ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Could this end up being a more disappointing offseason than 2009? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271051)

jd1020 03-12-2013 03:54 PM

I'm going to say yes.

There was 1 QB in the 2009 draft and he went #1.

This year the Chiefs have #1. They needed to make a move at QB and they choose to go from Cassel and Quinn to Alex Smith and Chase Daniel. Now we are looking at trading down and picking a RT/future LT and trading Albert in a year.

What a ****ing disaster. The Chiefs are doomed to forever be morons.

WV 03-12-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9489779)
I'm going to say yes.

There was 1 QB in the 2009 draft and he went #1.

This year the Chiefs have #1. They needed to make a move at QB and they choose to go from Cassel and Quinn to Alex Smith and Chase Daniel. Now we are looking at trading down and picking a RT/future LT and trading Albert in a year.

What a ****ing disaster.

Prett accurate and pretty depressing.

keg in kc 03-12-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9489763)
Just like 2009, this draft ****ing sucks. Biggest difference is there is no Matt Stafford in this draft.

That's exactly what I'm talking about in terms of circumstance. The irony being that our two highest picks in franchise history have come in those two particular drafts.

DJ's left nut 03-12-2013 03:55 PM

Nope.

wazu 03-12-2013 03:56 PM

Yes.

ToxSocks 03-12-2013 03:56 PM

This is the first off season since the start of the vermiel era that i can honestly say that i've stopped giving a shit. Matter of fact, i had completely forgotten that free agency had started until i logged in. In seasons past, i'd be refreshing CP as if it were christmas morning.

The Alex Smith trade killed this offseason for me. And Now Chase Daniel? Yeah....if the Chiefs start winning I'll start caring, until then, same shit different day.

Hammock Parties 03-12-2013 03:56 PM

If the passing game looks like shit in September, yeah, worst offseason ever.

notorious 03-12-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9489789)
This is the first off season since the start of the vermiel era that i can honestly say that i've stopped giving s shit. Matter of fact, i had completely forgotten that free agency had started until i logged in. In seasons past, i'd be refreshing CP as if it were christmas morning.

The Alex Smith trade killed this offseason for me. And Now Chase Daniel? Yeah....if the Chiefs start winning I'll start caring, until then, same shit different day.

Last offseason did it for me. When we kept Cassel, my "Give a ****" meter went into the negative.

HemiEd 03-12-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9489760)
Reid saw how everyone did it in the past and figured he'd do it differently. So he traded for a backup and then signed a backup.

But the Hunt's don't dictate these moves, it is just coincidence that the very same ****ing thing has been repeated for 30 years now, under 3 GMS and 7 HCs.

keg in kc 03-12-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9489778)
I don't see how it can, with the 1.1 and the first(ish) pick in every round except the 2nd still inbound. Even the people disappointed in the apparent QB direction should appreciate the re-signings and the attempts to shore up weak areas with solid but not spectacular FAs (given that the spectacular ones almost never live up to the hype). Get your "bright side" hat on and fill yourself with positive self-talk.

The other way of looking at it is that they're basically making the same kind of moves in 2013 that they made in 2009. Which would make this year seem more disappointing to me, because they can look back at 2009 and see just how well that approach worked.

That's actually the point I intended to make. I guess I didn't do a very good job of it.

The Franchise 03-12-2013 04:00 PM

This organization just doubled down on the True Fans. Trade for Alex Smith and signed the local boy.

Dayze 03-12-2013 04:01 PM

Yes.

ToxSocks 03-12-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9489819)
This organization just doubled down on the True Fans. Trade for Alex Smith and signed the local boy.

Tickets will be sold. Unicorns will shit Rainbows all over Arrowhead on Sunday.

Buehler445 03-12-2013 04:02 PM

I didn't think it could get worse than Herm. Then it did.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-12-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9489819)

This.

Trues fans just remember Smith getting to the NFC Championship game, and you nailed it by bringing in the local kid.

They are just trying to sell season tickets again.

**** this franchise.