ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs JWhit: Chiefs Shouldn't Stop With Crennel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268326)

oldman 01-01-2013 03:02 PM

Clark: "So (insert name here), what would it take for you to come to KC as the new HC?"
Mr X.: "Complete power over the roster and $4M a year. Oh yeah, Pioli has got to go."
Clark (dropping a candy wrapper and speaking into his cell phone): "Scott, you're fired."

EPodolak 01-01-2013 03:03 PM

Would have preferred to see this written last week, to help create a "whole world is watching.." notice for Clark to deal with this week.

RINGLEADER 01-01-2013 03:14 PM

One thing none of us know is what is in Pioli's contract. That could severely limit the available hands that Clark Hunt has to play.

ROYC75 01-01-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9264643)
Totally agree with Whit on Brian Kelly.

And totally agree with kicking Pioli out as soon as possible. Dragging it out over money issues, which it seems to be at this point, is going to make the situation worse before it gets better.

All of this.

siberian khatru 01-01-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 9264755)
One thing none of us know is what is in Pioli's contract. That could severely limit the available hands that Clark Hunt has to play.

Just play the winning one: Fire Pioli.

dtebbe 01-01-2013 03:20 PM

The (multi)million dollar line:

"Let Pioli walk with his money. Smart people get swindled from time to time. A bought lesson rarely goes unlearned. It’s the mistakes that go unpunished that we most often repeat."

Clark just needs to get the Vaseline out and take it.

DT

JohnnyHammersticks 01-01-2013 03:35 PM

Wow. Very, very good column. Whitlock does it again.

DeezNutz 01-01-2013 03:40 PM

Great column. 100 percent correct.

whoman69 01-01-2013 04:01 PM

Firing Crennel while keeping Pioli would be like mopping the floor with a dry mop.

FloridaMan88 01-01-2013 04:11 PM

Awesome column.

If money is not a limitation towards the Chiefs building a winner... as Clark stated clearly during his interviews yesterday... he should do the best thing for the organization and pay Fat Scott his $$$ to get as far away from KC as possible.

FAX 01-01-2013 07:04 PM

Hmmm ... I like this piece, but I disagree with the basic premise. Odd, that.

I mean, it's true that Pioli is some sort of white-collar grifter. I get that. However, I have confidence that Clark will be able to convince a head coaching candidate that he (Clark) can handle that situation and should not be considered a deterrent to coming on board.

FAX

PhillyChiefFan 01-01-2013 07:24 PM

Good article. Couldn't agree more.

PhillyChiefFan 01-01-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9265815)
Hmmm ... I like this piece, but I disagree with the basic premise. Odd, that.

I mean, it's true that Pioli is some sort of white-collar grifter. I get that. However, I have confidence that Clark will be able to convince a head coaching candidate that he (Clark) can handle that situation and should not be considered a deterrent to coming on board.

FAX

Especially since he publicly said Pioli has lost all his powers.

I'm hoping that he is putting out the vibe that Pioli is gone we are just working out the exit strategy, so fear not HC candidates.

MahiMike 01-01-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9264618)
I disagree with Whitlock - I'd keep shaming Fat Scott until he left on his own. It'd be a battle of wits. Who blinks first? At worst, I think Pioli gets his agent to request a buyout. That's something Clark could probably live with. But paying him $5M this year (and extra years if Whitlock's allusion is correct that he got quietly extended) is a non-starter.

I'd make him sit in his office masturbating all day and make him go on all sorts of wild goose chases as my employee before I just cut a big check to someone. Nope. Never would do that.

Maybe you wouldn't but I sure hope Clark does. Having the 1st pick in the draft for the 1st time in our history means everything. Clean house now and start over like an expansion team. Change the jerseys while you're at it too.

teedubya 01-01-2013 09:15 PM

How in the sam ****ing hell was Scott ****ing Pioli the Executive of the ****ing Year... FIVE ****ING TIMES?

http://media.kcchiefs.com/front-offi...l-manager.aspx