ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop acid reflux! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265417)

Chief Roundup 10-20-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9032251)
Been on Prilosec for a few years now. Attempting to get off of it. So far I have been able to go 6 days without needing another dose. Hopefully, I will eventually get all the way off of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9031700)
I take Pantoprazole (generic Protonix) daily. What a wonderful medicine. Otherwise, I would be in misery every day with reflux.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9031697)
I've had acid reflux bad since 06...Been taking Prilosec OTC (Omeprazole) every day since then.

If I don't take it in the morning before I eat, then I'll have unbearable heartburn all damn day...Sucks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9031552)
I've been getting it more frequently. I'm getting old. FML.

If you guys are having a lot of reflux you need to see your physicians probably. My dad waited to go see his until it had damaged his esophagus. He had been on Prilosec for a long time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9031526)
My mom had her acid reflux surgery. Get that. Its painful but worth it

My dad had this surgery a year ago and he is happy overall with the results of the operation. What he doesn't like is that he can't puke or burp or anything like that. It has to come out the other end.

dannybcaitlyn 10-20-2012 07:03 AM

I went to a gastro doc about mine and had to get mine scoped. I had a little damage and they also stretched my esophagus. He told me to change the way I eat and put me on some prescribed heartburn meds. I have a appt like next month for a checkup. IF You been having problems get it checked out! You can get cancer in the esophagus from acid reflux.
http://www.ecan.org/site/PageServer?pagename=home

R8RFAN 10-20-2012 07:11 AM

Generic brand of Zantac works best for me.

NewChief 10-20-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9031533)
haha, i recently turned lactose and its a BITCH, i love diary milk especially and it SUX now days when i drink it. Shit changes as you get older.

It may take you a while to get used to the sweetness, but try almond milk. Do not get the Unsweetened or the Vanilla. Get the original.

scho63 10-20-2012 04:18 PM

I have gastritis, GERD, heartburn at night, esophageal corrosion, and a hiatal hernia that was diagnosed 2 months ago during an endoscopy and biopsy. They put me on Nexium and I feel 99% better and don't have any reflux or heartburn at night anymore.

Go get checked out

R8RFAN 10-20-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9033173)
I have gastritis, GERD, heartburn at night, esophageal corrosion, and a hiatal hernia that was diagnosed 2 months ago during an endoscopy and biopsy. They put me on Nexium and I feel 99% better and don't have any reflux or heartburn at night anymore.

Go get checked out

Hell ya, piss on that heartburn at night... I only get it if I eat late..

R8RFAN 10-20-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9032368)
It may take you a while to get used to the sweetness, but try almond milk. Do not get the Unsweetened or the Vanilla. Get the original.

Thats all we drink over here 99% of the time is Almond Milk... I love the stuff

007 11-12-2017 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9032329)
If you guys are having a lot of reflux you need to see your physicians probably. My dad waited to go see his until it had damaged his esophagus. He had been on Prilosec for a long time.

My dad had this surgery a year ago and he is happy overall with the results of the operation. What he doesn't like is that he can't puke or burp or anything like that. It has to come out the other end.

What exactly is this surgery anyway? My reflux has come back in the worst way. WAking up in the middle of the night choking on bile. Scary as hell. I'm on thyroid meds so taking anything that breaks down my acid directly works against the thyroid med. Its a shitty combo that I can't work around.

TLO 11-12-2017 01:50 PM

What a fun bump!

007 11-12-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 13212651)
What a fun bump!

thought about starting a new thread but I already participated in this one and its still relevant.

TLO 11-12-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13212657)
thought about starting a new thread but I already participated in this one and its still relevant.

I'm just messing around. LMAO

Hope you find the answers you seek.

tx4chiefs 11-12-2017 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9031700)
I take Pantoprazole (generic Protonix) daily. What a wonderful medicine. Otherwise, I would be in misery every day with reflux.

This, and don't eat for a couple hours before bed. When you feel it coming. Sleep with head slightly elevated.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-12-2017 02:47 PM

Just going to mention it:

A lot of newer clinical information points to PPIs not being nearly as benign as originally believed.

007 11-12-2017 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13212735)
Just going to mention it:

A lot of newer clinical information points to PPIs not being nearly as benign as originally believed.

Yep, they try to avoid putting people on them now. Turns out any acid medication practically cancels out my thyroid meds so I'm in a crap situation right now. Finally found a thyroid med that works really well and I don't want anything screwing with that.

Rasputin 11-12-2017 03:14 PM

Take one Nexium a day.