ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games FAR CRY 3!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267624)

Rugby Thompson 12-14-2012 04:37 PM

512MB Video RAM

Rugby Thompson 12-14-2012 04:38 PM

The animals in this game are crazy, tigers, lions, panthers, sharks, gators, komodo dragons, lizards, birds. I even had a pack of wolves or coyotes attack me when I was on a high up mountain sniping.

hometeam 12-14-2012 10:35 PM

looks badass, will prob buy and download tommorrow night

loochy 12-15-2012 09:52 AM

i asked for it for christmas. i bet my in laws buy it for me since that was about the only think i could think of to ask for.

AND i get 2 weeks off after christmas so ill have plenty of time to play.

hometeam 12-15-2012 10:15 PM

bought it.

SAUTO 12-15-2012 10:45 PM

I've just been trying to unlock radio towers today. Got eight. I know I suck...
Posted via Mobile Device

ZootedGranny 12-15-2012 10:52 PM

Two things to note before I get into it:

1. Yes, I beat the game.
2. Yes, I generally hate everything.

Now my quick thought:

An offensively dumb storyline in which you're tasked with saving some of the most contemptible people of this console generation. The gameplay itself is nothing special. Stealth is hiding behind a tiny bush while clueless AI walk 3 feet in front of you, checking out the 34th rock you've thrown from your endless supply. Gun battles involve omniscient enemies soaking up your shots, not unlike the tiger that took an entire clip before it fell. Ubisoft carries over the technique from Assassin's Creed of filling your entire map with icons. Whoa! What's this diamond? Oh, useless bric-a-brac to net you $2. The more outposts you clear, the less emergent gameplay to experience. If you were to clear every outpost, the entire island would be vacant of enemies.

It manages to be a safe game that's technically better than Far Cry 2, but also completely forgettable. Ultimately, I think the best game in this series will be one balanced between Far Cry 2 & 3.

Rugby Thompson 12-15-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny (Post 9211663)
Two things to note before I get into it:

1. Yes, I beat the game.
2. Yes, I generally hate everything.

Now my quick thought:

An offensively dumb storyline in which you're tasked with saving some of the most contemptible people of this console generation. The gameplay itself is nothing special. Stealth is hiding behind a tiny bush while clueless AI walk 3 feet in front of you, checking out the 34th rock you've thrown from your endless supply. Gun battles involve omniscient enemies soaking up your shots, not unlike the tiger that took an entire clip before it fell. Ubisoft carries over the technique from Assassin's Creed of filling your entire map with icons. Whoa! What's this diamond? Oh, useless bric-a-brac to net you $2. The more outposts you clear, the less emergent gameplay to experience. If you were to clear every outpost, the entire island would be vacant of enemies.

It manages to be a safe game that's technically better than Far Cry 2, but also completely forgettable. Ultimately, I think the best game in this series will be one balanced between Far Cry 2 & 3.

Get Hitman Absolution, it's better. You would respect it.

ZootedGranny 12-16-2012 12:07 AM

I've already played it.

I warmed up to it a bit, but in the end felt it was too restrictive, or at the very least didn't reward alternate playstyles.

Mother****erJones 12-16-2012 12:24 AM

Far Cry 2 was awful from what I heard. Never played Far Cry until I a week ago when I bought the 3rd one. Amazing game! A lot of fun

Rugby Thompson 12-16-2012 02:59 PM

The first far cry was amazing, might of been the best one.

Rugby Thompson 12-16-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny (Post 9211804)
I've already played it.[/url]

I warmed up to it a bit, but in the end felt it was too restrictive, or at the very least didn't reward alternate playstyles.

What game do you recommend? I'm looking for something to get lost in and keep my interest.

mdchiefsfan 12-28-2012 06:21 AM

Just bought this. I love it. Anybody else grab it? Those that already have it and progressed further; how is it going? Did you fall off or are you still playing?

WildTurkey 01-01-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9245411)
Just bought this. I love it. Anybody else grab it? Those that already have it and progressed further; how is it going? Did you fall off or are you still playing?

Can't stop playing it and I'm pretty far along. Hasn't lost any of its charm. The skills you get to upgrade as you progress make it even more enjoyable

SomeRandomGirl 01-01-2013 08:35 AM

I'd really like to start over and not open up all of the forts so quickly. We're to the point now where we stopped opening them up just to save some fun for later and there's only 3 left :(. I think that's one of the most fun parts. We also explored and did so many side quests at the beginning that we were way further than I think the "average" one would be compared to the story line.

I swear to you I could ride that damned hang-glider all day every day. Just to see how far I can go on it and such. Right now we're just killing time cleaning up the the islands of treasures, relics, and letters before moving on with the story line. We've yet to even try the co-op yet.