ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Would the following situation make you NOT freak out about not drafting Geno Smith? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270368)

Reaper16 02-24-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9434238)
Only Matt Barkley.

Ask me if there's a remote chance that Barkley is available at 2, though.

My thoughts exactly.

AustinChief 02-24-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9434383)
This draft has tons of players that would be good in the 8-12 range. A lot of those players will get drafted into the late 20s in the first round. Absolute ****ing steals.

OK OK OK, let's Madden this bitch up...

we trade our #1 overall for a pick in the 8-12 range and a Rnd 2 AND a 2014 Rnd 1 We then trade that 2014 Rnd 1 pick to swap our top Rnd 2 pick with a Rnd 1 20-25 pick!

BAM!

Ok, now that may be just a bit ridiculous. :D

BTW I do agree with you, should be some serious mid to late Rnd 1 value

AustinChief 02-24-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9434417)
I didn't want Joe Montana & I don't want Alex Smith I don't care how dumb I sound it's been 30 years of passing on a QB in the first round. I want a first round QBotf to have hope for the next 10+ years that we can have a window of opportunity to win Super Bowls.

I WANT us to draft a first round superstar QB as well... but if the ****ING GUY ISN'T THERE then you don't simply waste the pick. I like Geno Smith at #1 more than any other player even if I'm not sold that he is a clear cut #1 overall pick... but I am not going to act like an idiot if I don't get my way.

Since when did CP become the stupid Chiefs BBS? Didn't we used to be the smart one?

AustinChief 02-24-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9434409)
Only Chiefs fans would consider Montana and Green as successes.

Most fans count playoff wins and Lombardi trophies. We define "success" like the Browns and Lions.

I think you saw the point I was making though?

The point was to show how ridiculously stupid it is to say that Alex Smith (if he even comes here) is a failure and "more of the same" before he plays a down. Especially if we still take a QB early in the draft.

NJChiefsFan 02-24-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9434395)
OR he represents every retread success... Dawson, Green, Montana... See how stupid that last statement looks? Yeah, that's exactly how your knee jerk reactions look. I understand your frustration, but don't let it make you dumb.

It's beyond stupid to judge a guy like Smith before he even has a chance to play a down here. And to be honest, Smith for a 4th rounder is a damn good deal if it plays out that way.

Montana and Green could have been successes. They weren't though. I picked the first option, although I don't think the QB will be there in the 2nd. In your scenario though I would be a lot happier than I am tonight.

Rasputin 02-24-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9434460)
I WANT us to draft a first round superstar QB as well... but if the ****ING GUY ISN'T THERE then you don't simply waste the pick. I like Geno Smith at #1 more than any other player even if I'm not sold that he is a clear cut #1 overall pick... but I am not going to act like an idiot if I don't get my way.

Since when did CP become the stupid Chiefs BBS? Didn't we used to be the smart one?

Taking a chance on a kid is part of the thrill and fun of it all. The risk and reward is what I want to take the risk and take a chance on the best QB prospect comming out and have hope for a change of direction.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9434479)
I think you saw the point I was making though?

The point was to show how ridiculously stupid it is to say that Alex Smith (if he even comes here) is a failure and "more of the same" before he plays a down. Especially if we still take a QB early in the draft.

It's not stupid at all.

If you take 4 rocks and throw them at a window, breaking the glass, is it reasonable to assume that the window will suddenly withstand the 5th rock and remain unbroken?

We've seen this before. Several times even.

Alex Smith doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Setsuna 02-24-2013 08:24 PM

I'm going to say no because waiting for Alex Smith's contract to be up will make all of the exceptional talent on the team that much older and worse for the wear. So Gaz option for me.

Rasputin 02-24-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9434500)
Taking a chance on a kid is part of the thrill and fun of it all. The risk and reward is what I want to take the risk and take a chance on the best QB prospect comming out and have hope for a change of direction.

Maybe the reward could be 10+ years of great QB play with Super Bowl and crushing the division who the **** knows? I'd like to take that chance to find out with a QB of our own from the draft instead of some other teams reject that we have filled this team last 30years with.

Stupid Blackledge curse just wont let us take another QBotf in the first round. Hope we break the curse with Geno Smith.

patteeu 02-24-2013 08:30 PM

Yes, that would be great.

Bowser 02-24-2013 08:30 PM

There's no lipstick fit for this turd of a situation.

FRCDFED 02-24-2013 08:34 PM

The only thing I would change is going BPA in every round.

Molitoth 02-24-2013 08:37 PM

Id still be pissed passing over geno, but i woulnt freak out if we could get milliner and Barkley, but it isn't going to happen.

AustinChief 02-24-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9434504)
It's not stupid at all.

If you take 4 rocks and throw them at a window, breaking the glass, is it reasonable to assume that the window will suddenly withstand the 5th rock and remain unbroken?

We've seen this before. Several times even.

Alex Smith doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit. I am not going to say that Smith IS going to be good (if he even comes here).. but to say he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt is incredibly stupid. YOU are far too smart for idiotic statements like this. Smith had absolute dogshit for coaching his entire pro career until Harbaugh showed up. Under Harbaugh he has been a solid, far above average QB.

Rasputin 02-24-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9434659)
Bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit. I am not going to say that Smith IS going to be good (if he even comes here).. but to say he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt is incredibly stupid. YOU are far too smart for idiotic statements like this. Smith had absolute dogshit for coaching his entire pro career until Harbaugh showed up. Under Harbaugh he has been a solid, far above average QB.

I would expect with Alex Smith comming here he would have to prove himself right away and will start to press his throws and he will throw more INTs even with Reid as coach. Andy Reid wants to throw a ton of balls in this offense. That is not what Alex Smith is going be good at he counts on playaction and the running game to be successful.

Alex Smith is game manager not game winner.