ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports INSANITY Workout – any CP Insanity veterans in here?? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255946)

WV 02-08-2012 02:55 PM

A college age girl at church is doing it and she says it's tough as hell. I've also heard it's harder than p90x.

chiefzilla1501 02-08-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8359022)
My neighbor loaned me this, but I have been too scared to try it due to how out of shape I am. I suppose I need to overcome my fear and get to work.

It will kick your ass but it also works. Make it your goal to finish the warm up within a week. Once you get there keep pushing yourself to do a little more without stopping. Its a lot easier when you put less pressure to finish the entire video on the first week.

Skyy God 02-08-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toadkiller (Post 8359029)
Loved insanity. Love that half the people in the video can't get through it either. I finished it but ended up hurting my foot towards the end, there is a ton of hoping and <b>jimping</b>, hard on the joints.

Hopefully you did this at home, not the gym. Otherwise, bad form, man.

KCUnited 02-08-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Loved insanity. Love that half the people in the video can't get through it either. I finished it but ended up hurting my foot towards the end, there is a ton of hoping and jimping, hard on the joints.

That's my kind of video.

allen_kcCard 02-08-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Loved insanity. Love that half the people in the video can't get through it either. I finished it but ended up hurting my foot towards the end, there is a ton of hoping and jimping, hard on the joints.

Jizzed in my pantsing? Did he send pics of the daughter?

chiefzilla1501 02-08-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8359035)
A college age girl at church is doing it and she says it's tough as hell. I've also heard it's harder than p90x.

Much tougher. P90x is great if you want to get cut. Insanity is great if you want to get lean. I do p90x but sub in 2 insanity workouts

Blankey 02-08-2012 02:59 PM

Insanity could be a bit much for a 250+ pounder. I'd say try out the original P90. It can be a little repetitive because you're doing the same 2 exercises over and over again, but I managed to stick with it when I was 255 lbs. It started me on my way to losing 60+ lbs.

frankotank 02-08-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Loved insanity. Love that half the people in the video can't get through it either. I finished it but ended up hurting my foot towards the end, there is a ton of hoping and jumping, hard on the joints.

now see...I wasn't gonna say anything until they jumped on the "jimping".....but I'll be hoping too! hoping I don't have a frigging heart attack!

mnchiefsguy 02-08-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blankey (Post 8359051)
Insanity could be a bit much for a 250+ pounder. I'd say try out the original P90. It can be a little repetitive because you're doing the same 2 exercises over and over again, but I managed to stick with it when I was 255 lbs. It started me on my way to losing 60+ lbs.

I am at about 270 right now. I need to do something, that is for sure. May try the suggestion of just working on the warm-up until I get all the way through it. May be repetitive, but it might help me get into enough shape to do the workouts at least partway, enough to make a difference at least.

frankotank 02-08-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blankey (Post 8359051)

wow! 60 lbs! I'll never see the underside of 200 I'm sure. but I'd love to see 215. it's already in the mail so I reckon I'll give it a shot.

frankotank 02-08-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Loved insanity. Love that half the people in the video can't get through it either. I finished it but ended up hurting my foot towards the end, there is a ton of hoping and jumping, hard on the joints.

yeah this is what concerned me most, the hits to the joints. I play bball with my son and we'll set the rim 8.5 - 9 ft and dunk (yes I can actually still dunk at 9ft...barely) and I'm usually pretty sore the next day. I guess I'll either be able to take the pounding or I won't....

a guy at work told me his friend did this workout and got in trouble from his wife for sweating all over the carpet. too funny. I sweat like a hog and there's carpet all over our house. guess I better throw down a crappy blanket or something....

Toadkiller 02-08-2012 03:15 PM

I must be old since I dont know what the hell jimping is other then notches on a knife.

Oh yeah you will sweat big time with insanity.

Inspector 02-08-2012 03:34 PM

I found this to be extremely easy. Never even broke a sweat.

Of course I hired a 23 year old kid to do the workout while I watched TV and drank some beer. That was a tremendous help.

007 02-08-2012 04:14 PM

Insanity kicks P90x's ASS. I did P90x for a couple months before I just got burned out on it. tried Insanity earlier this year and said to myself "no ****ing way"

This coming from a guy that averages a 9 minute mile. NOt great but not bad either.

bevischief 02-08-2012 04:27 PM

Just go get a stationary bike. I lost over 40 pounds using it and keep it off. Also it sits in front of my TV as well.