ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Anonymous GM rips Detroit Lions (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264935)

The Franchise 10-10-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8998559)
I wouldn't be too eager to give Suh the $14 million/season he's entitled to.

He's good, but he's not that good. Ngata? Oh hell yeah, I'd give Ngata that contract. But I don't think Suh is presently worth what he's being paid. He has the potential to get there, but I don't think he has the drive.

There's some truth to that GM's statement - Suh is overrated, IMO.

He'd be an awesome 1 gap 3-4 DE. :D

Mi_chief_fan 10-10-2012 11:42 AM

The funny thing is, going into the offseason, everyone knew they had 2 big problems: bad, aging o-line & bad corners. They did next to nothing to fix either. I don't understand their blind loyalty to Raiola & Backus, both seriously need upgraded.

Titty Meat 10-10-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8998559)
I wouldn't be too eager to give Suh the $14 million/season he's entitled to.

He's good, but he's not that good. Ngata? Oh hell yeah, I'd give Ngata that contract. But I don't think Suh is presently worth what he's being paid. He has the potential to get there, but I don't think he has the drive.

There's some truth to that GM's statement - Suh is overrated, IMO.

Ngata has 19 sacks in 7 seasons Suh already has 16.5 and hasn't even played 3 seasons yet with one of the worst DC's in the league. As for not having the drive that's bullshit.

DJ's left nut 10-10-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8998578)
Ngata has 19 sacks in 7 seasons Suh already has 16.5 and hasn't even played 3 seasons yet with one of the worst DC's in the league. As for not having the drive that's bullshit.

Yeah yeah, husker fan, we know. Suh's the greatest DT ever.

Ngata does so much more than Suh does it's not even funny. Suh gets to shoot gaps and chase sacks all day, Ngata has far more gap responsibility, etc...

If Suh's truly worth $14 million, then we see how foolish it is to put that much money into the D-line these days because that Lions defense is mediocre on its best days.

Titty Meat 10-10-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8998599)
Yeah yeah, husker fan, we know. Suh's the greatest DT ever.

Ngata does so much more than Suh does it's not even funny. Suh gets to shoot gaps and chase sacks all day, Ngata has far more gap responsibility, etc...

If Suh's truly worth $14 million, then we see how foolish it is to put that much money into the D-line these days because that Lions defense is mediocre on its best days.

Here we go invoking my Husker fandom into the argument. People did this with Stanzi when I argued that he sucks. We all know how that turned out.

I never said Suh was the greatest though many said he was the best defensive linemen to come out since Reggie White. His rookie year he had 66 tackles and 10 sacks. Ngata and Suh play different roles in different defenses Ngata is also surrounded by much better talent. The defense isn't mediocre because of Suh.

And i'd love to know who the source is because if it's Pioli we all know how great he is at evaluating talent.

Mugalug 10-10-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 8998537)
Kind of hilarious that this out. Especially after the Lion's were so hyped last year and that rift between KC and DET over the tampering and how KC looked like crap and DET looked awesome and were on there way to greatness. Now look? DET looks like crap. DET has one of the worst defenses I've seen. Gunther couldn't coordinate his dick into a vagina

LMAOLMAOLMAO Made me lol. Carry on.

FAX 10-10-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 8998500)
Gun's whole "Suh's the best player I ever coached" thing is looking a tad questionable.

Actually, that was Vanden Bosch he said that about. Even worse.

ROFL

For some reason, I hear the voice of Kendrell Bell afar off in the distance.

FAX

-King- 10-10-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 8998537)
Kind of hilarious that this out. Especially after the Lion's were so hyped last year and that rift between KC and DET over the tampering and how KC looked like crap and DET looked awesome and were on there way to greatness. Now look? DET looks like crap. DET has one of the worst defenses I've seen. Gunther couldn't coordinate his dick into a vagina

Thanks for that last line. I look like a jackass laughing my ass off in public now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mother****erJones 10-10-2012 05:34 PM

HAHA knew ud guys like that. Sorry just had to vent

Pasta Little Brioni 10-10-2012 05:50 PM

That's what they get for bringing back Gun

Tombstone RJ 10-10-2012 05:50 PM

for as much "talent" as the Lions supposedly have, they should be dominating. I know their running game is struggling because their RBs keep getting injured, however, they have more than just megatron to throw to.

Also, I think Stafford is an overrated crybaby.

-King- 10-10-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 8999665)
for as much "talent" as the Lions supposedly have, they should be dominating. I know their running game is struggling because their RBs keep getting injured, however, they have more than just megatron to throw to.

Also, I think Stafford is an overrated crybaby.

Yeah. Titus Young and Burleson are pretty damn good #2 and 3 WRs. Add in Schefter and Pettigrew and you have a damn good receiving Corp.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tombstone RJ 10-10-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8999734)
Yeah. Titus Young and Burleson are pretty damn good #2 and 3 WRs. Add in Schefter and Pettigrew and you have a damn good receiving Corp.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sheffler sure talks a lot of crap too. They are a cocky young team with a loudmouth coach IMHO.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-10-2012 06:26 PM

Like that Loudmouth with the Jets....all hype, no substance

CoMoChief 10-10-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief103182 (Post 8998502)
Here's hoping they can bring Bell, Surtain, and Knight back. The dream team!

I do think Kendrell Bell was mis-used. Wrong scheme etc.

Had he been in a 3-4, he would have been a force. He was a badass at PIT.