ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Well, this doesn't make much sense. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272504)

Marcellus 04-26-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9630693)
Quit trying to mind **** it.

Just come to the realization that this regime is as shitty as the last one.

LMAO

So do you always blame the other person when you dont get your way?

Is every issue in your life someon elses fault?

ChiTown 04-26-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 9630703)
Andy Reid truly views Alex Smith as his TWO 2nd round pickS well spent.
Posted via Mobile Device

FIFY

Sorter 04-26-2013 08:59 AM

It's too bad we didn't draft Floyd at 1.1.

Then we would have gone cross-eyed.

Codered 04-26-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 9630701)
According to Reid, Fisher can pretty much play anywhere in the line.
Posted via Mobile Device

While that is true. Who drafts a RT at 1.1? That's my only question with that reasoning.

Fritz88 04-26-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo (Post 9630700)
Nope. Keep BA and play him at LT this year and Fisher at RT. Make Miami suck it for trading with the Raiders.

I think Ireland has taken the bait and he isn't worried about it because he has enough picks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Messier 04-26-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9630696)
On the presumption the Chiefs have to move Albert. If the Chiefs don't have to move Albert, because either he or Fisher can be swung to the right, or there are more teams than the Dolphins interested in him, then the Chiefs' leverage has gone up instead.

They don't have to move Albert.

philfree 04-26-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9630704)
Worked out for the Bengals.

The Bengals are looking pretty good for the Bengals but I don't think I'd ever want to follow their lead.

WV 04-26-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 9630703)
Andy Reid truly views Alex Smith as his 2nd round pick well spent.
Posted via Mobile Device

To be fair Andy Reid also loved him some Mike Vick.

aturnis 04-26-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9630696)
On the presumption the Chiefs have to move Albert. If the Chiefs don't have to move Albert, because either he or Fisher can be swung to the right, or there are more teams than the Dolphins interested in him, then the Chiefs' leverage has gone up instead.

Chiefs have zero urgency to move Albert. Fischer stated weeks ago he'd gladly play RT. Add that Dorsey played Bulgaria at RT as a 1st round rookie and it's a non issue.

Albert's stock went up b/c so many tackles went off the board early and many teams still have a need. Albert was the best LT available yesterday, now, he's head and shoulders best available.

Any team left would spend the same on Albert as they a would an unproven, low ceiling rookie.

No brainer. More than just Miami should be in talks now.

Chief Roundup 04-26-2013 09:02 AM

You are assuming that they wanted one of the top QBs in this draft. They may not have liked any of them very well.
You are assuming that they wanted to get rid of albert. They may have wanted him to see his market without losing him.

Sorter 04-26-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9630719)
The Bengals are looking pretty good for the Bengals but I don't think I'd ever want to follow their lead.

49ers used the same strategy. At the time they selected Kaepernick, nobody thought Alex Smith was even as good as Cassel.

noa 04-26-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9630707)
FIFY

Yep, sadly. I disagree with him like hell, but it's the only way you can look at this and try to make some sense of it.
Posted via Mobile Device

WV 04-26-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9630721)
Chiefs have zero urgency to move Albert. Fischer stated weeks ago he'd gladly play RT. Add that Dorsey played Bulgaria at RT as a 1st round rookie and it's a non issue.

Albert's stock went up b/c so many tackles went off the board early and many teams still have a need. Albert was the best LT available yesterday, now, he's head and shoulders best available.

Any team left would spend the same on Albert as they a would an unproven, low ceiling rookie.

No brainer. More than just Miami should be in talks now.

Agreed.

And I don't know why anyone is surprised by how this unfolded. We are Chiefs fans after all.

Fairplay 04-26-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9630656)
Oh no, I've gone cross-eyed.

They have operations to correct cross-eye Direckshun.

Amnorix 04-26-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 9630701)
According to Reid, Fisher can pretty much play anywhere in the line.
Posted via Mobile Device

Then 'phins leverage probably didn't go up, and since the first round was very OL heavy, leverage may have swung to the Chiefs.

Obviously the point of OLine is to roll out the best five guys you can. You don't take a guy at 1.1 to play anywhere except LT, of course, but if they don't like the value the 'phins are offering, they can think to themselves that they will keep both for this year, swinging one of them to somewhere else on the line, and then trade Albert next year (franchise and trade, if need be).

Obviously that's a worst case scenario. Point is that leverage didn't swing to the Dolphins if that is a realistic plan (if not a preferred plan).