ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Is Neil Smith a NFL HOF'r ??? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270053)

WhiteWhale 02-15-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9404624)
He never had very good receivers here IMO, but the rest I agree with entirely.

Pretty much.

Though 'shitty' 'good' 'very good' 'great' aren't exactly objective terms to start with.

DaneMcCloud 02-15-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9404624)
He never had very good receivers here IMO, but the rest I agree with entirely.

Kennison was a first rounder. Morton was more than decent. Boerighter and most of the others were average at best, but with that offensive line, ridiculous running game and HOF tight end, there really shouldn't be an excuses made for him.

Sorter 02-15-2013 12:27 AM

Kennison was okay, probably underwhelming for a 1st rounder currently but solid then given how the game has changed IMO. Morton who I loved in detroit, was underwhelming as well although like Kennison, it's probably due to how the game has changed and how I view him.

Boerigter was okay and average then.

No excuses should be made for Trent but it isn't like he had an above average receiving corp IMO.

WhiteWhale 02-15-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9404652)
Kennison was okay, probably underwhelming for a 1st rounder currently but solid then given how the game has changed IMO. Morton who I loved in detroit, was underwhelming as well although like Kennison, it's probably due to how the game has changed and how I view him.

No excuses should be made for Trent but it isn't like he had an above average receiving corp IMO.

I wasn't a fan of Morton, but like you I loved him in Detroit. It wasn't that he sucked, it's that he was constantly falling down and 'slipping' any time there was imminent contact. He never made the tough catches and often just gave up and let the ball sail to the defense.

Sorter 02-15-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9404658)
I wasn't a fan of Morton, but like you I loved him in Detroit. It wasn't that he sucked, it's that he was constantly falling down and 'slipping' any time there was imminent contact. He never made the tough catches and often just gave up and let the ball sail to the defense.

I was a kid when I got to watch him + Herman Moore + Sanders. Fun to watch though.

WhiteWhale 02-15-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9404661)
I was a kid when I got to watch him + Herman Moore + Sanders. Fun to watch though.

You forgot Perriman, but yes.

Even Scott Mitchell looked good with that crew for a season or two.

I'm from Wichita, and Barry is obviously a big deal here. I loved watching those Lions teams. Barry is still the most spectacular RB I've ever seen.

Psyko Tek 02-15-2013 12:51 AM

the only reason smith should even be considered was the flinch

DaneMcCloud 02-15-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9404652)

He didn't have an above average receiving corp but that wasn't his problem: He was accurate when protected by HOF offensive lineman and ineffective when not.

Huard should have started and finished the playoff game in 2006.

WhiteWhale 02-15-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9404700)
He didn't have an above average receiving corp but that wasn't his problem: He was accurate when protected by HOF offensive lineman and uneffective when not.

Green was pretty accurate in the moderate range, but was frustrating on shorter throws. He could miss a wide open 3 yard slant in a way that would make you want to punch the ****in' TV.

He was really good throwing 15-25 yards over the middle of the field, but he wasn't good throwing outside the hashes at all.

When pressured Trent forced passes. He did that everywhere he played.

DaneMcCloud 02-15-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9404705)
When pressured Trent forced passes. He did that everywhere he played.

Exactly

HotCarl 02-15-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9404543)
All hatred and butt-aches aside.

Does he have the stats etc, to every be a HOF'r.

100-sack club (t-24th all time)

That's his resume, in total. 100 sacks.

DaKCMan AP 02-15-2013 07:27 AM

DaKCMan AP says no.

Demonpenz 02-15-2013 07:58 AM

I never hear his name with Lawrence Taylor...Derrick Thomas....Reggie White...Bruce Smith... Jarrod Allen.

Deberg_1990 02-15-2013 08:00 AM

Welp, he did win a Super Bowl, so he probably should have recieved more consideration.

J Diddy 02-15-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9404664)
You forgot Perriman, but yes.

Even Scott Mitchell looked good with that crew for a season or two.

I'm from Wichita, and Barry is obviously a big deal here. I loved watching those Lions teams. Barry is still the most spectacular RB I've ever seen.

It was a very sad day when he retired that's for sure.