ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Sperm donor needs to pay child support? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268403)

Jenson71 01-03-2013 11:28 AM

Makes sense from a prescriptive view. People now get the point that you don't do sperm donations through a newspaper/craiglist ad. You go through a doctor.

Jenson71 01-03-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9273985)
Nuttin' surprises me anymore.

The donor was reportedly very testy after hearing the verdict.

luv 01-03-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9273986)
Do you really think Kansas is going to recognize a lesbian couple as legitimate parents?

Nope. Just putting it into general terms in order for it to sound ludicrous.

J Diddy 01-03-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9273932)
Family law has one single, immutable precedent:

Whatever happens - **** over every single male involved.

It's really absurd at this point. The entire field of family law has had so much precedent that has chipped away at the rights of men over the last 25 years that most courts essentially get the result they want (**** over the 'father') and work backwards to create a rationale for it.

For awhile I was looking at going into family law and I ended up absolutely disgusted by where the field has gone. There's really no justice in family court for men.

:clap:

alnorth 01-03-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndws (Post 9273902)
I saw that on the news. Had he used a real doctor apparently, the courts would have viewed it differently.

So, I have to ask. How did he impregnate the lesbo without a dr? Old fashioned? Turkey baister? fling it like a monkey with poop?

Thats the way it always has been, in nearly every state.

If you want to be a sperm donor, you MUST do it through a doctor or through a clinic. You CAN NOT do it on your own.

If you try to donate sperm on your own without involving a doctior or a clinic, all the legal papers in the world don't matter. You are not a sperm donor, you are dad.

This man is a friggin' moron. He could have easily found this out by looking it up, and for something this important (not wanting to be financially responsible) he should have. Too bad for him now, he's screwed.

alnorth 01-03-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9273932)
Family law has one single, immutable precedent:

Whatever happens - **** over every single male involved.

It's really absurd at this point. The entire field of family law has had so much precedent that has chipped away at the rights of men over the last 25 years that most courts essentially get the result they want (**** over the 'father') and work backwards to create a rationale for it.

For awhile I was looking at going into family law and I ended up absolutely disgusted by where the field has gone. There's really no justice in family court for men.

This is nothing new, at all.

Many, many, many idiots all over the country, for years, have learned that they are not a sperm donor because they didn't do it right.

I have no clue why this particular story made the news. Someone somewhere apparently thought this was a real story.

J Diddy 01-03-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9273954)
He should have pulled out.

Slipped her the morning after pill as he was leaving.

ndws 01-03-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9274031)
Thats the way it always has been, in nearly every state.

If you want to be a sperm donor, you MUST do it through a doctor or through a clinic. You CAN NOT do it on your own.

If you try to donate sperm on your own without involving a doctior or a clinic, all the legal papers in the world don't matter. You are not a sperm donor, you are dad.

This man is a friggin' moron. He could have easily found this out by looking it up, and for something this important (not wanting to be financially responsible) he should have. Too bad for him now, he's screwed.

Yep, you are correct. But I still want to know the process, because I'm twisted like that. They are lesbians, they apparently hate the weiner. He's not using a medical 3rd party for insemination. What happened, how did it go down??? lol

Fish 01-03-2013 11:39 AM

At least he got to bang a lesbian.....

ndws 01-03-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9274037)
This is nothing new, at all.

Many, many, many idiots all over the country, for years, have learned that they are not a sperm donor because they didn't do it right.

I have no clue why this particular story made the news. Someone somewhere apparently thought this was a real story.

It was on local news last night. I think the guy was reaching out to media outlets, hoping for a spotlight to help fix his jam. He's screwed.

Lesson to learn? Don't backalley inseminate lesbians on Craigslist. It won't work out for you.

Oh Snap 01-03-2013 11:43 AM

Artificial insemination can cost upwards of $30,000. That is a lot of money. That is probably why they went through alternative means to get pregnant. Now did he actually have sex with one of the lesbos? I still fail to see how he is liable, especially considering a written agreement of which they acknowledge? Can't they just be grateful that they didn't have to shell out an extra $30k for a child that they apparently wanted?

alnorth 01-03-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh Snap (Post 9274071)
Artificial insemination can cost upwards of $30,000. That is a lot of money. That is probably why they went through alternative means to get pregnant. Now did he actually have sex with one of the lesbos? I still fail to see how he is liable, especially considering a written agreement of which they acknowledge? Can't they just be grateful that they didn't have to shell out an extra $30k for a child that they apparently wanted?

Good for the lesbians, they saved 30k, and they get to keep the kid.

Bad for the idiot man. You can't let them "save money" if you are the sperm donor, if its your ass thats going to be on the line if the state decides to pursue you later for child support. Its the law in nearly every state.

edit: regarding the documents, if you are legally recognized to be the father (which he is, he was not a sperm donor), then you are not permitted to sign away your financial responsibility, even if you agree to waive all custody and parental rights.

Oh Snap 01-03-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9274078)
Good for the lesbians, they saved 30k, and they get to keep the kid.

Bad for the idiot man. You can't let them "save money" if you are the sperm donor, if its your ass thats going to be on the line if the state decides to pursue you later for child support. Its the law in nearly every state.

Sounds like the man was set up. Then again, as you said, no one forced him to be the donor.

Jenson71 01-03-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh Snap (Post 9274071)

I don't think written agreements (particularly by unsophisticated parties) go too far in family law issues. Your private promises don't really trump "public policy."

alnorth 01-03-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh Snap (Post 9274082)
Sounds like the man was set up. Then again, as you said, no one forced him to be the donor.

he probably wasn't set up, the stupid lesbians probably thought he'd be in the clear too. They didn't go after him, the state did.