ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Re: SNR & everybody who claims that the non-Geno talent atop this draft is "garbage." (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270362)

htismaqe 02-24-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9433254)
I fail to see how a guy who basically started 1 year in college (Sanchez) was considered a better prospect than Geno Smith?

What are the scouts seeing in Geno that suggests he's not a top tier QB prospect?

It's not what they're seeing. It's what they're not seeing, namely Andrew Luck.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9433255)
you've proved our point

none of the talent this year would be in the top 5 of the last 5 years...unless you give them 'ties'

putting gabbert ahead of smith is pure nonsense

and none of this changes the central vapidity of your argument...reaching for mythological value (just rhetorical cover for playing it 'safe')...

but have fun passing on QBs for another decade, this value thing you've got going has served the chiefs well...

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

RealSNR 02-24-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9433243)
No, I'm responding to the ludicrus bullshit you threw my way, calling all of these prospects "garbage" in earnest.

They are legitimately on par with what we've had in drafts past in the top 10.

Fair point. If I may, though, I WAS half kidding. I thought it would be obvious the way I labeled each player a silly brand of garbage like I was playing a game of Duck Duck Goose.

In the meantime, though, my point still stands that none of the non-QBs this year are worthy of the #1 overall pick. I might STILL even argue that half of the guys on your list should be left out of the top 5 considerations in a "normal" draft class. The notable exceptions are the OTs, who for many stated reasons that have been discussed the past 3 months on this BB, should NOT be remotely touched by Kansas City.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-24-2013 05:22 PM

-------If we arent going to Draft Geno 1.1....

Resign Albert.

Trade for Foles.

Draft DeMarcus Milliner in the 1st.

Direckshun 02-24-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9433255)
you've proved our point

none of the talent this year would be in the top 5 of the last 5 years...unless you give them 'ties'

putting gabbert ahead of smith is pure nonsense

and none of this changes the central vapidity of your argument...reaching for mythological value (just rhetorical cover for playing it 'safe')...

but have fun passing on QBs for another decade, this value thing you've got going has served the chiefs well...

Gabbert surprised almost everybody on this board when he slid to #10. The Jaguars trading for him was considered a huge success.

But it doesn't matter -- you can disagree with my rankings.

I'm not shitting on a Geno pick. I'm just saying the idea that he is the only sensible selection at #1 because all the other players are "garbage" is SNR, overplaying his hand.

RealSNR 02-24-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9433270)
Please.

"A lot of question marks."

He would have been taken #1 overall by anybody. You're rewriting history.

He was one of the best prospects we've seen. There was literally no question he was the best player in that year's draft.

Geno Smith is just as strong of a QB prospect as Matt Stafford, and in some ways, he's a much safer one.

Now, if you wish to argue with me on that point, we can continue that in this thread or go somewhere else.

Rasputin 02-24-2013 05:24 PM

How the **** would you have Gabbert and Sanchez in front of Geno Smith??????????

Direckshun 02-24-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9433275)
Fair point. If I may, though, I WAS half kidding. I thought it would be obvious the way I labeled each player a silly brand of garbage like I was playing a game of Duck Duck Goose.

Welcome to rationality. :p

As of February 24th, 2013, we are officially having the conversation we need to be having.

MagicHef 02-24-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9433251)
Matt Stafford had a lot of question marks coming out of college. But the Lions ignored that and chose to see him as a guy who would INSTANTLY dig them out of that shit hole if he turned out to be great.

Had they gone the safe route with Eugene Monroe, who knows how terrible they would be? It's possible we would have had problems with them in the race to the #1 overall pick this past season.

I'm not sure the Lions are the best evidence for your position. They won two more games than the Chiefs.

Direckshun 02-24-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9433283)
Geno Smith is just as strong of a QB prospect as Matt Stafford, and in some ways, he's a much safer one.

Now, if you wish to argue with me on that point, we can continue that in this thread or go somewhere else.

Well, that's aside from my broader point, but it's a fun conversation so let's have it.

Stafford: absolutely huge body, bigger arm, played in a pro-style system, and was far more consistent than Geno

RunKC 02-24-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9433251)
Matt Stafford had a lot of question marks coming out of college. But the Lions ignored that and chose to see him as a guy who would INSTANTLY dig them out of that shit hole if he turned out to be great.

Had they gone the safe route with Eugene Monroe, who knows how terrible they would be? It's possible we would have had problems with them in the race to the #1 overall pick this past season.

I always laugh when people compare Stafford and Geno. Stafford was a better prospect and it's not close.

Hootie 02-24-2013 05:28 PM

after that performance anything other than Geno at #1 is going to piss me right the **** off...

it literally makes no sense not to draft Geno Smith.

This shit franchise has the easiest ****ing decisions in the world to make. Re-sign Bowe, re-sign Albert...draft Smith.

We could literally forfeit the rest of our draft if we got Smith and I know this entire board would still be thrilled.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-24-2013 05:29 PM

Your rankings are awful.

RunKC 02-24-2013 05:31 PM

If Stafford was at the combine right now, he'd be owning Geno. Better size for the position, pro-style success in the toughest conference with the best defenses.

You can not tell me that Geno would stand a ****ing chance against Stafford in the passing drills. Stafford has a ****ing cannon and solid accuracy.

Crush 02-24-2013 05:31 PM

Any non-QB is complete garbage as the no. 1 overall pick. Is Joeckel going to put the team on his back when the Chiefs are down 23-17 with 0:35 left in the game? How about Werner or Moore? Is Star's defective heart going to march the team down the field? We need a ****ing QB. Anything else is absolute garbage.