ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Boxing (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259237)

RNR 05-05-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportsshrink (Post 8595524)
Does it really matter anymore? MMA now rules. Boxing will soon be altogether gone in due time IMHO due to our thirst as a society for the more violent morbidity of MMA.

I disagree. Boxing was run for years and years by pure scum. They fixed fights and created multiple belts. They rigged the rankings and had fighters duck contenders to protect padded records. That and everyone always wondered after a bout what would happen if these two guys went for it outside of the ring. For years the heavyweight champion was touted as the toughest man in the world. When anyone who knew anything about fighting knew this was very unlikely.
MMA is a much more accurate gage of which guy is the better fighter. I will concede that the promotion of the sport is showing some of the same traits boxing did. Big money just has that effect on the sports. When the object of a contest is to determine who is the best fighter MMA eliminates the what ifs~

TrickyNicky 05-05-2012 08:33 AM

I'll not spend my money on a Mayweather fight unless its against Pacquiao. That said, I think he will win.

Sorter 05-05-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportsshrink (Post 8595524)
Does it really matter anymore? MMA now rules. Boxing will soon be altogether gone in due time IMHO due to our thirst as a society for the more violent morbidity of MMA.

ROFL

Sorter 05-05-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 8595663)
Tomorrows boxing match will shatter anything mma has EVER done. Probably 2 mma events combined.

While Boxing isnt what it used to be, its still a huge draw if the fighters are right.

I love MMA and i love Boxing, but ill take a good boxing match over a good MMA fight anyday. Tell me there is anything that was as good as the Mickey Ward/Aturo Gotti fights in MMA. I been watching pretty much since Day one of the UFC and i havent seen it. I seen some good matches, but nothing that even comes close to a good boxing match.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/imZaiGJgbsw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

doesnt get much better then that right there.

Should watch Shogun/Rogerio, Shogun/Hendo, e Fedor/Minotauro for starters.

blaise 05-05-2012 08:58 AM

I would never lay a dime against Floyd, not even if he fought Manny.

RNR 05-05-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8595771)
I would never lay a dime against Floyd, not even if he fought Manny.

Or his babies momma :rolleyes:

blaise 05-05-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 8595774)
Or his babies momma :rolleyes:

I don't like him. I wish someone would knock him out. I just don't ever expect to see it.

RNR 05-05-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8595775)
I don't like him. I wish someone would knock him out. I just don't ever expect to see it.

I agree, he is a shitbag but a double tough shitbag~

boogblaster 05-05-2012 09:10 AM

f littl' floyd .....

KC native 05-05-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 8595415)
Maybe he will give the youngster Canelo a shot then lll

Not going to happen unless he feels that Canelo isn't ready. Canelo has the power, speed, and ability to knock him out, he's just a little too raw still. The only way that fight happens is if it's Floyd's next fight and he sees something that will help him win tonight.

Halfcan 05-05-2012 11:49 AM

Boxing is sooo boring compared to MMA. Hard to believe Mayfeather is getting 32 million bucks off this.

pr_capone 05-05-2012 11:55 AM

Pulling for Cotto full force tonight.

Micjones 05-05-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Tomorrows boxing match will shatter anything mma has EVER done. Probably 2 mma events combined.

While Boxing isnt what it used to be, its still a huge draw if the fighters are right.

I love MMA and i love Boxing, but ill take a good boxing match over a good MMA fight anyday. Tell me there is anything that was as good as the Mickey Ward/Aturo Gotti fights in MMA. I been watching pretty much since Day one of the UFC and i havent seen it. I seen some good matches, but nothing that even comes close to a good boxing match.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/imZaiGJgbsw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RIP Diego. Guy had the heart of a lion.

beach tribe 05-05-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

A great match ending in more Boxing BS.
One guy allowed to come off of his back twice and continue, and the other guy loses still standing on his feet.

htismaqe 05-05-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8596014)
RIP Diego. Guy had the heart of a lion.

My cousin took some pics with Diego a few weeks before he died. One of my favorite fighters ever. (My cousin runs a boxing company down in KC...)