ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Great Sandwiches from CP (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=210954)

mlyonsd 07-27-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 5928821)
1. Grilled salami and hot pepper cheese on rye bread.

2; Leftover meatloaf on any bread with some good mustard. Good cold or grilled.

3. Leftover beef roast (oven) pulled apart with mayo and salt.

#1 sounds interesting.

blaise 07-27-2009 05:08 PM

Anyone ever had a beef on weck sandwich? Basically hot roast beef and horseradish on a kimmelweck bun (which is basically a kaiser roll with salt rubbed all over the top). They're great.

RJ 07-27-2009 05:09 PM

Grilled turkey breast, smoked mozzarela (or any smoked cheese) and sliced tomato on sourdough bread. Wish I had one now.

the Talking Can 07-27-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 5928852)
What does goat cheese taste like? I love cheese, but it along with head cheese, I've never tasted.

it's like a better feta, less salty, with a smoother, creamier texture and a bit more acidic (rainman is right, it has a 'tang' to it)...very pleasing flavor not at all funky or wierd....

i smear it on anything...like an expensive replacement for cream cheese

fresh goat cheese is incredible, used to live near a farmer's market where it was available

Donger 07-27-2009 05:10 PM

A staple at my house growing up was the bacon sandwich. So, simple yet so bad for you.

Donger 07-27-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 5928865)
it's like a better feta, less salty, with a smoother, creamier texture and a bit more acidic...very pleasing flavor not at all funky or wierd....

i smear it on anything...like an expensive replacement for cream cheese

fresh goat cheese is incredible, used to live near a farmer's market where it was available

I may have to procure some at the local King Soopers.

The Franchise 07-27-2009 05:12 PM

Sweet roll
smoked turkey breast
cheddar cheese
sprouts
pickles
mustard

mlyonsd 07-27-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5928851)
Grilled cheese with bacon and tomato? That's sheer brilliance. I like grilled cheese. I like bacon and tomato. But I've never thought about combining the two. I may have to have that for dinner tonight.

The key is to have a good tomato and make sure it's patted dry, otherwise it might end up too messy.

Donger 07-27-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 5928879)
The key is to have a good tomato and make sure it's patted dry, otherwise it might end up too messy.

I wish I liked tomato. They look so yummy.

petegz28 07-27-2009 05:17 PM

1 slice of bread with grape jelly\jam
1 slice of bread with Heinz 57 sauce

smash the 2 together

enjoy the surprised look on your face as you realize how good it really is

mlyonsd 07-27-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 5928852)
What does goat cheese taste like? I love cheese, but it along with head cheese, I've never tasted.

If you're supposedly from England and don't know what goat cheese tastes like I'd really like to see your long form birth certificate for proof you know what you're talking about.

CoMoChief 07-27-2009 05:19 PM

I'll take "scrambled eggs between the legs," Alex.

CoMoChief 07-27-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5928890)
1 slice of bread with grape jelly\jam
1 slice of bread with Heinz 57 sauce

smash the 2 together

enjoy the surprised look on your face as you realize how good it really is

That is ****ing gross. :eek:

Donger 07-27-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 5928893)
If you're supposedly from England and don't know what goat cheese tastes like I'd really like to see your long form birth certificate for proof you know what you're talking about.

It's entirely possible that I've had it before and was lied to. Heck, my mother cooked my pet rabbit and served it to us for dinner one night.

cdcox 07-27-2009 05:23 PM

Speidis

Here is a recipe that works well for a crowd. It is popular in the Finger Lake Region of New York. Everyone who has tried it, likes it. I'm surprised it hasn't migrated to other regions of the country in the 40 years since my family learned of it. It is called a Seidi based on the fact that you don't need a plate to prepare this sandwich. You basically put a thin-sliced piece of Italian bread on your hand, use the bread to pull about 4 pieces of meat off the kabob and eat. No need for any spreads because the meat is highly seasoned.

Marinade:

1-1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup vinegar
2 T dried basil
2 T dried oregano
6 cloves garlic
1 T lemon juice
1 T dried parsley
2 T salt
2 T black pepper
1/2 cup red wine

This will marinate several pounds of meat (make enough marinade to completely cover however much meat you have.) Lamb or beef can be used. Use a good cut of meat and cube it into bite size pieces (about 3/4 inch). Marinate for 3 to 6 days, the longer the better. Then put the meat on skewers and grill. One skewer should make about 2-3 hand sized sandwiches.