ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports REP THREAD - NJ Devils going to play in the Stanley Cup Finals (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259886)

Gadzooks 05-25-2012 09:09 PM

Just make sure it's positive rep...:harumph:
BTW- My Leafs and Whalers both missed the playoffs yet again.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-25-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8638948)
Go Devils! At least one of my teams is good.

This! While I'm not a hockey diehard, I've been a Devils fan since Brodeur came into the league. First time they've played in the finals since 2003, and at least 1 ****ing team I root for competes for championships. GO DEVILS!

Bugeater 05-25-2012 09:21 PM

Woo hoo! Congrats for whoever that team is for doing whatever they did!

rockymtnchief 05-25-2012 09:33 PM

Congrats from a Rangers fan. They earned it.

tredadda 05-25-2012 09:34 PM

Congrats to the Devils. I still think the Kings win and I will be rooting for them since they have never won the cup, but what the Devils have done is no small feat.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-25-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8639012)
Congrats to the Devils. I still think the Kings win and I will be rooting for them since they have never won the cup, but what the Devils have done is no small feat.

The Kings are on an incredible run. They've beaten the top 3 seeds to get here, it will be a tough series. My guess though is Marty goes lights ****ing out and looks vintage in this series. Devils in 5, maybe 6. Now, I'm a huge Brodeur mark. I admit it. But I believe on this stage, he reminds us why he is the greatest goalkeeper of all time.

CaliforniaChief 05-25-2012 09:43 PM

Hey, congratulations!!!!!!

Now go choke on one and die in the Finals.

GO KINGS!

pr_capone 05-25-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8639029)
The Kings are on an incredible run. They've beaten the top 3 seeds to get here, it will be a tough series. My guess though is Marty goes lights ****ing out and looks vintage in this series. Devils in 5, maybe 6. Now, I'm a huge Brodeur mark. I admit it. But I believe on this stage, he reminds us why he is the greatest goalkeeper of all time.

The Devils are gonna play their hearts out to get Marty one more. I don't think there is a team out there that is gonna keep them from the Cup.

Kyle DeLexus 05-25-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8638980)
and at least 1 ****ing team I root for competes for championships. GO DEVILS!

This!

When I was in high school and a few years of college I listened to every game that wasn't televised online. I got very bored with that and just started watching other teams and checking the scores online.

I need to get center ice...NBC Sports hardly ever schedules Devils games.

tredadda 05-25-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

He is good, no doubt. We will see if he still has it this whole series because the Kings are playing lights out. Brodeur has been lights out at times and average at best other times in this playoffs. I just think Quick will be as good if not better in this series. Oh and IMO Roy was the best goalie of all time. I would put Brodeur in the Top 3-5 though.

alpha_omega 05-25-2012 09:50 PM

I'll root for the former KC Scouts.

kysirsoze 05-25-2012 09:51 PM

YEAH DEVILS YEAH WOOOOO!!!!!

Kyle DeLexus 05-25-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Marty looked ****ing amazing tonight. That 3rd period was the Marty show. He really couldn't have done a lot to stop either goal the Rangers scored. Hoping that carries over and I'm sure it will.

I also agree with pr, the team looks great right now and will get Marty another.

CaliforniaChief 05-25-2012 09:52 PM

Are they actually going to show the Finals on a channel that I get?

Saulbadguy 05-25-2012 09:53 PM

A Braves fan and a Devils fan? Boy, you have shit for brains, don't you?