooters and your forwards that can step out and shoot it effectively neutralizes a lot of the post height advantage by forcing their bigs to have to step out to guard their taller guys able to make those perimeter shots which means you free up the lanes for your guards to penetrate and get to the basket.

Hope that's not confusing - my point being is there may be validity to rethinking how you draft when you can gamble on potential guys now that it doesn't spell certain salary cap hell.