ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs A little refresher on Clark Hunt (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267765)

TEX 12-17-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9218677)
Everybody wanted to hire Scott Pioli. The Giants wanted to hire Scott Pioli. It turns out it was a bad hire. It happens.

Yep. Now the only thing worse would be not fixing the problem.

Ace Gunner 12-17-2012 03:40 PM

*grew up with the Chiefs franchise
*watched Len Dawson up close and personal
*watched the team flounder nearly all 40 years** without another QB that was good
*age 47
*7th season as Chiefs CEO

do you really need to have some other credentials to know matty c was not gonna work out once he laid that turd during the playoff game? Either he's been lied to or he's dumb as hell or this team is low priority -- like completey off the radar.

**with exception to Joe Cool

durtyrute 12-17-2012 03:48 PM

When did we last make the playoffs? What year did we have the stadium renovations? I'm not saying, I'm just saying....

DaWolf 12-17-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Everybody wanted to hire Scott Pioli. The Giants wanted to hire Scott Pioli. It turns out it was a bad hire. It happens.

Very true. And as crazy as it sounds now, there is a possibility that Pioli may have worked out in a place where there was already strong leadership in place and where he could focus on scouting and doing the things he was told and being overruled on certain decisions (IE what he had going on in NE under Belichick).

In a place with a clear vaccum of leadership once King Carl got canned, it just turns out that this was a bad hire in large part because Pioli does not understand or cannot handle leadership at an organizational level. Clark may have been asking the wrong questions at the interview, or thinking that just hiring a "personnel guru" would be enough. He has to make sure he gets the right leader this time. Because Clark is a lot of things, but he is not a strong and active leader for the organization. So he needs someone who is qualified to set that tone...

Titty Meat 12-17-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9218636)
Are you trying to say that Clark is gonna keep Scott Pioli or something?

Because, well...he isn't.

What?

-King- 12-17-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9218710)
yeah as soon as they figure out Tom Brady is the Patriot Way.

What?
Posted via Mobile Device

rabblerouser 12-17-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Exactly - Pioli wasn't a bad hire; he was the hottest GM candidate around, and he came here for the exact reasons outlined in the original post : Chunt is a hands-off owner who lets his football people run the ship.

Turns out Pioli is an insane egomaniac who actually makes terrible personnel decisions and defends them with stupid ****ing catchphrases like "Finding the right 53 is a process" - HEY PIOLI, check it out - NO NFL team has 'the right 53', especially NOT the Patriots. Hell, they have an entirely different 52 than the team that won the first Super Bowl. The only person they keep is Brady - everyone else is ****ing expendable; they cut, resign, cut, and resign the same guys 5 times, or different guys 20 times, it doesn't matter. They have the 2 things we don't have - a QB and a HC. We had a HC who told Pioli to get a ****ing QB and Pioli fired the guy.

So here we are. **** you, Pioli. **** you in your stupid ****ing ass.

What was the question???

Bump 12-17-2012 06:25 PM

without any passion at all from ownership, I doubt we will ever win much.

BlackHelicopters 12-17-2012 06:29 PM

ChUNT has, IMO, not learned from history.

DTLB58 12-17-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9218609)
So Lamars other 3 kids have absolutely nothing to do with the team?

I thought I read just the other day they were on the Board along with their mom.

DTLB58 12-17-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9219228)
without any passion at all from ownership, I doubt we will ever win much.

Agreed. If you just hire someone as say "get er done" and walk away from it, for the most part that's not really what most of these owners are doing these days.

If it were me and Pioli didn't work out, I would be stepping in to make afew more "suggestions". At least QB wise.

Marcellus 12-17-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9219241)
ChUNT has, IMO, not learned from history.

What history? What evidence do you have other than he hired the most sought after GM in the league right out the gate?

Yes he ****ed up but not because he didn't try. And all the Clark doesn't care bullshit is getting old, there is ZERO evidence to support that claim. If he didn't care he wouldn't have canned Peterson and company and hired the highest paid guy in the league.

-King- 12-17-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9219267)
Agreed. If you just hire someone as say "get er done" and walk away from it, for the most part that's not really what most of these owners are doing these days.

If it were me and Pioli didn't work out, I would be stepping in to make afew more "suggestions". At least QB wise.

The thing is...What input should an owner really have in running a football team? Clark has a billion dollar franchise and other million dollar businesses to worry about. Having input on the team is not something I really want him having. Hire a good GM that knows how to run a football team and let him work. Then the GM can hire a good coach that knows how to coach a football team and let him work.

BlackHelicopters 12-17-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9219312)
What history? What evidence do you have other than he hired the most sought after GM in the league right out the gate?

Yes he ****ed up but not because he didn't try. And all the Clark doesn't care bullshit is getting old, there is ZERO evidence to support that claim. If he didn't care he wouldn't have canned Peterson and company and hired the highest paid guy in the league.

I was speaking of the Hunt family hx of too much loyalty, and tolerance of mediocre results at best for the majority of Chiefs hx.

Marcellus 12-17-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9219490)
I was speaking of the Hunt family hx of too much loyalty, and tolerance of mediocre results at best for the majority of Chiefs hx.

So the likelihood that is Clark firing Pioli 4 years in is a sign he hasn't learned from his father being too loyal?

That doesn't make any sense.