ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Herm: No personnel changes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=193714)

Hammock Parties 10-08-2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 5095863)
According to the numbers, Jones has yet to give up a sack

Jones is a good pass protector and can get out and move when the Chiefs call for perimeter running plays. His problem is that he's just not very strong at the point of attack. That's why we struggled so much last week. He was going up against a MONSTER DT who ate him alive.

FAX 10-08-2008 04:59 PM

Why would Herm want to be canned? This is the perfect situation for him ... a team whose ownership puts little emphasis on winning. No, Herm is the kind of guy who would rather quit than be fired. That way, he could blame his exit on someone else rather than take responsibility on himself.

My guess is that he believes that stability in the o-line personnel is more important than individual talent at this point. It's the only possible explanation. He does, you know, cling to the coaching maxims he's learned over the years. Well ... the ones he learned 30 years ago, anyhow. And, the criticality of maintaining consistency in the o-line lineup is one of those.

FAX

Iowanian 10-08-2008 05:06 PM

Herm....You're an effing idiot.

The right side of the Oline is not going to get better by playing more. McIntosh is a scrub, and Jones is a couple of steps below a jag.

2112 10-08-2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 5095885)
Herm....You're an effing idiot.

The right side of the Oline is not going to get better by playing more. McIntosh is a scrub, and Jones is a couple of steps below a jag.

Adrian Jones is a human turnstyle. your QB's will continue to get killed.

Rain Man 10-08-2008 05:16 PM

I mentioned this once before, but I still think it's hilarious. On our current offensive line...

We moved a LG to LT (Albert)
We moved a C to LG (Waters)
We moved a RG to C (Niswanger)
We moved a RT to RG (Jones)
We moved a LT to RT (McIntosh)

Iowanian 10-08-2008 05:19 PM

I know Jones sucks balls.....thats why I'm for seeing someone else at RG too.

We suck. Find out who can play.

At least dress these young Oline guys and give them a few series/game.

FAX 10-08-2008 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5095908)
I mentioned this once before, but I still think it's hilarious. On our current offensive line...

Makes perfect sense, to me. It's all about maximizing the skills of the players we have.

FAX

Mr. Laz 10-08-2008 05:31 PM

ya ... because you wouldn't want to make any changes during the team's bye week.

dirk digler 10-08-2008 05:33 PM

Good. That means if we lose big time against the Titans and don't make any changes Herm looks like a bigger idiot and maybe Clark will fire his ass right after the game

The Franchise 10-08-2008 05:34 PM

Sweet....Herm might as well go and break Brodie's back himself.

I would love for once just to see Brodie get sacked because of McIntosh.....and then Brodie runs up and takes out McIntosh's knees.

FAX 10-08-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 5095940)
Good. That means if we lose big time against the Titans and don't make any changes Herm looks like a bigger idiot and maybe Clark will fire his ass right after the game

I'm hoping for halftime.

Wouldn't it be great if Clark came down to the sidelines, took Herm's headset and clipboard, and pointed to the parking lot?

Then, he could coach the second half while the words, "Come Home Bill Cowher!!" flash on the scoreboard.

Awesome.

FAX

Skip Towne 10-08-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5095908)

Let's move LJ to Linebacker and Colquitt to Safety.

Rain Man 10-08-2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 5095927)
Makes perfect sense, to me. It's all about maximizing the skills of the players we have.

FAX

It seems to me like Herm should've just made everyone step 2.5 feet to their left.

FAX 10-08-2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5095962)
It seems to me like Herm should've just made everyone step 2.5 feet to their left.

ROFL

FAX

Rain Man 10-08-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 5095960)
Let's move LJ to Linebacker and Colquitt to Safety.

I'm still trying to figure out why McIntosh wasn't moved to the left wide receiver position, and Tony G. to right tackle.